Jump to content
RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.7b, including NOVA, by Phoenix

Recommended Posts

Hi all, just wanna say thanks for this great project :)
Just updated to latest version from dashboard and all working really smooth.

Just got a new RGH with Aurora only. (Stopped on jtags around 2012,  never had an aurora before)
And damn i love this one, looks soo nice ans slick also the trainers and TU's are awesome integrated :D

Got only one question for now;
Disc-swaps, do i still need plugins? or use dashlaunch for this? my games are named as Gamename/DISC1/content etc


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, henkie2 said:

Hi all, just wanna say thanks for this great project :)
Just updated to latest version from dashboard and all working really smooth.

Just got a new RGH with Aurora only. (Stopped on jtags around 2012,  never had an aurora before)
And damn i love this one, looks soo nice ans slick also the trainers and TU's are awesome integrated :D

Got only one question for now;
Disc-swaps, do i still need plugins? or use dashlaunch for this? my games are named as Gamename/DISC1/content etc


 

Nova(Auroras built in plugin) will handle disc swapping assuming the folder structure is correct.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aurora doesn't see some of the games added to XBox, for ex.,

Quote

 

  • Forza Horizon 2 Presents FF (folder)
    • 4D530AB5 (folder)
      • 00007000 (folder)
        • CE244B3FD...4D.data (folder)
        • CE244B3FD...4D (file)

 

 

 

Is there any way to add it manually?
(manual start of the game thru File Manager works well)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, and7ey said:

Aurora doesn't see some of the games added to XBox, for ex.,

 

 

 

Is there any way to add it manually?
(manual start of the game thru File Manager works well)

Every time you add a new game, you have to scan for it.. it only auto scans if u set it.. and make sure you are not using a specific filter either..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, and7ey said:

Auto scan is enabled and I tried to manually scan - it doesn't help.

How deep scan path did you set?

Did you try to set new scan path include only game with one you have problem?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello i had a problem after i play some game and i press Aurora home it lag in this section and i must restart xbox can someone help me 

15308659129442043568474485743253.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

could we maybe get a nibble of whats being worked on right now or maybe something new coming to the table something like a teaser of a teaser been quite on here lately.

i love the last release and in noway saying get back to work or put out a update if this was the last update i be fine with that. i just know its not from your guys talk. 

i cant wait for netiso to come out (actually i can wait ) i just mad ea unraid sever and love to use it for my 360 i already use it for my ps2 ps1 games (opl) now if only some one would make a wii game streaming program then i could get rid of the usb hdd on the wii.

anyway love your guys work playing on donating when i get paid. have you guys thought of patreon. just wandering i be will to pledge some each mouth anything to help.

 

also when i come on here and read post about when will it come out or just release it now i find that so ignorant, i mean its not yours to dictate. thats so like the uk say usa give me all coke products right now for free its no there call its yours.

 

i also wanted to ask this i know this is not going open source for many reasons as i can read old post and just just ask and be lazy. but will you guy open it up once all of you deside one day ya we're done. not going to work with it anymore, im moving on the xbox one. i would just hate for it to get lost that way. like with the original xbox i like  User Interface X and the just give up and after a while some one got the beta of uix 2 but was buggy and unfinished and if that had the source there was a guy saying he try to complete it. i just hate for that to repeat itself with this project. but at the end of the day its your call, not mine, or anyone elses. just been wanting to ask this for a while.

 

ps sorry for mistakes in the writing as im on my phone with some loud kids running around me so plz forgive me

-jen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jennifer Nicole Skinner said:

could we maybe get a nibble of whats being worked on right now or maybe something new coming to the table something like a teaser of a teaser been quite on here lately.

i love the last release and in noway saying get back to work or put out a update if this was the last update i be fine with that. i just know its not from your guys talk. 

i cant wait for netiso to come out (actually i can wait ) i just mad ea unraid sever and love to use it for my 360 i already use it for my ps2 ps1 games (opl) now if only some one would make a wii game streaming program then i could get rid of the usb hdd on the wii.

anyway love your guys work playing on donating when i get paid. have you guys thought of patreon. just wandering i be will to pledge some each mouth anything to help.

 

also when i come on here and read post about when will it come out or just release it now i find that so ignorant, i mean its not yours to dictate. thats so like the uk say usa give me all coke products right now for free its no there call its yours.

 

i also wanted to ask this i know this is not going open source for many reasons as i can read old post and just just ask and be lazy. but will you guy open it up once all of you deside one day ya we're done. not going to work with it anymore, im moving on the xbox one. i would just hate for it to get lost that way. like with the original xbox i like  User Interface X and the just give up and after a while some one got the beta of uix 2 but was buggy and unfinished and if that had the source there was a guy saying he try to complete it. i just hate for that to repeat itself with this project. but at the end of the day its your call, not mine, or anyone elses. just been wanting to ask this for a while.

