RealModScene
felida

Skin ideas

You are the expert! I have faith in you :) 

You may want to check the latest Groove Music for some reference. However I'm sure you already notice that.

Don't worry. We will support and push you.:popo:

12 hours ago, felida said:

Yes, right now its a beta skin tho.. lol.. just something i whipped together.. feel free to give your input

ok thanks

8 hours ago, xhost said:

a skin similar to xbox 360 nxe dash.. to look like the original 

That is easily done now with tabbed scenes mate..

being able to change the background color of the tabs would be something incriver to be added
I have several ideas in my head.

if you can create something we can choose the background colors would be cool
03.png?1526576450

if something like that were added it would make me very happy

05.png?1526576527

this is just my idea to contribute, it is free to be discarded if it is not to everyone's liking
I'm happy to be able to give my idea. :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, rubensyama said:

being able to change the background color of the tabs would be something incriver to be added
I have several ideas in my head.

if you can create something we can choose the background colors would be cool
03.png?1526576450

if something like that were added it would make me very happy

05.png?1526576527

this is just my idea to contribute, it is free to be discarded if it is not to everyone's liking
I'm happy to be able to give my idea. :)

That would have to be hard coded within aurora, i do like the idea.. but not something i can do lol.. there is limited functions you can do with just a skin.. 

Now, an easy way to explain this, is have either a blank space, and have the color changed based on values, or have multiple aurora_skin.xur, and have the function call to use a different skin to change color schemes.. 

Easiest to explain this like the quick view filters.. the default is show all, once u chose a different setting, like xbla, then something is triggered to only show those specific titles.. this would be the same way for a color picker.. which would require alot of code to be done.. and alot of work to be done to the default skin to take out all their colors and stuff, so they will work with the new choices.. 

• Thanks 1

I'm glad that my ideas can be debated.
I see that it is already available for skins the full avatar on Aurora 0.7b, it would be brightness to my eyes to see my avatar alive again

I'm letting one more idea get absorbed by the community

the avatar would be something very loving in my eyes every time I went to play
maybe my ideas are not possible for now but who knows in the near future we can see these and other ideas applied in Aurora
:)

88.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, rubensyama said:

I'm glad that my ideas can be debated.
I see that it is already available for skins the full avatar on Aurora 0.7b, it would be brightness to my eyes to see my avatar alive again

I'm letting one more idea get absorbed by the community

the avatar would be something very loving in my eyes every time I went to play
maybe my ideas are not possible for now but who knows in the near future we can see these and other ideas applied in Aurora
:) 

They avatar is viewable in the default skin mate, press B for view options, go to display, tick "avatar as profile picture" option.. you'll see it on main screen.. now if u mean a bigger avatar and such.. then yeah.. that is easily done

• Like 1

I wanted to say not only show the face of the avatar and yes its entire body as base upei a photo of my idea above So the avatar gifts you choose will be shown in my Aurora home next to the avatar :robo:

1 hour ago, felida said:

That would have to be hard coded within aurora, i do like the idea.. but not something i can do lol.. there is limited functions you can do with just a skin.. 

Now, an easy way to explain this, is have either a blank space, and have the color changed based on values, or have multiple aurora_skin.xur, and have the function call to use a different skin to change color schemes.. 

Easiest to explain this like the quick view filters.. the default is show all, once u chose a different setting, like xbla, then something is triggered to only show those specific titles.. this would be the same way for a color picker.. which would require alot of code to be done.. and alot of work to be done to the default skin to take out all their colors and stuff, so they will work with the new choices.. 

Actually, being able to do something like this might be possible in the next couple of versions of aurora. I believe in the future there is a plan to be able to add LUA based widgets to aurora. If these can be included in the skin xzp, and can interact with the aurora_skin.xui you could potentially add a color wheel, and end up with something interesting. lol. Not making any promises though, as I do not know how this is being planned on being implemented, or if it will be in 0.8 or later. I will say this, Aurora is getting to a point where you could actually recreate the whole design of the interface, and have it still be completely usable.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Actually, being able to do something like this might be possible in the next couple of versions of aurora. I believe in the future there is a plan to be able to add LUA based widgets to aurora. If these can be included in the skin xzp, and can interact with the aurora_skin.xui you could potentially add a color wheel, and end up with something interesting. lol. Not making any promises though, as I do not know how this is being planned on being implemented, or if it will be in 0.8 or later. I will say this, Aurora is getting to a point where you could actually recreate the whole design of the interface, and have it still be completely usable.

