RealModScene
gangrel_1313

Is there a better media/video player for 360?

I have been playing mp4's lately with no real problem, doing it to record certain shows on DVD by running the media in mp4 format and using the a/v wires to the input of my VCR/DVD Recorder combo, reason I'm doing this is because I'm not a big fan of the long converting/burning process with PC softwares. I know I'm only getting Standard Definition with the a/v cables but it doesn't really matter because the show was only in SD. My problem is the default media player in NXE sucks balls, for the most part it plays my files but occasionally I hit one that wont play, Is there a homebrew media player like back in the day for the original xbox but for 360? I really don't want to go through the process of converting this file and the chance that it still might not play properly even after that

46 minutes ago, gangrel_1313 said:

I have been playing mp4's lately with no real problem, doing it to record certain shows on DVD by running the media in mp4 format and using the a/v wires to the input of my VCR/DVD Recorder combo, reason I'm doing this is because I'm not a big fan of the long converting/burning process with PC softwares. I know I'm only getting Standard Definition with the a/v cables but it doesn't really matter because the show was only in SD. My problem is the default media player in NXE sucks balls, for the most part it plays my files but occasionally I hit one that wont play, Is there a homebrew media player like back in the day for the original xbox but for 360? I really don't want to go through the process of converting this file and the chance that it still might not play properly even after that

1. No.. lol.. not a decent one..

2. Make sure the resolution is 720 and below.. 

3. Mp4 isnt needed, as avi works just fine.. 

4. Now, u dont need to convert all the time, if u use a windows pc.. you could add the media to wmp, and access it via streaming in the stock media player

5. There is a person working on bringing kodi to 360, but.. the problem is coding/codecs issue.. from what i can tell.. 

6. Its not easy to make a video player for 360 due to the way its coded.. asking for something thats a different architecture from the previous system, will likely not happen.. thats why its a ton easier for xb1/ps4, because its x86, not ppc like 360 lol..

I tried XMplayer and it acts like its starting the video but just shows black with no audio and no time advance like it just isn't playing, I did try FFPlay and at least got it playing so that will have to do.

I want to get a Xbox One so bad but until a hack is available I'm not buying one. :(

47 minutes ago, gangrel_1313 said:

I tried XMplayer and it acts like its starting the video but just shows black with no audio and no time advance like it just isn't playing, I did try FFPlay and at least got it playing so that will have to do.

I want to get a Xbox One so bad but until a hack is available I'm not buying one. :(

There wont be a hack, imo.. due to the games being server based, ect.. but, there is a ton of free games on xb1, vlc is available on xb1, so all file formats are playable, and everything else.. but seriously.. xb1 is worth it.. but i seriously doubt there will be a hack for it.. AND, the original and xb1 S are cheap now.. so if u dont care about the 4k ability.. just get you a slim or original.. 

40 minutes ago, gangrel_1313 said:

Server based?? So internet is mandatory?

while some games have a single player mode, a lot dont, AND they dont even have LAN support, and in the way of bops 3, their campaign was online only.. 

the hack people want, meaning FREE games and piracy, isn't a viable option.. if you want DEV mode, to play emu's n such, then its available already.. OR on regular retail mode, retroarch and nesbox have web based emulators, playable via the edge browser.

IF you buy XBL, then u get 4 free games per month.. 2 360 games, and 2 xb1 games, plus there is a slew of actual free games, such as warframe, all they require is XBL connection..

AND the security is extra tight, lol.. so i doubt we will get a mod for the xb1..