RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
BenMitnicK

Transfer original skin on devkit but error illegal filename

I want to transfer original skin "Aurora 0.7b" for make my skin but I encountered the error with PNG files in image folder "Illegal filename" maybe the name is too long but I don't found solution on the web. Thanks for your help

14 minutes ago, BenMitnicK said:

I want to transfer original skin "Aurora 0.7b" for make my skin but I encountered the error with PNG files in image folder "Illegal filename" maybe the name is too long but I don't found solution on the web. Thanks for your help

Thats because the limits of the 360 is 42 characters.. there are filenames waaaay longer.. the original skin should be in xzp format, 

Default.xzp

So why you are encountering this error when it shouldnt happen.. how are u doing it?

4 minutes ago, felida said:

Thats because the limits of the 360 is 42 characters.. there are filenames waaaay longer.. the original skin should be in xzp format, 

Default.xzp

So why you are encountering this error when it shouldnt happen.. how are u doing it?

yes I agree with you, the error I have because I transfer the directory of the unzipped skin to make my own skin but quickly, I do not want to compress every time xzp transfer etc .. .. I want to edit the files and to transfer them and then test it when it's good I compile everything

PS: Sorry for my bad english

9 minutes ago, BenMitnicK said:

yes I agree with you, the error I have because I transfer the directory of the unzipped skin to make my own skin but quickly, I do not want to compress every time xzp transfer etc .. .. I want to edit the files and to transfer them and then test it when it's good I compile everything

PS: Sorry for my bad english

Cant.. have to compact and send.. reload aurora.. only way

4 minutes ago, felida said:

Cant.. have to compact and send.. reload aurora.. only way

:wacko: ok thx for your reply .... I look your videos tutorials first before I start :rolleyes:

The best way i use is unpack the file, the i have worked into all parts i want to do at this point, the i have edited some parts, but i have experienced some issues due some tutorials dismiss some information and now when i have done all and see how it works i can tell is too easy to do.

Maybe your files if i understood experiment problems within your OS, due some partitions or type of them, some of them restricts usage of chars at a max like 16 or less maybe 32 at least, but if xbox allows 36 to 42 the best way to work on it is with some Operative System that allows you to use max chars at least 42 :)

What OS do you have ?

What version of it ?

3 minutes ago, Whiteneo said:

The best way i use is unpack the file, the i have worked into all parts i want to do at this point, the i have edited some parts, but i have experienced some issues due some tutorials dismiss some information and now when i have done all and see how it works i can tell is too easy to do.

Maybe your files if i understood experiment problems within your OS, due some partitions or type of them, some of them restricts usage of chars at a max like 16 or less maybe 32 at least, but if xbox allows 36 to 42 the best way to work on it is with some Operative System that allows you to use max chars at least 42 :)

What OS do you have ?

What version of it ?

The xbox 360 has a character limit of 42

If the file is on disc, GoD, or compressed(.xzp), then this is bypassed

@felida i thik he is talkig about their Operative System, i have seen that error before when i use some partition or OS that allows you only 16 chars for file names :)

All works fine into xbox 360 and into some OS at least on my side all goes like a charm but i have seen that error before even with some special chars due some operative system restrictions specially when i have used some Windows Versions, that's why i have asked for it, because if he decompress their xzp file and try it to edit then id he change filenames he have to edit skin.xur file to add new paths or any part of files who have asked for that image files.

Some image editors have some restrictions in filenames either by the way :) So it is important to do the job as is to do not experience problems at skin tests :)

3 minutes ago, Whiteneo said:

@felida i thik he is talkig about their Operative System, i have seen that error before when i use some partition or OS that allows you only 16 chars for file names :)

All works fine into xbox 360 and into some OS at least on my side all goes like a charm but i have seen that error before even with some special chars due some operative system restrictions specially when i have used some Windows Versions, that's why i have asked for it, because if he decompress their xzp file and try it to edit then id he change filenames he have to edit skin.xur file to add new paths or any part of files who have asked for that image files.

Some image editors have some restrictions in filenames either by the way :) So it is important to do the job as is to do not experience problems at skin tests :)

Only the images have filenames i do believe.. and op can use xzp tool to replace the xurs and add stuff they want.. there is a bypass for their char limits

hi guys , i got a question. i dont know if its offtopic or not.... im trying to add xma to aurora_main in default aurora´s 0.7b skin  just i did before with xuitool but  i got only "error loading skin file "  when i try to mod it ( it happens with aurora_skin too. what can i do? i got xdk, visual basic , net framework, visual studio, well , all the software needed to mod skins installed.

34 minutes ago, Eruil said:

hi guys , i got a question. i dont know if its offtopic or not.... im trying to add xma to aurora_main in default aurora´s 0.7b skin  just i did before with xuitool but  i got only "error loading skin file "  when i try to mod it ( it happens with aurora_skin too. what can i do? i got xdk, visual basic , net framework, visual studio, well , all the software needed to mod skins installed.

You need the extension found on the site

1 minute ago, Eruil said:

xui extensions right?, ive already  done it mate

I cant bring up the link on my phone, but you need the new custom ones released with 0.7b 

8 hours ago, Eruil said:

thanks dude i found AuroraElements (XUI Extensions).rar for 0.7b   in http://phoenix.xboxunity.net/#/news ( i think its the same that you wrote about before) ). worked like a charm . love ya ;D 

Yeah thats it, lol.. some reason i get redirected back to rms when loading the link on phone.. probably due to no mobile format.. but yeah np mate