RealModScene

Hey there,

First and foremost, I have to say, I truly do love the work that has gone into Unity/LiNK, and I'd like to help with it in any way possible.

Now, with that out of the way, I'm interested in running a LAN party, and I'd like to self-host every component of it (I have quite the concern for privacy). I think it would be awesome to release the source of Unity/LiNK as it would open the doors to user contribution in many ways.

I totally understand that you do not want to be responsible for users that self-host the source without giving credit and/or concern for security and privacy (Insecure databases, data selling deals behind the scenes etc), but it would be an awesome way to have developers unite and help build the best solution to not paying extra, annually for hardware we bought with our hard earned money. We've already won a case on this (Ink cartridge reselling case with Lexar), why not go catching some bigger fish?

If I am wrong in any way in your opinion, please leave constructive feedback and criticism as replies and please do not flame me, I have just joined the Xbox community and would love to see it grow.

Best regards,

Azzeh

5 hours ago, Azzeh said:

Hey there,

First and foremost, I have to say, I truly do love the work that has gone into Unity/LiNK, and I'd like to help with it in any way possible.

Now, with that out of the way, I'm interested in running a LAN party, and I'd like to self-host every component of it (I have quite the concern for privacy). I think it would be awesome to release the source of Unity/LiNK as it would open the doors to user contribution in many ways.

I totally understand that you do not want to be responsible for users that self-host the source without giving credit and/or concern for security and privacy (Insecure databases, data selling deals behind the scenes etc), but it would be an awesome way to have developers unite and help build the best solution to not paying extra, annually for hardware we bought with our hard earned money. We've already won a case on this (Ink cartridge reselling case with Lexar), why not go catching some bigger fish?

If I am wrong in any way in your opinion, please leave constructive feedback and criticism as replies and please do not flame me, I have just joined the Xbox community and would love to see it grow.

Best regards,

Azzeh

A: if you are hosting a LAN party, meaning everyone is in the same house, then u disable LiNK.. you dont use it at all..

B: LiNK will never be open source for the foreseable future

C: you want to make sure everything is run from you and nothing else? Look into xlinkkai.. exactly what it does..