 

ps sorry for mistakes in the writing as im on my phone with some loud kids running around me so plz forgive me

-jen

Well there was a bug fix out out.. lol..

So there is that..

 

And.. As for the source.. it may not be.. it would be nice to see how they did stuff with aurora.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

5 hours ago, Jennifer Nicole Skinner said:

could we maybe get a nibble of whats being worked on right now or maybe something new coming to the table something like a teaser of a teaser been quite on here lately.

i love the last release and in noway saying get back to work or put out a update if this was the last update i be fine with that. i just know its not from your guys talk. 

i cant wait for netiso to come out (actually i can wait ) i just mad ea unraid sever and love to use it for my 360 i already use it for my ps2 ps1 games (opl) now if only some one would make a wii game streaming program then i could get rid of the usb hdd on the wii.

anyway love your guys work playing on donating when i get paid. have you guys thought of patreon. just wandering i be will to pledge some each mouth anything to help.

 

also when i come on here and read post about when will it come out or just release it now i find that so ignorant, i mean its not yours to dictate. thats so like the uk say usa give me all coke products right now for free its no there call its yours.

 

i also wanted to ask this i know this is not going open source for many reasons as i can read old post and just just ask and be lazy. but will you guy open it up once all of you deside one day ya we're done. not going to work with it anymore, im moving on the xbox one. i would just hate for it to get lost that way. like with the original xbox i like  User Interface X and the just give up and after a while some one got the beta of uix 2 but was buggy and unfinished and if that had the source there was a guy saying he try to complete it. i just hate for that to repeat itself with this project. but at the end of the day its your call, not mine, or anyone elses. just been wanting to ask this for a while.

 

ps sorry for mistakes in the writing as im on my phone with some loud kids running around me so plz forgive me

-jen

 

The end result of FSD was not opensourced, because there was a lot of code included by other team members that didnt want their code released. They did release FSD2.2, but because of the same issue, there is a lot missing, and it doesnt compile, as far as I know. If it does, it is missing a bunch of features. Team Phoenix are the members that are left, and a few of the trusted forum members, most of them staff, who test it. Now, if the developers decide to release their code as open source, it probably wont be until they are done with it, because they dont want to deal with the infinant number of forks, and people complaining at them when they dont work. What the policy will be as far as what is included, and what is not I do not know, and will probably be figured out when it is said and done. The other reason that TeamFSD decided not to do another stripped down version of the dashboard for rev 3 755 is that they didnt feel anyone really did anything with the work they had already released. That is what I have gotten from my conversations with the devs.

Now, if you want to help with a project, look into cmnk's port of XBMC to the 360. Unfortunatly, he started with the XBMC4Xbox sources, which are way behind the Kodi sources, but either way, a much easier feat to port, assuming you dont mind rewriting a lot of the ASM used to optimize certain features on an X86 based CPU to ASM that is usable on a PP64 CPU, and then there are the changes in the DirectX API. All of that being said, He has done a very good job, and the latest release I looked at play videos, using Ced2911's FFMPEG port libraries, which are also quite old, and the changes should probably be ported into a much newer version. If you were to help get that project in to the mainstream, I am sure that at the very least, you could talk to Team Phoenix, about maybe helping by adding Nova support to XBMC360, and maybe changing the media tab in the hud to work with XBMC. Obviously, when it is generally a fully working dashboard, that is ready for a public release. This way, we can keep Xbox Unity alive across multiple dashboards. 1 service, multiple choices on front end. 

All that being said I would help, but I am caught up in building my own custom linux distro using Gentoo for my Nintendo Switch. There are tons of kernel changes, video card acceleration changes, etc that I have to port into the gentoo kernel sources, and the Mesa stuff. Then I have to work out the issues that come with porting this stuff to newer versions, which means fixing the compiler errors and stuff. I spent a week updating the Switch Coreboot to the latest git version, because I couldnt get the toolchain to build GCC 6, which is what the version of coreboot wanted. Ported the U-Boot patches to the latest verion of U-Boot, but because of new options in U-Boot, I dont quite understand, I am not sure what memory addresses to point at there. On top of that I am working a 40 hour a week job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2018 at 9:42 PM, Dr.Gonzo said:

On jtaged & rghed devices of course.

Appreciate the response,
I am new to the modding scene, but i have a good education in electronics and electrical, through college.
I'm not sure where to begin, i've looked at some of the tutorials but they seem to try to explain all methods at once, slightly overwhelming.
Would you happen to be able to link a section here with direct tutorials for jtag? 
I'm familiar with soldering and RGH doesn't seem out of my scope but, it does seem alot more technical and i'll have to order that boot chip.

