RealModScene
felida

Skin ideas

ok, so i am asking the community for skin ideas, such as better animated menus, skins, sounds, colors, ect.

what would you guys like to see in a new skin??

İ would like to see skins with really speeded up transitions. İ find it somehow too long to take an overlay to appear. Not only overlays tho. Also a good fade in/out effect. But the fps should be high so it could feel just smooth, smoother than a smoothie, as if the xbox is just so fast and responsive.

2 minutes ago, saywaking said:

İ would like to see skins with really speeded up transitions. İ find it somehow too long to take an overlay to appear. Not only overlays tho. Also a good fade in/out effect. But the fps should be high so it could feel just smooth, smoother than a smoothie, as if the xbox is just so fast and responsive.

that is actually easily done lol.. i was already thinking of that myself too.. lol.. its not really the fact of how fast it can be, as it can be instantaneous lol, just default is how they wanted to do the transitions.. but will do lol.. 

İ wanted to do it already but i dint find the time. İ find it simple too but it just makes a huge difference in feeling the UI, and you reach your goal faster. I thought about the speed of zooming in the cover flow with the analog stick.

And it shouldt be a constant speed tho. Linke said, fading in but with ease in/out stuff if you know what i mean.

4 minutes ago, saywaking said:

İ wanted to do it already but i dint find the time. İ find it simple too but it just makes a huge difference in feeling the UI, and you reach your goal faster. I thought about the speed of zooming in the cover flow with the analog stick.

And it shouldt be a constant speed tho. Linke said, fading in but with ease in/out stuff if you know what i mean.

well i am asking for ideas.. i'd do a poll with features haha.. but faster animations in the menus is a good start lol

just need an idea about color scheme lol.. as im too lazy to chose..

3 hours ago, felida said:

just need an idea about color scheme lol.. as im too lazy to chose..

A skin with a color picker in the settings would be cool, so I can stop doing my Metro Colors variants 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mrknorton said:

A skin with a color picker in the settings would be cool, so I can stop doing my Metro Colors variants 

lol.. pretty sure that would be a hardcode thing lol.. 

edit: maybe... hermm.. i think i have an idea now lol

3 hours ago, mrknorton said:

Somehow FSD was able to change the background image of the tiles

that is because FSD was coded with those options mate.. aurora isnt coded like that lol.. atleast nothing yet, nor do i think it will, as to how the skins are.. unless they code in an override to the skin.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, freebumblebee said:

How about Microsoft's Fluent Design?

yeah i'll do something like that.. lol.. am kinda digging the whole feel.. just alot of stuff to do.. so am working on it..

• Like 1

Glad to know you will do it in person.

yepp, it's a big system.

if this happens, Aurora users can be far earlier than Xbox Next Gen in UI experience :)

Fluent Design: Evolving our Design System : Build 2018

Not sure if it’s possible but a skin where the background images are shuffled either through time or per so many boots. Yes I know you can change it manually but I like the idea of being surprised, not knowing what’s going to come next. Would be nice if you could fill the background folder with amazing images and have them applied randomly.

2 hours ago, shaun said:

Not sure if it’s possible but a skin where the background images are shuffled either through time or per so many boots. Yes I know you can change it manually but I like the idea of being surprised, not knowing what’s going to come next. Would be nice if you could fill the background folder with amazing images and have them applied randomly.

Shuffling images are already done lol.. begal made a tut i think.. or a skin with it

Found it. I do apologise, I hate it when people post without searching the forums so I feel stupid now. I’ve never posted before because literally EVERY issue or problem I have encountered is in a guide on this site somewhere. 

I’ve read through a lot of the skin threads and just never seen this. Going to give it a go tonight, thanks. 

On 5/15/2018 at 12:48 PM, saywaking said:

On 5/15/2018 at 4:34 PM, freebumblebee said:

How about Microsoft's Fluent Design?

https://mega.nz/#!3FxxQQJB!VZqszuR7IgpypBattZetntWuAF28lh005At60JS_5T8

give this skin a test.. 80% of it is done.. lol.. 

not complete - colors/menu setups/misc..

edit: also, the quickview setup has been changed, you now press right thumbstick to bring up that option, go ahead and press the shoulder buttons and see something new xD

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/15/2018 at 5:28 PM, felida said:

ok, so i am asking the community for skin ideas, such as better animated menus, skins, sounds, colors, ect.

what would you guys like to see in a new skin??

Fluidity .xzp aurora 0.7?

21 minutes ago, crisdotti said:

Fluidity .xzp aurora 0.7?

Yes, right now its a beta skin tho.. lol.. just something i whipped together.. feel free to give your input

24 minutes ago, alexsoto said:

este skins es para aurora 07.b fluidez .xpz

Yesit is for aurora 0.7b

Like your developing manner :) 

Step by step and trial version lead to continuous fun and surprise.  

Can't wait to see a little transparent effect added.

Looking forward to alpha, beta, v1.0 v2.0 ... light version, dark version, color version...:)

Yepp, I'm greedy.

As Fluent Design System involve a lot of details, it's a difficult job to make it nice.

Thank you for making the skin for us.

However, no pressure. Just for fun. 

24 minutes ago, freebumblebee said:

Like your developing manner :) 

Step by step and trial version lead to continuous fun and surprise.  

Can't wait to see a little transparent effect added.

Looking forward to alpha, beta, v1.0 v2.0 ... light version, dark version, color version...:)

Yepp, I'm greedy.

As Fluent Design System involve a lot of details, it's a difficult job to make it nice.

Thank you for making the skin for us.

However, no pressure. Just for fun. 

21 minutes ago, freebumblebee said:

I have notice the shadows effect you added~

Yeah, gonna work on that.. just placed it there so i know what to tweak.. there is alot of animations to map out.. i went with something easy atm.. kinda fluid and what not, i also need to do the music tab up better.. redo the qv animations to a metro/fluid-esque type thing.. but, I've got enough done to place it out into the world and get feedback.. lol.. as yeah everything im kinda being lazy to chose.. and would like help from community on ideas..