RealModScene
TheCodeMan

Make Aurora Default Dash

I'm sure this is in the forums somewhere. I've done some searches and come up empty but I know it can be done. I have an RGH Jasper running XEXMenu 1.1, Latest version of Aurora, DashLaunch and Freestyle. For the life of me I can't figure out or find documentation on how to set Aurora as the default. I'm assuming it has to be done with XEXMenu since that is what I have to launch each time I want to run Aurora. I'm hoping a JTAG veteran can share a quick link to get me up to speed.

On a side note, I looked through several of the FAQs and unless I overlooked it, I didn't see any references for doing this. It would be a great addition to a pinned Aurora FAQ.

It is set in the launch.ini file at the root of the hdd/USB drive. just change the default=<Pathtowherever>\<whereever>.xex to default=<pathtoaurora>\Aurora.xex.

So this is all I see when I look at the root and HDD1 root via FTP. I'm missing the ini file. I have to launch XEXMenu manually under Games. I'm guessing that has something to do with it. 

Capture1.JPG.ca5094931d7f8ec420293c05fe6e2f85.JPGCapture.JPG.94b922b24e58eda492857b162e1b5a20.JPG

Yes, that would have something to do with it. If you look in my thread here:

You will find a copy of my launch.ini file, and you can modify it to your needs. If it still doesnt work, then you dont have dashlaunch installed, which you can do with the dashlaunch installer.

These are the launchers I have under my Dashboards directory. I believe DL30 is what I'm looking for. Does it need to be moved to the root or can I leave it as is?

Capture2.JPG.c16e43d7dca8cad0199be036de48cad1.JPG

You need to put the launch.ini in the root of the drive.  If dashlaunch is installed, then it should work. if not, download the latest dashlaunch installer(3.18.1) and run the installer xex, and it will install dashlaunch, then it will work.

Just open up dashlaunch, in the paths section change the default to aurora, save it, done.

Reload Xbox and it will boot Aurora

So I do have Dashlaunch installed. If I go into DL and set the default path to the Aurora XEX, it will work fine until I reboot. When I reboot the default dash loads and I have to start the process over by running XEXMenu first. Is there a certain order these apps have to be installed? Perhaps a certain location? I have all launchers, Aurora, DL and Freestyle installed under a folder called Dashboards on the root of the hard drive. It's as if Dashlaunch isn't saving my settings even though I tell it to.

On 5/17/2018 at 1:47 AM, TheCodeMan said:

Nevermind, I'm an idiot. I was saving the ini file incorrectly.

Please, how to save ini file correctly,I have the same issue.