RealModScene
dimonik

NetISO

5 hours ago, dimonik said:

How it works on Aurora 0.7b?

It works by hooking the DVD rom drive handle in XAM, and redirecting it to a server that streams ISO files. That is the basics. lol.

On 5/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

It works by hooking the DVD rom drive handle in XAM, and redirecting it to a server that streams ISO files. That is the basics. lol.

wouldn't that be kinda illegal or grey area? and then that with a connection to this forum.

57 minutes ago, killigeo said:

wouldn't that be kinda illegal or grey area? and then that with a connection to this forum.

It's about as illegal as Aurora or FSD, it all depends on how you use it, if you make your own backup copies in the ISO format, it's not illegal to use NET Iso in most countries... but if you use pirated versions, it is, just the same as if you make a backup copy of a game to your HDD and play it from there with Aurora, it's a similar thing...

2 minutes ago, Swizzy said:

It's about as illegal as Aurora or FSD, it all depends on how you use it, if you make your own backup copies in the ISO format, it's not illegal to use NET Iso in most countries... but if you use pirated versions, it is, just the same as if you make a backup copy of a game to your HDD and play it from there with Aurora, it's a similar thing...

But there would defintel be a higher risk of it to be put down because people are for sure going to be using i for pirated copies.. And it happens regularly that servers/websites are being put down because it contains illegal content..

2 hours ago, killigeo said:

But there would defintel be a higher risk of it to be put down because people are for sure going to be using i for pirated copies.. And it happens regularly that servers/websites are being put down because it contains illegal content..

What you do with the ability is on you.. we do not promote piracy here.. and anyone who does will be banned for it..

On 6/12/2018 at 2:45 PM, killigeo said:

Hasn't happened for Aurora, why would it happen for NetISO?

On 6/16/2018 at 7:21 AM, Swizzy said:

Hasn't happened for Aurora, why would it happen for NetISO?

eh i was just curious. i thought Netiso was going to be service provided by you guys.

18 minutes ago, killigeo said:

eh i was just curious. i thought Netiso was going to be service provided by you guys.

it isn't a service.. it is like connectx for isos.. there is plenty of talk on this site explaining what it is.. if you use the search..

we dont support piracy here, so why would u think they would release something that pertains to it?? 

• Like 2

yes, the project is still alive, but people are busy. We havnt forgotten about you, but the test version I was given, had issues, but also didnt support folder recursion, and still needed work with network issues on the server side, when an xbox lost connection to the server, it wouldnt allow the xbox to reconnect. I will say that it is super fast though. ;) I used it a couple times just to extract ISO's on my xbox. lol.

• Like 1

This sounds good i might have to switch to aurora when this is released, whats network speed like when ftping its like 11mb is that enuff to play games over lan ?