RealModScene
Mattie

Aurora 0.7b, including NOVA, by Phoenix

if u have any mod menus on plugin3 in dashlaunch nova dosent work and also having same issues with covers downloading so back to fsd i go my title updates and covers always work there and never in aurora but looks nice just aint for me considering covers problem

had to edit didnt wanna sound harsh appreciate the work and development by them new features are great but still on fsd

1 hour ago, mufasa8927 said:

if u have any mod menus on plugin3 in dashlaunch nova dosent work and also having same issues with covers downloading so back to fsd i go my title updates and covers always work there and never in aurora but looks nice just aint for me considering covers problem

had to edit didnt wanna sound harsh appreciate the work and development by them new features are great but still on fsd

Thanks for the tip on the plugin3 for dashlaunch. We will look into that. As for the covers downloading, I am not sure why people are having issues, as I can download covers no problem from unity. Do you have xhttp enabled in dashlaunch?

15 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Thanks for the tip on the plugin3 for dashlaunch. We will look into that. As for the covers downloading, I am not sure why people are having issues, as I can download covers no problem from unity. Do you have xhttp enabled in dashlaunch?

yeah xhttp enabled is always been like that for me at the moment im working on merging my fsd folder into my aurora folder and other things trying get them to transfer it the same with title updates for me aurora it wont do them it will do banners, backgrounds and all just not title updates of boxart thats why i still use fsd it has never let me down everytime i add a game i get an instant cover check for title update and they show up so idk

So the weekend is here and time to load up Aurora 0.7b

Just one quick question around Samba vs FTP, is Samba now fully supported as I prefer to map out the Xbox HDD so i can dump files faster and easier than FTP?

I see in the release notes mentioned of SMBDll so assuming this is now enabled and possible

Apology if this has been asked or confirmed before as hate xbox neigbourhood is just too slow and FTP takes ages too to fill a 2TB HDD

Cheers

Kosti

17 minutes ago, Kosti said:

So the weekend is here and time to load up Aurora 0.7b

Just one quick question around Samba vs FTP, is Samba now fully supported as I prefer to map out the Xbox HDD so i can dump files faster and easier than FTP?

I see in the release notes mentioned of SMBDll so assuming this is now enabled and possible

Apology if this has been asked or confirmed before as hate xbox neigbourhood is just too slow and FTP takes ages too to fill a 2TB HDD

Cheers

Kosti

The SMBDLL plugin is not included in aurora 0.7b. Basically there was a lot of work on the plugin manager of aurora this go around, so some framework like stuff was updated, but the actual plugin itself still needs work.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

The SMBDLL plugin is not included in aurora 0.7b. Basically there was a lot of work on the plugin manager of aurora this go around, so some framework like stuff was updated, but the actual plugin itself still needs work.

Thanks Gav, ok well its going to be a long night moving these files, thanks again too all that have worked on making this console still a joy to fire up and play! Just don't know why xbox neigbourhood is so crap in large files!

Cheers

Kosti

22 minutes ago, Kosti said:

Thanks Gav, ok well its going to be a long night moving these files, thanks again too all that have worked on making this console still a joy to fire up and play! Just don't know why xbox neigbourhood is so crap in large files!

Cheers

Kosti

I have Freestyle Dash installed for this, since it has native smb and also the ftp side seams more stable. Aurora sometimes hangs some files and need to re queue them, it isn't that bad but it is noticeable when transferring a large amount of files. Currently doing a 2tb one as I write this

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IllMethods said:

I have Freestyle Dash installed for this, since it has native smb and also the ftp side seams more stable. Aurora sometimes hangs some files and need to re queue them, it isn't that bad but it is noticeable when transferring a large amount of files. Currently doing a 2tb one as I write this

I was thinking of adding in FSD since I am wanting to copy from a current XBOX to a newly RGH console but keep the files on the other unit, I was hoping I could just use windows to do this but its not so easy

Will keep going with the laborious task unless FSD can do this nicely since I've never used FSD

Cheers

Kosti

Freestyle can use smb shares so I don't see why you can't directly copy from one to the other, but I am fairly new to RGH

3 minutes ago, HowlingWolfe93 said:

Is anyone having fatal crashes with the RSS Feed enabled? It wasn't doing it before, but now it is 😕

Yes, It was working for me the other day also. Now I've had to turn it off.

I thought maybe it had something to do with my Xbox being unplugged for so long. (as we had a really bad storm and didn't want my Xbox fried) But apparently that's not the case :/ If there is someone that can help me understand why this is happening, I'd really appreciate it

4 hours ago, HowlingWolfe93 said:

I thought maybe it had something to do with my Xbox being unplugged for so long. (as we had a really bad storm and didn't want my Xbox fried) But apparently that's not the case 😕 If there is someone that can help me understand why this is happening, I'd really appreciate it

I think it happened when JQE was fixing Phoenix.xboxunity.net for IPv6 connections. It will be sorted out, when we have some time.

13 hours ago, IllMethods said:

Keep in mind that SMB for FSD has a bug when overwriting files which can lead to corruption if the new file is smaller than the old file.

