RealModScene
tinpanalley

Game stopped working?

Has anyone had a game just completely stop working that was installed in FSD? What can cause this? Everything else on the harddrive is running fine and the last time I booted this game it played fine.

this can have various reasons, the plugin can cause that. your hdd may be defect on some sectors, the gamefiles can be corrupt, maybe dashlaunch settings lead to incompatibility

if you get an exception, you may find some log-files.

if its happened once and not again, i would ignore it,

if it's always happening with the same game, the above mentioned issues could be the reason, but we cant say for sure. You have to try out different things, like reinstalling on another device or something, or use another console

Ok, thanks
1. How can I check on problems with the dashlaunch settings?
2. What is the best way to clone this hdd and will the slim 360 take SSDs? Does the 360 even benefit from SSD for booting and playing games?

If the data is corrupt, and you clone it to a ssd, you still have corrupt data. and no, the xbox doesnt boot faster with an ssd. As for the dashlaunch settings, Aurora 0.7b's dashlaunch stuff has improved a lot with this version.

53 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

If the data is corrupt, and you clone it to a ssd, you still have corrupt data.

Yes, of course. I just meant, how do you clone so that I can buy a new hdd and then clone this content that's on here already. Then I at least know the drive isn't damaged. The thing is I can't be sure this hdd isn't damaged because it's been in there for 6 years, reading and writing though mostly reading.
Oh, and I found 3 more games that wouldn't boot claiming some sort of error. Had to delete them.

53 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

no, the xbox doesnt boot faster with an ssd. As for the dashlaunch settings, Aurora 0.7b's dashlaunch stuff has improved a lot with this version.

Ok, so no benefit from SSD keeps it cheaper, you can get great deals on 1TB 2.5 hdds.
With the dashlaunch, I was recently told there was nothing necessarily better than FSD or at least that no major improvements had been made in launchers in the last few years. I don't know Aurora but are there any others as well that I should look at? Keep in mind, I don't use it for audio or video media at all, just to boot games.

49 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

Yes, of course. I just meant, how do you clone so that I can buy a new hdd and then clone this content that's on here already. Then I at least know the drive isn't damaged. The thing is I can't be sure this hdd isn't damaged because it's been in there for 6 years, reading and writing though mostly reading.
Oh, and I found 3 more games that wouldn't boot claiming some sort of error. Had to delete them.

Ok, so no benefit from SSD keeps it cheaper, you can get great deals on 1TB 2.5 hdds.
With the dashlaunch, I was recently told there was nothing necessarily better than FSD or at least that no major improvements had been made in launchers in the last few years. I don't know Aurora but are there any others as well that I should look at? Keep in mind, I don't use it for audio or video media at all, just to boot games.

Aurora is a replacement for Freestyle Dash. I am assuming you have some sort of game launching app? If not, I would suggest Aurora.

4 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Aurora is a replacement for Freestyle Dash. I am assuming you have some sort of game launching app? If not, I would suggest Aurora.

Well, I use FSD with links to the games on my hdd. Sorry, isn't FSD itself the game launching app?

It is a game launching app, but in most ways, Aurora is way better, and is still being developed. Basically, when teamFSD broke up, the remaining people started working on Aurora.

1 minute ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It is a game launching app, but in most ways, Aurora is way better, and is still being developed. Basically, when teamFSD broke up, the remaining people started working on Aurora.

Ok well that sounds fantastic because honestly, I am so sick of looking at FSD. I was looking for a replacement recently when i updated the system. Are there specific instructions for installing it? Oh, and can it update my game artwork as well?

Is there anything else out there worth looking at?

36 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

Ok well that sounds fantastic because honestly, I am so sick of looking at FSD. I was looking for a replacement recently when i updated the system. Are there specific instructions for installing it? Oh, and can it update my game artwork as well?

Is there anything else out there worth looking at?

The only thing else going on in that department is the XBMC port to the 360, but it is still in the development stages, It plays audio and video files, but there is still a ton of work to be done there.

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

The only thing else going on in that department is the XBMC port to the 360, but it is still in the development stages, It plays audio and video files, but there is still a ton of work to be done there.

Ok, cool. I've seen some videos on Youtube now.
Any particular instructions for installing this since I already have FSD installed?

14 minutes ago, tinpanalley said:

Ok, cool. I've seen some videos on Youtube now.
Any particular instructions for installing this since I already have FSD installed?

To answer your question, hook the hdd up to pc, and use crystal disc info.. it will tell u if the hdd is failing.. ofc u need a sata pc or x360usb to connect it

Thanks guys, I hooked up Aurora. Looks fantastic. Turns out there was a lot of artwork that FSD just wasn't getting for me that I'm only now seeing. I juts need to figure out how to connect my XBLA games and emulators.

22 hours ago, felida said:

To answer your question, hook the hdd up to pc, and use crystal disc info.. it will tell u if the hdd is failing.. ofc u need a sata pc or x360usb to connect it

Good idea, hadn't thought about that. I'll check it out.