RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.7b, including NOVA, by Phoenix

On 5/16/2018 at 10:42 AM, Mattie said:

in 0.7b support for play and ok was added to the disc panel.

normal left and right has always worked out of the box i think.

Also the ABCD buttons work and "ok" and "back" are mapped to "system" and "settings". Very nice features. Thank againg for the work of all devs.

May I suggest a list of useless features to add in the future? Like:

support for xbox live vision camera (are there homebrews that use it?)

support for hd-dvd reader for install or play xbox 360 games on phisical disc 🙂

1 hour ago, Marco ConteZero said:

May I suggest a list of useless features to add in the future? Like:

support for xbox live vision camera (are there homebrews that use it?)

support for hd-dvd reader for install or play xbox 360 games on phisical disc 🙂

1. Support for xbox live vision camera, is probably not going to come, since the devs arent planning on supporting the kinect either with aurora.

2. In the xbox kernel, the hd-dvd reader driver, or firmware, for that matter are specifically set up so that drive cant play games. To start, you would have to put a firmware like ltu on the drive, which would then stop it from being a hd-dvd drive, and then you would have to get the xbox kernel to work with this firmware over usb. There is no point in this, as the drive in the console was made just for this. If you had it removed, or did it yourself, that is on you. Even then there are still other ways to rip an xbox360 game, and put it on a jtag without a drive.

On 5/23/2018 at 2:50 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

No, but NetISO might make connectX obsolete. SMBDLL only covers the server, ConnectX is a client for SMB servers. 

It all depends... for NetISo you do need all titles to be iso's, so connectx still has it's function....

5 hours ago, Mattie said:

It all depends... for NetISo you do need all titles to be iso's, so connectx still has it's function....

I said might..... lol. 

Thank you for update. But after new version installation my xbox 360 usually crashs.

My current version Aurora 06b then i update online 07b and after this 07b update my xbox 360 crashs mostly (it does not open).

For example if i press button aurora home on options menu (for restart on game). Aurora does not open and xbox mostly crashs.

For example; I try open gta v (with trainer),  game does not open in 7 out of 10 tests. gta 5 opens only three times properly with trainer.

and if i use aurora home on options menu during game for restart, xbox 360 crashs mostly. 

I will be glad if you help me.

(sorry for my english)

4 hours ago, mateton said:

Thank you for update. But after new version installation my xbox 360 usually crashs.

My current version Aurora 06b then i update online 07b and after this 07b update my xbox 360 crashs mostly (it does not open).

For example if i press button aurora home on options menu (for restart on game). Aurora does not open and xbox mostly crashs.

For example; I try open gta v (with trainer),  game does not open in 7 out of 10 tests. gta 5 opens only three times properly with trainer.

and if i use aurora home on options menu during game for restart, xbox 360 crashs mostly. 

I will be glad if you help me.

(sorry for my english)

please give us the crash logs

later new version crashs and xbox does not open (and if xbox open but this time, game does not open ,i downgrade version 06b, then update online again. and later online update i try to open game again and it crashs again. i upload log files here.

(note: i try open gta 5 + title update 26 + trainer retrobyte version 1.9 (it works properly on aurora 6b but i downgrade later update and it does not work.)

(sorry for my english.) 

Logs.rar

On 5/28/2018 at 8:48 PM, mateton said:

later new version crashs and xbox does not open (and if xbox open but this time, game does not open ,i downgrade version 06b, then update online again. and later online update i try to open game again and it crashs again. i upload log files here.

(note: i try open gta 5 + title update 26 + trainer retrobyte version 1.9 (it works properly on aurora 6b but i downgrade later update and it does not work.)

(sorry for my english.) 

Logs.rar

there are no crashlogs? this log does not tell me a lot. I need the logs after you launched the game

Hi there, anyone having issues to copy files through File Manager??

There are 3 files from CSI Hard Evidence that is not copying from USB HDD to the Internal HDD.

On PC it works flawless.... 

18 minutes ago, ZerOneX said:

Hi there, anyone having issues to copy files through File Manager??

There are 3 files from CSI Hard Evidence that is not copying from USB HDD to the Internal HDD.

On PC it works flawless.... 

I'd check the file names.. Xbox360 has a character limit of 42.. Maybe m$ watched too much hitchhikers guide to the galaxy one too many times hahahaha

• Haha 1

Hey Team,

I'm in the process of making a identical copy of my HDD using FATXplore to do this, damn its a good FileManager, thanks Eaton bloody nice and easy mate!..

