RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
TheCodeMan

Issue with Aurora not Showing FTp'ed Games

I have a RGH'ed Jasper 360 that I added a 2TB drive to and configured from scratch. I added XexMenu, Aurora and FreestyleDash. I have been ripping discs to the drive with no issues. Aurora sees them and I have automatic scanning set. The problem is when I FTP games over. For some reason, none of the games will show up in Aurora. They show in FSD just fine. I can launch them from the file menu in Aurora, but they just don't show up in the interface. 

Any ideas what I could check or what I might be doing wrong?

I have loaded dash launch but I have not gotten around to configuring it yet. I wouldn't think that would cause this issue with Aurora though. I also read through all 37 pages of the support forum and while there are a number of topics related to missing games, none seemed to apply to this case.

So yeah, weird stuff going on. I deleted Aurora from the HD. The only folder left was plugins and it was empty. I then copied a fresh install over to the HD and rebooted.  I specified the scan path again, pretty straight forward, \Xbox360\System\Hdd1\Games. It scanned and found a single game, Assassins Creed II. I actually had a folder there as a placeholder but no game. So I deleted the folder completely from the Xbox HD. Did another rescan. It still populated Assassins Creed. I specified paths to two individual games, both located in the Games directory and they loaded fine. This makes no sense to me. Deleting the Aurora folder should have deleted the DB including all game entries. Where else could this data be stored?

So are there any dependencies that Aurora requires to just do a basic scan and detect games in a folder? As I mentioned above, I now cannot see any games in my Games folder using Aurora unless I add an individual scan path to each game. In that case it works fine. Is Aurora data cached somewhere outside of the Aurora folder?

Hi,

Aurora keeps it's data in it's own folder.

How does your folder structure look? What are your scan path settings (mainly path + scan depth)

Does the root folder contain a xex (or xbe)? Aurora's scan depth setting is a max depth setting, if you have:

scanpath: hdd\folder, scandepth: 2

you can have:

• hdd\folder\game1\default.xex (Extracted)
  • hdd\folder\game2\disc1\default.xex (Extracted)
  • hdd\folder\game2\disc2\default.xex (Extracted)
  • hdd\folder\game3\00007000\abcdef1234567890 (GOD)

and it will find them all, BUT if you put another defaul.xex in hdd\folder\game2\default.xex, it will ignore the disc1 and disc2 folders because a game is already found.

If you'd happen to have a default.xex in hdd\folder it would only find that one, but you can add "deeper" games by adding them individually.

You don't happen to have an Assassins Creed II xex in your \Xbox360\System\Hdd1\Games  folder?

Maybe this info will help someone else out. Stupidly, I had accidentally downloaded a game into the root of my games drive, Assassins Creed 2 by the looks of it. I combed through the folders and deleted any non-game specific folders as well as any loose file in the Games directory and all is working well. Thanks Mattie for pointing me in the right direction.

• Like 1