RealModScene
rampage

[Solved] Trinity console beep once but won't boot, Nandpro could not detect a flash controller

Hi,

Am using matrix nand flasher and nandpro 2.0e, both worked fine on another motherboard.
10.83A Power supply showing yellow/orange while plugged in, same power supply worked fine on another console.
Trying to boot will only give one beep sound, no sign of fan or any other activity. 
Have tested all the MOS on the motherboard and the voltage drops seem to be normal, I assume all of them are good.
Tested the soldering points for nand reading, against the pads on the bottom side for continuity , all seems to be fine. Have re-soldered them anyway. 

GND Point has been soldered to the AV port.

soldering.png.49dd817694ac2a6848080092550d8d84.png

So what can I do with this issue?
I assume the motherboard is alive and I would need to unlock the flash chip by shorting?
Have already tried to short the pins using a wire taped to the pins, or a screwdriver, neither worked.
Maybe I should try to solder wires directly to the pins?

1) Disconnect Power Cable from 360, and disconnect USB cable from PC
2) Leave 360 unplugged for 2 mins
3) short data pins 29-32 being careful not to touch power pins 36&37 (my screwdriver was actually too big and ended up shorting 27-32 which worked fine for me, make sure the screwdriver head sits flat along the pins so it touches all of them without pressing too hard to avoid damaging)
4) Plug in Power
5) WAIT 5 seconds!!! <--- did not see this in other guides and it helped me!
6) Remove short
7) Plug in USB cable
Erase entire nand using the command: 
nandpro usb: -e16 0 400

Some threads say shorting pins 44-47 instead, so which one is correct?

Edited by rampage
solved

2 hours ago, rampage said:

Hi,

Am using matrix nand flasher and nandpro 2.0e, both worked fine on another motherboard.
10.83A Power supply showing yellow/orange while plugged in, same power supply worked fine on another console.
Trying to boot will only give one beep sound, no sign of fan or any other activity. 
Have tested all the MOS on the motherboard and the voltage drops seem to be normal, I assume all of them are good.
Tested the soldering points for nand reading, against the pads on the bottom side for continuity , all seems to be fine. Have re-soldered them anyway. 

GND Point has been soldered to the AV port.

soldering.png.49dd817694ac2a6848080092550d8d84.png

So what can I do with this issue?
I assume the motherboard is alive and I would need to unlock the flash chip by shorting?
Have already tried to short the pins using a wire taped to the pins, or a screwdriver, neither worked.
Maybe I should try to solder wires directly to the pins?

1) Disconnect Power Cable from 360, and disconnect USB cable from PC
2) Leave 360 unplugged for 2 mins
3) short data pins 29-32 being careful not to touch power pins 36&37 (my screwdriver was actually too big and ended up shorting 27-32 which worked fine for me, make sure the screwdriver head sits flat along the pins so it touches all of them without pressing too hard to avoid damaging)
4) Plug in Power
5) WAIT 5 seconds!!! <--- did not see this in other guides and it helped me!
6) Remove short
7) Plug in USB cable
Erase entire nand using the command: 
nandpro usb: -e16 0 400

Some threads say shorting pins 44-47 instead, so which one is correct?

Looks like your solder joints are crappy.. annnd you are missing a wire...

nandx_slim.jpg

Thanks for the reply. 

Well as I said I soldered the GND to somewhere else. 

The joints are not good looking but they do the job very well. 

Always like that shiny never had problem.

8 hours ago, rampage said:

Thanks for the reply. 

Well as I said I soldered the GND to somewhere else. 

The joints are not good looking but they do the job very well. 

Always like that shiny never had problem.

1st, the ground in the picture I posted is in j2c1, top right, you have a wire soldered there.. not somewhere else.. wtf..

Also, you are missing the 3rd wire on left side of j2c1.. 

Seriously.. look at the nandx install pix.. You will realize your error.. or not..

2mwicdi.png

5 minutes ago, felida said:

1st, the ground in the picture I posted is in j2c1, top right, you have a wire soldered there.. not somewhere else.. wtf..

Also, you are missing the 3rd wire on left side of j2c1.. 

Seriously.. look at the nandx install pix.. You will realize your error.. or not..

2mwicdi.png

Seriously man, I appreciate your help.

However, it seems though you know how to do nand reading, but you never understand it.

You think the top right black spot is GND, and I have a wire soldered there, you are wrong. 

The top right black spot is MOSI not GND.

wtf.png.561cf547b0500e869ff91c4a826c760e.png

Sorry Team Xecuter misguided you with the black color, black color is not always GND, remember this please.

And let me give you a better guide:

wtf2.png.6538cee581b71027d61ed2eb1fb2b414.png

1 is MOSI not GND.

I hope you save this image onto your computer and remember it. 

One more thing, don't use wtf here wtf there, it only makes you look like a fool with low intelligence. 

11 minutes ago, rampage said:

Seriously man, I appreciate your help.

1 is MOSI not GND.

One more thing, don't use wtf here wtf there, it only makes you look like a fool with low intelligence. 

1. yes i was wrong in thinking it was ground.. duh.. lmfao.. being phone doesnt allow for much in copy/pasting lol..

2. i'll use a fucking acronym wtf ever i want.. what the f, where the f i please.. lmao

EDIT: im not mad at your comment.. am tired as hell.. been flipping thru code for a while now.. hence the short typing and stuff lmao

1 hour ago, rampage said:

I appreciate your help man, just am thinking what would be the problem or solution 😏

Ok, so I don't know why you bridge the pins.. But let's try at this another way:

Did the console boot before? Or no?

Similar posts seem to show that the error happens when some wiring is messed up.. like a bad trace.. id start there..

Yes it boot before. It might be bad trace, I'll try using the backside points/alternative points. 

Ok, the problem is pretty simple:

The R3B15 resistor on the STBY_CLK line near the HANA chip has blown up. 

It should be 33 ohm but measuring up to 4.6M ohm. 

Haven't touched it or the CLK point yet beofre, don't know why it's so easy to blown up this one. 

The fix is either replace this resistor at its original position or parallel. 

Or here's another easy fix on the bottom side I used:

https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/88489-TuT-Alternate-STBY_CLK-Install-STBY_CLK-Fix-for-Slim-and-Phats-(Noob-Friendly)

After the  R3B15 resistor fix, NandPro is happy dumping now.

I came across this idea by knowing the console would beep/ping once and no sign of further life if the STBY_CLK line has problem, either lifted pad/trace or the resistor has died. https://team-xecuter.com/forums/threads/151133-X360S-Trinity-beep-but-no-boot-HANA-horror-(NO-RGH)