So in my case, can I just copy the Aurora6.b/Data/Titleupdate/2020202057202D44585731393945443433355243/ "content" into Aurora7b under the same directory structure without problems?

Also do I need to copy the Database and GameData content from these folders across to avoid corruptions or probelms

So far I am doing a 1:1 copy of each folder I have from the root of the HDD1 to HDD2, I've not copied the profiles folders, just content/0000000000000000 folders across and copied the cache folder, will take a bit of time to move the 1 TB across so hoping this will work and when i reboot the new HDD2 in another console and launch A7b, scan the directories it should all work?

Thoughts

9 minutes ago, Kosti said:

Hey Team,

I'm in the process of making a identical copy of my HDD using FATXplore to do this, damn its a good FileManager, thanks Eaton bloody nice and easy mate!..

So in my case, can I just copy the Aurora6.b/Data/Titleupdate/2020202057202D44585731393945443433355243/ "content" into Aurora7b under the same directory structure without problems?

Also do I need to copy the Database and GameData content from these folders across to avoid corruptions or probelms

So far I am doing a 1:1 copy of each folder I have from the root of the HDD1 to HDD2, I've not copied the profiles folders, just content/0000000000000000 folders across and copied the cache folder, will take a bit of time to move the 1 TB across so hoping this will work and when i reboot the new HDD2 in another console and launch A7b, scan the directories it should all work?

Thoughts

Generally, I recommend against copying aurora with the content and DB's to a new HDD, because the DB uses virtual paths set by the SUID of the partition. Every formatted partition has a different ID. You can fix this if you edit the HDD path in the DB manually, but it is easier for most to just start fresh, and redownload covers, and TU's. Also, this has nothing to do with Aurora 0.7b being released, so please dont hijack threads with questions that have been answered on this site before.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, felida said:

I'd check the file names.. Xbox360 has a character limit of 42.. Maybe m$ watched too much hitchhikers guide to the galaxy one too many times hahahaha

the dump is using the original names... not sure what to do then.... annoying isn't it?? tks man

2 minutes ago, ZerOneX said:

the dump is using the original names... not sure what to do then.... annoying isn't it?? tks man

Make it into a God format.. use 360mpgui to convert.. this bypasses the filename restrictions

• Like 1

OMGGGGG, I LOVE THE NEW VERSION OF AURORA, i only have a little question there will be a chat, or a patch for the friends? i mean Ssmething like a menu for see if they are online into the system link's HUD, or a chat project, jejjeje

10 minutes ago, Shaypun said:

OMGGGGG, I LOVE THE NEW VERSION OF AURORA, i only have a little question there will be a chat, or a patch for the friends? i mean Ssmething like a menu for see if they are online into the system link's HUD, or a chat project, jejjeje

it's being worked on

On 6/1/2018 at 4:10 PM, felida said:

Make it into a God format.. use 360mpgui to convert.. this bypasses the filename restrictions

interesting... thank you very much

Not sure if this is Aurora 0.7b related, but...

FTP is enabled on XBox. I connect to FTP from my Mac. All files are visible, but I can not copy anything to XBox. OSX just shows 'stop' sign near cursor when I try to drag&drop something. Win+C/V doesn't work too. How should I fix it?

I always found only Transmit worked as an ftp client, not sure why though. What one are you using?

I use built-in OSX client (i.e. Finder). I also tried to use FTP client of FIles application.

Suddenly I found that Forklift's FTP client works well. 

22 hours ago, Culosecco said:

Aurora is ugly shit

And your a douche bag, who comes out of nowhere, and has never done anything for the scene, and you come here and dis our free software, which as a team we have been developing for years, and if you dont like it, you can write your own dashboard, and show us what you think pretty is. lol.

Spectacular! I just receive the update when turning on my xbox and run here to see the details, thanks!!!

I finally found time to update Aurora.

I attempted to do an installation with the release package that can be found over on xboxunity.
I originally had my Aurora folder on HDD, which I deleted prior copying the new version over. I also deleted the contents of the cache and mindex folders.

Yet for some reason ConnectX remembered my credentials, everything else had to be set up from scratch.
Can someone verify if I indeed did a fresh installation from scratch? Thanks!