Any advice is appreciate, ty!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want go too much off topic here, but the internet is full of noob friendly guides, that explain the complete process in detail. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

im rebuild my unraid server and would like to know what would be the requirements for netiso as i may need to abject my build inorder to include it. and is there going to be a linux verison

i know there ways talk about haveing the program netiso server be open source. if a linux version is made i can try my hand of making a unriad docker for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, I'm new to the scene, in a couple of days I managed to absorb enough of the basics to set up everything. I'm still struggling with LINK/NOVA, I've got no plugins installed before, I tried copying a fresh nova.xex file, I tried running a second install of Aurora from USB, the verification works and its all green, on the HUD I have Aurora Home but system Link is inactive. Don't know what else can I do?

P.S.

Really love what the devs did, I don't know much but I can see that its been given a lot work and thought. Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sitherin said:

Hi guys, I'm new to the scene, in a couple of days I managed to absorb enough of the basics to set up everything. I'm still struggling with LINK/NOVA, I've got no plugins installed before, I tried copying a fresh nova.xex file, I tried running a second install of Aurora from USB, the verification works and its all green, on the HUD I have Aurora Home but system Link is inactive. Don't know what else can I do?

P.S.

Really love what the devs did, I don't know much but I can see that its been given a lot work and thought. Thank you!

there has been no change to the plugin, you still have to be "in game" when you press guide for system link.. never any other time..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2018 at 4:34 PM, saywaking said:

Thats the WebUI for Webbrowser

- go to Modules -> NOVA

- set up User/Pass for WebUI and Enable it

- press back in Coverflow to get to The System Overlay, write down your Xbox IP

- Go to a PC or Smartphone Browser

- navigate to http://yourxboxip:9999 with your user/pass

KI ahve problem... When i type my IP adress and :9999... When i press Enter it comes to login and i am set User and pass on xbox for WebUi and when i type in that box that page re-fresh like i am typing wrong pass and user... And i dont know what to do? can u or some one els help me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/23/2018 at 4:35 PM, Stexgamer said:

KI ahve problem... When i type my IP adress and :9999... When i press Enter it comes to login and i am set User and pass on xbox for WebUi and when i type in that box that page re-fresh like i am typing wrong pass and user... And i dont know what to do? can u or some one els help me?

disable the password part in aurora and see if it works.. default user/pass is xboxhttp for it.. but you can easily disable the security for it and not have to use it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys!

Can anybody confirm that ConnectX still works on 0.7b 1622

Everything was working, then I updated Aurora 15xx -> 1622 and now I do not see ConnectX in FileManager. Module is Active, logs looks OK :(

 

Version 1622 has a fix regarding hidding ConnectX menu item if the function is unavailable. I had to reenter SMB credentials and now everything is perfect :D

Edited by wally666
Problem Solved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same Boat. 

On 10/28/2018 at 12:08 PM, wally666 said:

Hi guys!

Can anybody confirm that ConnectX still works on 0.7b 1622

Everything was working, then I updated Aurora 15xx -> 1622 and now I do not see ConnectX in FileManager. Module is Active, logs looks OK :(

 

Version 1622 has a fix regarding hidding ConnectX menu item if the function is unavailable. I had to reenter SMB credentials and now everything is perfect :D

Same Boat. 

Tried Reverting to Aurora 0.5b with no success

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, guru745i said:

Same Boat. 

Same Boat. 

Tried Reverting to Aurora 0.5b with no success

Aurora works with a database, so generally speaking it is a bad idea to try to downgrade, without starting with a fresh install. As for the fixes for ConnectX,  you are speaking about, in the latest version, they dont fix the plugin, just made it so if the xex wasnt in the plugins folder the option doesnt show up in the options meny. On top of that, the other fix that was added was the option to unload connectX. Personally, if you ask me compared to NetISO, connectX isnt even worth wasting the time, but we havnt released that to the general public yet, due to it not being complete server side, and there needs to be connection error handling. That being said, with NetISO, the games load 1000X faster than they do with ConnectX, and you dont have to extract iso files. It also works with GOD format, which is nice as well, and when using it, you can rip the game from the iso to your hard drive, as well, which gets rid of the need to extract to install as well. Long story short, the issues with connectX will never be fixed, as it is just a patched plugin for a devkit. We have no control over the inner workings of the plugin, so we cant update it to work with the latest SMB protocols. Basically you are forced to use SMB protocols from 2002 on your server for it to connect, and those are flawed. Just my 2 cents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...