The big issue with our current smbdll is that it messes up link (sockets)

9 hours ago, HowlingWolfe93 said:

Is anyone having fatal crashes with the RSS Feed enabled? It wasn't doing it before, but now it is :/

Yes, there is probably some html data or so in this 0.7b post that messes it up. We will prepare a hotfix soon.

1 hour ago, Mattie said:

Keep in mind that SMB for FSD has a bug when overwriting files which can lead to corruption if the new file is smaller than the old file.

Yes, there is probably some html data or so in this 0.7b post that messes it up. We will prepare a hotfix soon.

That's good to hear. Regardless, you guys did an awesome job with the update! Eventually once I get things sorted out on my PC, I'm going to learn how to create skins for Aurora (in my free time when I have it)

Thanks mate i will contribute with the translation of my language because i see it has not in the downloads area and i was worked into aurora skin files directly.

I am a new user into this so i would like to thank all your hard work it is amazing :

On 5/20/2018 at 4:01 AM, Mattie said:

I am trying to wrap my head around the best option for transferring all titles from one 360 to another 360 and retain both. Since one is 2TB and the other is 1TB I'm trying to find the fastest possible now that I have one of the 360's setup the way I wanted with all TU's etc, I just wanted to mirror this to the 2nd console without the tedious manual task I just went through on the first one :)

I read about ConnectX.xex and the use of FSD, primarily used for streaming titles over a network but not ideal and is slow for transferring folders? Assume it doesn't work well on Aurora since connectX is patched?

Then I read FSD supports Samba natively but potentially corrupts and is not as fast as say FTP?

FTP needs to be set up for binary transfer mode, and not Ascii transfer mode as Ascii mode tends to corrupt data, especially on bigger files although still slow.

Another option was Xbox360neigboughood but again slower than FTP?

Finally Aurora just isn't ready for the content management / file transfer SMB tasks

So I have to go down one of these options but not sure the fastest safest (data integrity) way to do what I need, so looking for any final idea's thoughts as I didn't want to ad FSD just for SMB

Cheers

Kosti

2 hours ago, Kosti said:

I am trying to wrap my head around the best option for transferring all titles from one 360 to another 360 and retain both. Since one is 2TB and the other is 1TB I'm trying to find the fastest possible now that I have one of the 360's setup the way I wanted with all TU's etc, I just wanted to mirror this to the 2nd console without the tedious manual task I just went through on the first one :)

I read about ConnectX.xex and the use of FSD, primarily used for streaming titles over a network but not ideal and is slow for transferring folders? Assume it doesn't work well on Aurora since connectX is patched?

Then I read FSD supports Samba natively but potentially corrupts and is not as fast as say FTP?

FTP needs to be set up for binary transfer mode, and not Ascii transfer mode as Ascii mode tends to corrupt data, especially on bigger files although still slow.

Another option was Xbox360neigboughood but again slower than FTP?

Finally Aurora just isn't ready for the content management / file transfer SMB tasks

So I have to go down one of these options but not sure the fastest safest (data integrity) way to do what I need, so looking for any final idea's thoughts as I didn't want to ad FSD just for SMB

Cheers

Kosti

There is another simple way which u didn't mention: SATA to USB 3.0 adapter. Just take hard drives from both consoles and hook them up to your PC. Obviously, you need some software to make it work. You can try with FATXplorer: https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/. From my personal use it is the best approach to transfer all content fast without any loss and pain. You can get transfer rate about 40-80MB/s while copying things out.

9 hours ago, pejakk said:

There is another simple way which u didn't mention: SATA to USB 3.0 adapter. Just take hard drives from both consoles and hook them up to your PC. Obviously, you need some software to make it work. You can try with FATXplorer: https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/. From my personal use it is the best approach to transfer all content fast without any loss and pain. You can get transfer rate about 40-80MB/s while copying things out.

That's exactly how I did mine!  👍

Assuming that work on SMBDLL finishes (if ever), wouldn't that render connectx obsolete (since SMB will be handled natively within Aurora)? Just asking out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, Frostbyte said:

Assuming that work on SMBDLL finishes (if ever), wouldn't that render connectx obsolete (since SMB will be handled natively within Aurora)? Just asking out of curiosity.

No, but NetISO might make connectX obsolete. SMBDLL only covers the server, ConnectX is a client for SMB servers. 

On 5/22/2018 at 8:55 PM, pejakk said:

On 5/23/2018 at 6:01 AM, Relentless said:

That's exactly how I did mine!  👍

Yeah, I've seen FATX and since it wasn't or hasn't been touched for years I didn't try it, It may do what i need and at a mush faster pace, but was hoping a updated version would've been produced by now.

The 7 day trial may just be enough to do what I need but I am not sure how to to actually go about it so I get everything mirrored across. Can I copy all the folders and directories across and will the title covers and TU be able to sync properly or will all these needs to be downloaded again. Only the profiles would be different that I don't need to copy across but then again it shouldn't matter since none go live, but not sure how it would work on LINK.

Sorry if I've started something not related to Aurora 7b, was just hoping I could've achieved this in release

Cheers

Kosti