RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
professor_jonny

Local System link with multiple rgh consoles

Hi

I tried to set up a lan party at home between the kids but I could not get it to work.

Do I have to disable the nova/ link feature to do this, or is there any other special requirments?

Do I have to have one retail console connected to live or something ?

Unload Nova, or disable link, and it will work for local system link. Maybe in a future version, there will be a room in the link area of nova for local system link, but for now, this is what you have to do. 

I just unticked the link box in nova/link. in each console but I could not manage to get it to work, I checked everyone was on the same title updates as each console and that the wifi members are not isolated was working with link (online) previously with 0.6 on each console.

One console is on the new 0.7 and all the rest are on 0.6  I guess this does not matter as long as it is disabled?

I'm guessing I don't need to open ports or use port triggering with local link?

But yes it would be cool if we could do local and internet based system link without modifying things too much.

I was trying to get it working as our internet has run out of cap (4g rural) as we usually do it with link (online)

5 minutes ago, professor_jonny said:

I just unticked the link box in nova/link. in each console but I could not manage to get it to work, I checked everyone was on the same title updates as each console and that the wifi members are not isolated was working with link (online) previously with 0.6 on each console.

One console is on the new 0.7 and all the rest are on 0.6  I guess this does not matter as long as it is disabled?

I'm guessing I don't need to open ports or use port triggering with local link?

But yes it would be cool if we could do local and internet based system link without modifying things too much.

I was trying to get it working as our internet has run out of cap (4g rural) as we usually do it with link (online)

System link is game specific, has nothing to do with aurora once u disable nova/link..

Is all your consoles connected via wifi? Or wired? Or mixed?

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 9:49 AM, felida said:

System link is game specific, has nothing to do with aurora once u disable nova/link..

Is all your consoles connected via wifi? Or wired? Or mixed?

Felida

I have a mixed setup because of the topology of my house, All the consoles are connected to one router one console is wired and the other two are via wifi.

All consoles go on link as they are if I enable link surprising enough as I am behind a Double NAT from my ISP as I'm on a 4g connection.

Without any other modification If I disable link none of the consoles can see link (which I expect) but they also cant see each other.

I have tried hosting on each console.

I have not tried with a crossover cable direct between two consoles but I may try that next but it is suggested I can use a router or switch with up to 16 consoles at once (game dependant)

I have also only tried one game (COD ghosts) but I may try another.

cheers jono

28 minutes ago, professor_jonny said:

Felida

I have a mixed setup because of the topology of my house, All the consoles are connected to one router one console is wired and the other two are via wifi.

All consoles go on link as they are if I enable link surprising enough as I am behind a Double NAT from my ISP as I'm on a 4g connection.

Without any other modification If I disable link none of the consoles can see link (which I expect) but they also cant see each other.

I have tried hosting on each console.

I have not tried with a crossover cable direct between two consoles but I may try that next but it is suggested I can use a router or switch with up to 16 consoles at once (game dependant)

I have also only tried one game (COD ghosts) but I may try another.

cheers jono

You can not mix connections.. they ALL have to be wired, or ALL wifi.. and you dont even need a router, setup adhoc connection on one with wifi, and the other wifi one will connect just fine, the 2 wifi consoles will connect just fine with your router.. you may need a router that supports upnp and disable port forwarding.. but that can be skipped by creating an adhoc connection on one console and letting the others connect. 

That is the solution to your problem..

9 hours ago, felida said:

You can not mix connections.. they ALL have to be wired, or ALL wifi.

Last time I checked, that isnt how networks are generally set up. It should work with consoles using wifi and/or ethernet, or a mix thereof as long as they are in the same subnet. Link creates a VPN connection to the server, and forwards system link to there, so all of the consoles on link are technically on the same network. As to why the op is having issues, all I can say is that is hard to say while knowing absolutely nothing about your network setup, which I wouldnt want you to post on a public forum.

Just now, gavin_darkglider said:

Last time I checked, that isnt how networks are generally set up. It should work with consoles using wifi and/or ethernet, or a mix thereof as long as they are in the same subnet. Link creates a VPN connection to the server, and forwards system link to there, so all of the consoles on link are technically on the same network. As to why the op is having issues, all I can say is that is hard to say while knowing absolutely nothing about your network setup, which I wouldnt want you to post on a public forum.

Regular LAN parties, aka without LiNK, you can not mix the connections.. the hell if i know why haha.. m$ even tells you that u cant.. 

Screenshot_20180518-112606.png

• Thanks 1

As soon as I created an adhock network or plugged them in with lan it all just  worked, but it wont work with our house setup

one is wired to the main router the other is wifi to a router wired to the main router and the other is wifi to the main router.

so it all works but it definatly does not liked mixed connections.

Ill add a request to addlocal lan partys to linkso we could possibly use mixed networks ?

it does say you cant have mixed networks which seems silly.

17 minutes ago, professor_jonny said:

As soon as I created an adhock network or plugged them in with lan it all just  worked, but it wont work with our house setup

one is wired to the main router the other is wifi to a router wired to the main router and the other is wifi to the main router.

so it all works but it definatly does not liked mixed connections.

Ill add a request to addlocal lan partys to linkso we could possibly use mixed networks ?

it does say you cant have mixed networks which seems silly.

i dont know why it is like that.. haha.. but it is a console restriction

• Thanks 1