Jump to content
RealModScene
Babiz Buffer Overflow

High contrast skin by default. PLEASE!

Recommended Posts

Hello Team Phoenix, I write this because the default skin for Aurora is really "poor" in terms of visual accessibility.

Some folks with eye problem like me, get harder to use some stuffs like filemanager etc , when contrast of elements is very bad or similar..

I like to see much darker skin color (dark green, dark grey, black and white for example) and high contrast text elements for default skin.

I hope some dev team get this as important thing to do :D

Also I tryed to made changhes to default skin, unpacked it and modifyed some PNG's colors from light green to dark green, but I'm fail to apply this changes because I'd not know, just repack it with xzp tool v2 but Aurora hanghs on boot (with black screen) when it applied, after restarting.

Maybe windows paint is not good to change skin UI colors? ;( boh.

I'm not figure it out. Why is needed for symply change elements color at now.

Anyway thank so much for you work on this really great project!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Babiz Buffer Overflow said:

Hello Team Phoenix, I write this because the default skin for Aurora is really "poor" in terms of visual accessibility.

Some folks with eye problem like me, get harder to use some stuffs like filemanager etc , when contrast of elements is very bad or similar..

I like to see much darker skin color (dark green, dark grey, black and white for example) and high contrast text elements for default skin.

I hope some dev team get this as important thing to do :D

Also I tryed to made changhes to default skin, unpacked it and modifyed some PNG's colors from light green to dark green, but I'm fail to apply this changes because I'd not know, just repack it with xzp tool v2 but Aurora hanghs on boot (with black screen) when it applied, after restarting.

Maybe windows paint is not good to change skin UI colors? ;( boh.

I'm not figure it out. Why is needed for symply change elements color at now.

Anyway thank so much for you work on this really great project!

Skin changes can be tedious.. there are some, like steam os, that use a darker color scheme.. check out the skin section.. i am currently working on a skin myself, but it is more of a lighter skin.. without the bright colors

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, felida said:

Skin changes can be tedious.. there are some, like steam os, that use a darker color scheme.. check out the skin section.. i am currently working on a skin myself, but it is more of a lighter skin.. without the bright colors

Yes I agree this, many skinners made great work but because new 0.7b is pop out, previous skins are unavailable for now and that's why I proposed a better standard interface of the elements (which are easily readable even by people with visual difficulties)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Babiz Buffer Overflow said:

Yes I agree this, many skinners made great work but because new 0.7b is pop out, previous skins are unavailable for now and that's why I proposed a better standard interface of the elements (which are easily readable even by people with visual difficulties)

Just wait a couple of more days.. if anything, ill redo steam os if mknorton doesnt nock it out.. i am currently working on a more "fluid/fluent" type skin as per request, and with my own spin on it.. 

But, as far as a "default" setting, i doubt it mate, no offense.. as it does take a while to change every frame.. thats why the skinners have to step up lol..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, felida said:

Just wait a couple of more days.. if anything, ill redo steam os if mknorton doesnt nock it out.. i am currently working on a more "fluid/fluent" type skin as per request, and with my own spin on it.. 

But, as far as a "default" setting, i doubt it mate, no offense.. as it does take a while to change every frame.. thats why the skinners have to step up lol..

 

🙂 I thank you for your interest. the world would be a better place with people like you. Goodbye!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×