RealModScene

Would it be possible to enable flattening of the directory hierarchy and filters/ sorting scripts in the file manager so you could have an Aurora dashboard like directory listing?

If it were able to update the database hooks if you happened to move titles that would be cool.

I'd like to be easily be able to manage games across storage devices cut paste etc, it would be handy for setting up and copying content.

4 hours ago, professor_jonny said:

Would it be possible to enable flattening of the directory hierarchy and sorting scripts in the file manager so you could have an Aurora dashboard like directory listing?

If it were able to update the database hooks if you happened to move titles that would be cool.

I'd like to be easily be able to manage games across storage devices cut paste etc, it would be handy for setting up and copying content.

You are asking like multiple things..

The scripts have nothing to do with the file manager..

You can already cut/paste easily in aurora.. across multiple devices.. 

7 hours ago, felida said:

You are asking like multiple things..

The scripts have nothing to do with the file manager..

You can already cut/paste easily in aurora.. across multiple devices.. 

Correct but I meant to add filters/ sorting scripts I will corrected my above suggestion.

with the file manager you are limited to browsing for content and adding it to the que, the ability to apply filters/ sorting scripts to a flattened directory would be handy.

As I have multiple storage devices it would be handy to organise content.

say if I want to move all car games to a specific device I would have to manually pick each title and copy it with my suggestion it would allow a wild card like approach to content from within the file manager.

That wouldn't be something that'd be part of the Filemanager, perhaps a feature to move title content instead

In theory, this would be possible to do with a Utility Script instead

I agree with swizzy, the API covers everything you would need to do what you are asking. It can do file operations(Copy, Move, Delete), and has DB functions included as well. So with some simple SQL query's, some simple lua code to sort the titles you want based upon a category saved in the db, and some simple file operations.

22 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I agree with swizzy, the API covers everything you would need to do what you are asking. It can do file operations(Copy, Move, Delete), and has DB functions included as well. So with some simple SQL query's, some simple lua code to sort the titles you want based upon a category saved in the db, and some simple file operations.

On the main display and you can apply filters with the triggers etc it is a very good way to group and isolate content.

I'm just wondering if the same features of the main display could be merged into the file manager or merge the file manager features into the main display as an alternative, once the filter is applied to a DB content related listing in the file manager you can select one at a time or select all to the que and copy paste etc...

Showing the DB content in a window like a extra storage device in the file manager would be preferable option.

To embed those features you would end up recreating the file manager basically in a utility script and recreating all the features of filters that are already preset on the main display.

It just seems like creating a utility script would be reinventing the stuff that Aurora already does and would probably do it a lot better than any thing I could invent in a script.

2 hours ago, professor_jonny said:

On the main display and you can apply filters with the triggers etc it is a very good way to group and isolate content.

I'm just wondering if the same features of the main display could be merged into the file manager or merge the file manager features into the main display as an alternative, once the filter is applied to a DB content related listing in the file manager you can select one at a time or select all to the que and copy paste etc...

Showing the DB content in a window like a extra storage device in the file manager would be preferable option.

To embed those features you would end up recreating the file manager basically in a utility script and recreating all the features of filters that are already preset on the main display.

It just seems like creating a utility script would be reinventing the stuff that Aurora already does and would probably do it a lot better than any thing I could invent in a script.

Putting it in the Filemanager makes me feel like we're re-inventing the wheel and adding a feature that's likely to be rarely used and/or will cause alot of confusion

Putting it in the main display under the details menu would be the way to go imho, that way you already have your filters etc. and all that's needed is moving the content to a new location and updating the database, much much smaller task as you don't need the whole filemanager to do that...

Putting it in a Utility Script would be a sort of POC, and is something you can do on your own, it's fairly simple to re-use the filters as they are, you merely need to read the data from the database into an object that reflects the data expected by the filters and you're good to go, from there it's merely moving the data (selecting where to move it to and making the transfer, afterwards you'd update the database with the location of where it went is all)

Hey Team RMS

Apology as do not want to be hijacking, or sidestep the OP's question but just wanted to ask can Aurora's file manager copy folders and content to another HDD connected to the usb port or across the LAN, would it be very slow worse than FTPn

I recently performed such a task by removed the HDD's from the console(s) and used windows and an app FATXplorer which worked flawlessly with USB3 caddys and done 1TB quite quickly to my surprise compared to my last HDD rebuilt was done via FTP and took days, i guess you don't need to move large volume of files every day, but Id thought Id ask since the topic was File manager

PEACE

Kosti

On 6/11/2018 at 5:13 PM, Swizzy said:

Putting it in the main display under the details menu would be the way to go imho, that way you already have your filters etc. and all that's needed is moving the content to a new location and updating the database, much much smaller task as you don't need the whole filemanager to do that...

I'm not at home at the moment but by details menu do you mean pressing the y button on individual titles to move?

yes that would be handy, but would lack features to que items, a way to multi select titles from the main display and preform the same function copy move functions as the file manager.

A way to transfer the items selected in the main display into a que in the file manager perhaps?

12 hours ago, Kosti said:

Apology as do not want to be hijacking, or sidestep the OP's question but just wanted to ask can Aurora's file manager copy folders and content to another HDD connected to the usb port or across the LAN, would it be very slow worse than FTPn

Using Aurora's file manager to copy from drive to drive is actually quite quick compared to ftp, but yes fatxplorer is the quickest method and very valuable if you use it extensively, I paid for it and is a very handy tool.

I'm still waiting for him to add original xbox support that as been on the cards for over a year now.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2018 at 2:43 PM, Kosti said:

Hey Team RMS

I recently performed such a task by removed the HDD's from the console(s) and used windows and an app FATXplorer which worked flawlessly with USB3 caddys and done 1TB quite quickly to my surprise compared to my last HDD rebuilt was done via FTP and took days, i guess you don't need to move large volume of files every day, but Id thought Id ask since the topic was File manager

PEACE

Kosti

Doing it on PC with USB 3.0 is probably faster then doing it on the console as the console is limited to USB 2.0 speeds, also the console only supports FAT32 as USB

On 6/14/2018 at 2:50 AM, professor_jonny said:

I'm not at home at the moment but by details menu do you mean pressing the y button on individual titles to move?

yes that would be handy, but would lack features to que items, a way to multi select titles from the main display and preform the same function copy move functions as the file manager.

A way to transfer the items selected in the main display into a que in the file manager perhaps?

well, it could be done so the copy process is done in the background while you are moving on to the next game...