RealModScene
Socrates324

Questions about Aurora

Hey guys...I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum etc....I have a lot of questions regarding Aurora. I currently run FD3 and have noticed slow booting ..crashing etc....so after looking if there was a update for FSD3 I found Aurora! It looks a lot more user friendly...but the biggest question I have is can you run emulators for SNES...NES etc...I like the load times on Aurora and the layout...seems more user friendly and I would like to try it but hesitant ...I had someone do my Mod like 10 years ago....but looking to improve what I have....is there any tutorial to update from Aurora from FS3?...can I run both simultaneously? any suggestions would be great!....thanks for your time guys!

Moved from Requests and Suggestions --->Aurora support, coz its better here in place !

Dr.Gonzo.

8 hours ago, Socrates324 said:

Hey guys...I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong forum etc....I have a lot of questions regarding Aurora. I currently run FD3 and have noticed slow booting ..crashing etc....so after looking if there was a update for FSD3 I found Aurora! It looks a lot more user friendly...but the biggest question I have is can you run emulators for SNES...NES etc...I like the load times on Aurora and the layout...seems more user friendly and I would like to try it but hesitant ...I had someone do my Mod like 10 years ago....but looking to improve what I have....is there any tutorial to update from Aurora from FS3?...can I run both simultaneously? any suggestions would be great!....thanks for your time guys!

Moved from Requests and Suggestions --->Aurora support, coz its better here in place !

Dr.Gonzo.

Aurora and fsd can be on the same hdd..

You dont upgrade either, as they are separate programs altogether..

And yes the emulators ARE capable.. i suggest using the retroarch cores posted on this forum.. they work wonderfully with auroras auto launch feature..

Thanks guys....I appreciate your response....the other issue I have is keep running out of space on xbox360 HD.....if I image the HD that is installed and restore the image on a bigger HD will I be able to upgrade it and work fine?...good to know I can dual boot the dashboards...Liking the layout of Aurora and definitively seems to be a better running dash and easier on resources...sorry about all the questions...I am a IT guy but completely green to the modding scene as I always had someone to do it for me....so will follow the tutorial mentioned above....if I have any other further questions or issues could I PM anyone? or should I just keep this thread going here?

You could try using an image however i doubt it'd work.This isn't windows & there's no program that can do what will most likely be required i.e extending deployed image to take up free space of new larger hdd.If the drives were the same size it could be cloned & would work,tho i wouldn't trust any program other than hdd raw copy as others have used it to clone drives on the xbox & ps2 & apparently it works on the 360 (it's a pain filling up 2tb hdd's by ftp),looking forward to my first 360 clone as soon as i get time

swizz'y tut on how to update the dash

http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144.0

homebrew connection

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/how-to-build-a-nand-with-xebuild-1-02/

On 3/25/2018 at 11:02 AM, Socrates324 said:

Thanks guys....I appreciate your response....the other issue I have is keep running out of space on xbox360 HD.....if I image the HD that is installed and restore the image on a bigger HD will I be able to upgrade it and work fine?...good to know I can dual boot the dashboards...Liking the layout of Aurora and definitively seems to be a better running dash and easier on resources...sorry about all the questions...I am a IT guy but completely green to the modding scene as I always had someone to do it for me....so will follow the tutorial mentioned above....if I have any other further questions or issues could I PM anyone? or should I just keep this thread going here?

48 minutes ago, scorpNZ said:

You could try using an image however i doubt it'd work.This isn't windows & there's no program that can do what will most likely be required i.e extending deployed image to take up free space of new larger hdd.If the drives were the same size it could be cloned & would work,tho i wouldn't trust any program other than hdd raw copy as others have used it to clone drives on the xbox & ps2 & apparently it works on the 360 (it's a pain filling up 2tb hdd's by ftp),looking forward to my first 360 clone as soon as i get time

swizz'y tut on how to update the dash

http://forum.homebrew-connection.org/index.php?topic=144.0

homebrew connection

http://www.homebrew-connection.org/how-to-build-a-nand-with-xebuild-1-02/

You can clone, but its not recommended to.. and there are apps for the 360 that will do it.. but as stated, it will just show as much space as the old hdd.. and yes transferring stuff will take a long ass time

16 minutes ago, Socrates324 said:

ok so if I just copy everything over via ftp to my desktop and then pop the  replacement HD and copy it back over...would this work?..

Yup.. the only thing, is you gotta reinstall the avatar data for your dashboard.. thats it