not entirely.. i DID notice they changed the functions of buttons.. they arent NAV buttons like they were in 0.6.. but this could be for the better.. lol.

the problem with skins, are they are packed.. if we did extracted skins, then something might able to be done, but for right now, we cant access stuff on the fly like with the hud.. and we cant access folders outside of the compressed skin.. so there is that as well.. which puts a nail in coffin for making a color wheel that interacts with the skin.xui.. 

edit: we cant unpack/repack skins on the fly.. afaik lol.. so this is a hinder on the idea for now

İ was thinking of that too. İf we know the ID of some Elements and grab them in the fly we could change stuff, but its limited, like text size and color only.

Didn't test the skin tho.

1 minute ago, saywaking said:

İ was thinking of that too. İf we know the ID of some Elements and grab them in the fly we could change stuff, but its limited, like text size and color only.

Didn't test the skin tho.

even then you are limited to reloading the .xur/.xui.. to force the changes lol.. they dont change automatically on the fly

5 hours ago, felida said:

That is easily done now with tabbed scenes mate..

can you start to make another skin??   i would really like to see a skin similar to nxe :) to keep it more like the original metroxonev6023.jpg

Edited by xhost
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, xhost said:

can you start to make another skin??   i would really like to see a skin similar to nxe :) to keep it more like the original metroxonev6023.jpg

that will be my next skin, yes.. as i have some ideas how to do this.. lol.. BUT.. i might be limited on it.. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rubensyama said:

I wanted to say not only show the face of the avatar and yes its entire body as base upei a photo of my idea above So the avatar gifts you choose will be shown in my Aurora home next to the avatar :robo:

14vtsg8.jpg

Like this somewhat?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

wow, this post becomes hot.

some elements for your reference. but you can do whatever you want. I don't want this to limit your creative design:)

1. Setting Tabs from win 10 for your reference of design that of aurora. (Left and Right)

s1.thumb.PNG.e71f3052caced42d1e057f3393d2efe4.PNG

s2.thumb.PNG.e8e4c2c203819f9d068f3b2e42533c8e.PNG

2. interface of xbox one design (dark and bright)

s3.thumb.jpg.2811c10500dab63dbe1cc0243017cb72.jpg

s4.thumb.jpg.eaaa0f9107f9ee714c3dcbb9e5db7f78.jpg

3. others.

s5.thumb.png.62e5b6e43debbe0e39ae9dda5246dfca.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, freebumblebee said:

wow, this post becomes hot.

some elements for your reference. but you can do whatever you want. I don't want this to limit your creative design:)

Hide contents

1. Setting Tabs from win 10 for your reference of design that of aurora. (Left and Right)

s1.thumb.PNG.e71f3052caced42d1e057f3393d2efe4.PNG

s2.thumb.PNG.e8e4c2c203819f9d068f3b2e42533c8e.PNG

2. interface of xbox one design (dark and bright)

s3.thumb.jpg.2811c10500dab63dbe1cc0243017cb72.jpg

s4.thumb.jpg.eaaa0f9107f9ee714c3dcbb9e5db7f78.jpg

3. others.

s5.thumb.png.62e5b6e43debbe0e39ae9dda5246dfca.png

I get what you are asking lol.. im working on it.. gotta get stuff setup, while working on real life stuff..

1 minute ago, freebumblebee said:

now I know your avatar :)

Keep going, young man, lol~

ha im 32 actually.. lmfao.. avatar is from my devkit.. as i dont have an RGH right now lmfao.. 

8 hours ago, freebumblebee said:

now I know your avatar :)

Keep going, young man, lol~

ok, so a little sample of what i fixed/working on lol.. will do more soon..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, freebumblebee said:

Hopefully the commutation will provide you with more materials to save you some time instead of sitting and eat water melon just like me :gathering: 

some links:

https://fluentcolors.com/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/design/icons

https://www.axialis.com/icongenerator/stock-icons/fluent-pro/

The main problem is finding each and every color spot and changing them, haha.. even if i want to keep those colors.. if not, got to rework every point again haha.. but more drastic changes like icons and menu transitions will be easier.. lol.. 

Im thinking of having all the menus come out from the option you choose. Or keep it simple and just have it dissapear into bottom left corner.. haha..