RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
professor_jonny

deviceid update script

Currently if you clone a hdd you have to rescrape asset data or edit the database to reuse the old asset data as I have done in the past using SQLite database editor.

Could we use an LUA script to update the device id in the database should we clone our storage to another device?

Yes, you can do that. İ dont know what you need to do exactly, but i think you can retrieve the current device id and do all the needed SQL operations. İ would cal it fix devideİd oder Fix Database or something.

2 hours ago, saywaking said:

Yes, you can do that. İ dont know what you need to do exactly, but i think you can retrieve the current device id and do all the needed SQL operations. İ would cal it fix devideİd oder Fix Database or something.

Cool I know nothing about LUA scripting apart from a quick Wikipedia search but it seems to be an alternative to python.

But I guess if it has access directly to the db you can see the current mounted device ID and update the content locations, some simple logic to check the content on the device and decide which device id needs updating.

17 hours ago, professor_jonny said:

Cool I know nothing about LUA scripting apart from a quick Wikipedia search but it seems to be an alternative to python.

But I guess if it has access directly to the db you can see the current mounted device ID and update the content locations, some simple logic to check the content on the device and decide which device id needs updating.

Correct, you can find the Aurora API documentation here: https://github.com/XboxUnity/AuroraScripts

On 6/10/2018 at 5:27 PM, professor_jonny said:

Any progress on this wonderful idea?