RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.7b, including NOVA, by Phoenix

1 hour ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Aurora works with a database, so generally speaking it is a bad idea to try to downgrade, without starting with a fresh install. As for the fixes for ConnectX,  you are speaking about, in the latest version, they dont fix the plugin, just made it so if the xex wasnt in the plugins folder the option doesnt show up in the options meny. On top of that, the other fix that was added was the option to unload connectX. Personally, if you ask me compared to NetISO, connectX isnt even worth wasting the time, but we havnt released that to the general public yet, due to it not being complete server side, and there needs to be connection error handling. That being said, with NetISO, the games load 1000X faster than they do with ConnectX, and you dont have to extract iso files. It also works with GOD format, which is nice as well, and when using it, you can rip the game from the iso to your hard drive, as well, which gets rid of the need to extract to install as well. Long story short, the issues with connectX will never be fixed, as it is just a patched plugin for a devkit. We have no control over the inner workings of the plugin, so we cant update it to work with the latest SMB protocols. Basically you are forced to use SMB protocols from 2002 on your server for it to connect, and those are flawed. Just my 2 cents.

Thanx alot @gavin_darkglider 

ive gotta question any eta on NETISO sounds good and promising lol 😁

37 minutes ago, guru745i said:

Thanx alot @gavin_darkglider 

ive gotta question any eta on NETISO sounds good and promising lol 😁

I dont have an eta, just tested the alpha version of that feature. I think it is planned to be in aurora 0.8b, but it might get pushed further.  On top of the current issues that need fixed, the server is for windows, and still needs a bit of work. I was told that the server side was going to be opensourced, so it can be ported to other operating systems, such as linux, so it can be installed on a N.A.S system, etc. Unfortunatly, that will be on the community to do, as the team is not going to focus on multiplatform support.

Been messing with my PS2 lately & loved the idea of loading games via SMB with OPL. Just wished the 360 had something similar, & just found it has.... For awhile too with ConnectX.... But, Im not sure whether or not to test it out now or wait for Netiso. Hopefully everything is going well on it & have a release in the near future.

10 hours ago, milko said:

Been messing with my PS2 lately & loved the idea of loading games via SMB with OPL. Just wished the 360 had something similar, & just found it has.... For awhile too with ConnectX.... But, Im not sure whether or not to test it out now or wait for Netiso. Hopefully everything is going well on it & have a release in the near future.

You can use connectx..

But the huge difference is that you can use usb 2.0 on 360, versus usb 1.1 on ps2.. tbh smb isn't needed when you can just use an external hdd

Just saw that the dev stopped... too bad i must admit i was waiting patiently for NetISO (i use a NAS for iso loading through connectx atm but ye SMB version is full of vulnerabilities, tho it’s just a home server so as long as no one breaches in my network i’m safe)