RealModScene
Dam native Nz

Jtagged/RGH'd 2tb internal upgrade & something else

Hay guys & gals. Just wondering what type of 2tb 2.5 sata internal you guys have or are using & am I able to use any type of 2tb 2.5 sata hard drive or is there a specific rating of the 2.5 2tb i should be buying before i go & buy a hdd & find out it's not compatible with my 360s

Has anyone on here ever tried soldering a hdd sata to the front memory ports of the fat 360 where the old memory units go if you did not own an internal hdd at the time to read a 2tb drive. As I'm thinking of doing this to add more internal space & take out dvd drive. I know I can solder up a sata to the usb ports but just want to know if someone has done this. As I know eventually I would use these usb ports for other stuff & have to install a switch to these to turn off the internal hdd to be able to use the x3 usb ports. Depending on witch usb port I solder too.

It's because I have a spaghetti junction of external hdd plugged into all my consoles & I'm just want to limit the mess & it will be more convenient for me. Plus I don't want to go the pc case way & just keep my collection all about the 360s. Thanks

Sorry for the mess & big post guys.

Internal drives only format to 2 TB, so any thing over that is pointless. Any 2 TB drive will work. As for the memory card slot, I have never heard of anyone turning it into a usb port, but it may be possible. The internal sata port for the dvd wont work with hdds, so removing the drive is pointless, unless you are going to mount a pc drive in there.

• Thanks 1

I am not sure about the memory cards, but they might be low voltage(3v3) usb ports. If the data lines are there, you can source power from somewhere else on the board, and it might work.

• Thanks 1

Hay thanks for the replies guys. After alot of Google reading & searching, testing 

Ive just found that not just any 2.5 sata hard drive plugged in as an internal will format with your xbox 360. So I went with just a 2tb WD Blue 2.5 sata & it formatted perfectly with my jtag/rgh & reads hdd fine. With out me pulling apart & formatting hdd with My pc the old way.lol

Any 2tb drive will format as an external hdd I have just noticed when trying out all my 2tb external drives

SO I JUST GAVE MEMORY SLOTS AGO

I have soldered x2 sata plugs to both memory slots under motherboard & got power from a few source's including the dvddrive added one switch just so I can switch drives off just in case jtag decides to not want to boot. I formatted x2 2tb 2.5 seagate external drives with the xbox 360 but I'm going to use these as INTERNAL drives as well & these boot up perfectly well with original internal hdd when powered on. These drives did not work the first time I booted console. it had me stumped for a day. Then I realised that my L.E.D set up taken up too much power so i just pulled them out.haha Then all x3 HDDs booted as internals so I still have x3 usb ports free now.

So now I haven't done this yet but I'm going to rip apart one of my phat RROD'd 360s & use the disc drive case to hold & store my x2 seagate externals as an internal some how lol that's the plan just stuff them in there. & I'm going to run the disc drive plugs behind console but as inputs So I can use my disc drive as an external plug & play

I'm just sick of having alot of external drives plugged in to one console. Now everything will be in one console once I'm done with this. & everything I love will show up on AURORA

On 6/4/2018 at 10:21 PM, Dam native Nz said:

So now I haven't done this yet but I'm going to rip apart one of my phat RROD'd 360s & use the disc drive case to hold & store my x2 seagate externals as an internal some how.

you might want to beef up your powersupply your xbox was not designed to run 3 internal drives, The kinetc required an external adaptor on the phat consoles as it went over the power requirements of the xbox, if you could get a hold of a 213w dev powersupply for your console and it might help.

• Thanks 1