RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheCodeMan

MultiDisc Games

I know that running multidisc games has been covered many times in the forum. My question is has anyone run across a list or is there anyone working on identifying the multidisc games and what method of install to use? 

I understand there are several methods depending on the type of game, SP or MP, install and play disc, or game that spans multiple discs. It would be nice if someone had already gone to the trouble to compile a compatibility list. If not, I guess I'll start working on one. 

Based on the number of multidisc threads, I think this would be useful info so people don't have to reinvent the wheel. 

27 minutes ago, TheCodeMan said:

I know that running multidisc games has been covered many times in the forum. My question is has anyone run across a list or is there anyone working on identifying the multidisc games and what method of install to use? 

I understand there are several methods depending on the type of game, SP or MP, install and play disc, or game that spans multiple discs. It would be nice if someone had already gone to the trouble to compile a compatibility list. If not, I guess I'll start working on one. 

Based on the number of multidisc threads, I think this would be useful info so people don't have to reinvent the wheel. 

But you are trying to re-invent the wheel.. there is no easier way to do it, having a list is wasteful in time and effort, due to you "SHOULD" have the intelligence to look at the discs, iso or physical, and know what to do with it.. 

Perhaps you can shed some more light on this? If you have just the iso, how can you identify what type of game? Are you talking about extracting the iso and using the structure to make this determination?

10 minutes ago, TheCodeMan said:

Perhaps you can shed some more light on this? If you have just the iso, how can you identify what type of game? Are you talking about extracting the iso and using the structure to make this determination?

open the iso with xboximgbrowser.. and look at the contents.. if it has a content folder and not setup like a regular game, then you know what to do with it.. 

there are only like 5 games, blue dragon, ff13.. that can be extracted and plumped together, dropping the total file size of 3-4 discs down to 9GB.. this is because animations such as spells and summons are identical.. the only differences would be text and smaller things.. this is why ff7 was able to be played on any disc.. 

Forgive me but I'm new to the JTAG/RGH scene. What does the content folder tell you? Are you saying if the discs have content folders, they can be grouped together? What about difference between SP and MP discs, treat them as separate games? How can you determine this from just an iso? How about an install disc vs play disc? Again, how can you tell from just the iso?

10 minutes ago, TheCodeMan said:

Forgive me but I'm new to the JTAG/RGH scene. What does the content folder tell you? Are you saying if the discs have content folders, they can be grouped together? What about difference between SP and MP discs, treat them as separate games? How can you determine this from just an iso? How about an install disc vs play disc? Again, how can you tell from just the iso?

install discs usually have a content folder.. 

Content\0000000000000000\TitleID\

this tells you it installs those files and where.. you just take out those files and place them where they need to go..

MP discs you do not need, as you CAN NOT play multiplayer like on live (assassins creed black flag) 

but again, there is ONLY a TINY bit of games that are split like this.. a single player/multiplayer disc..

as for the install/play.. you either have to look at disc contents, OR the physical disc.. which is ALWAYS the preferred way.. as we do not condone piracy here.. so look at your disc..