RealModScene
YoYo69

Multi Games per Disc

i wander if it is possible to get "multible-games-per-disc" games to work.

i copied my "Dreamcast Collection"-disc 91FJ1wRqz-L._SY445_.jpg

and my "Xbox 360 Triple Pack" disc 99461-183803.jpg

to my xbox360 harddrive

but i get stuck on the "select game screen" ... selecting a games just does nothing

i wander if this is a limitation of Aurora or am i missing something ?

thanks, yoyo

5 hours ago, YoYo69 said:

i wander if it is possible to get "multible-games-per-disc" games to work.

i copied my "Dreamcast Collection"-disc 91FJ1wRqz-L._SY445_.jpg

and my "Xbox 360 Triple Pack" disc 99461-183803.jpg

to my xbox360 harddrive

but i get stuck on the "select game screen" ... selecting a games just does nothing

i wander if this is a limitation of Aurora or am i missing something ?

thanks, yoyo

Is it GoD format or extracted?

Try both ways, I'd suggest GoD format tho

GOD... not working :(

i guess aurora boots the game correctly until you are at the selection game menu (in game).  The select game process somehow starts over the launch process which does not work in aurora ...

just a wild guess

1 minute ago, YoYo69 said:

GOD... not working :(

Hmmm... i have a question.. if you look thru disc contents, are they individual games with a launcher xex or what?

example, dreamcast collection ... 4 games on one disc via selection menu (in game)

1.JPG.afa698f661ff9084cffc9fb1873a34a3.JPG

and the game folders look like this

2.JPG.8814beb182dfa7199546bf94af1c2e9c.JPG

30 minutes ago, YoYo69 said:

example, dreamcast collection ... 4 games on one disc via selection menu (in game)

1.JPG.afa698f661ff9084cffc9fb1873a34a3.JPG

and the game folders look like this

2.JPG.8814beb182dfa7199546bf94af1c2e9c.JPG

You take the files out of the content section, and use those.. lol.. not. The disc.. as they are xbla containers..

I always wondered why a GoD of such 'multi-game' disc doesn't work. I mean, a physical disc with the same content does play like it should. And a GoD is nothing more than a container of an disc image, but still refuses to play (in this case it crashes after the main menu). Is this a limitation of the 360 system itself of maybe the homebrew? Can anyone clarify?

2 hours ago, Remmigiosh said:

I always wondered why a GoD of such 'multi-game' disc doesn't work. I mean, a physical disc with the same content does play like it should. And a GoD is nothing more than a container of an disc image, but still refuses to play (in this case it crashes after the main menu). Is this a limitation of the 360 system itself of maybe the homebrew? Can anyone clarify?

Could be the way the xex is.. or double loading containers? It would probably be a limitation of the system.. if you do a regular system install of the disc, does it create a simliar container? Or does it just install the xbla games themselves??

• Thanks 1

On 4/5/2018 at 1:55 AM, felida said:

Could be the way the xex is.. or double loading containers? It would probably be a limitation of the system.. if you do a regular system install of the disc, does it create a simliar container? Or does it just install the xbla games themselves??

Thanks for your reply, felida. :)

"Could be the way the xex is" ... Maybe, but I have seen more of those multi-XBLA game install discs and none of them work properly when installed as a GoD.

"or double loading containers" ... Good point! That may be a limitation of the base 360 system. I guess that won't be fixable. (?)

I own an unmodded phat 360 and a slim RGH2 but don't have a physical disc with such multi-XBLA content, so I can't test a regular system install. But I would love to know!

My guess is the problem is in the launcher(default.xex), on the disc, which I would assume points to the DVD handle the kernel produces, instead of the game handle. So once that launcher loads, it looks for the actual games on the disc in the drive. This isnt a huge issue on a retail console if you copy the game to the hdd in god format, because you still need the disc in the drive to play the game. On an RGH console the disc doesnt need to be in the drive to play a game ripped with NXE. Truth is though, that the launcher is like a microsoft approved extreemly stripped down version of xexmenu, or aurora, in the idea that it will launch other xex/svod container files. In every other way it is different. Since that is the case, you dont need the launcher, just copy the XBLA folders to then content folder and call it a day.

I agree that just ripping the individual games is a good fix, and has a slight game loading speed advantage as you don't have to go through another menu system to pick a game.

On the other hand, it can sometimes be a loss to do thongs this way, as you may miss out on a pretty menu with nice background music, say. And it can be hard for non-techy users to know what to do.

So it would be great if there ever was a nice fix for making multi-game discs "just work", whether it's some kind of automated patch to the default.xex, or something fixable in Aurora, or even a "one-click" item in Aurora which could be run on these problematic discs to install them in Content/00000 etc.