RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
awaisbhalli

Transfering data for new RGH in internal HDD1

Hello guys !

I hope all of you are doing great !

I need ur help/suggestions for setting up my new internal 2TB HDD1 for Xbox360 Slim RGH Corona K17511. I started with formatting the HDD in retail dashboard settings in Xbox to configure to use it as internal HDD1. Problem is i cant move the data which is almost 1.2TB that includes (Content - Homebrew - Emulators - Games) from external USB Seagate HDD to Xbox Internal HDD1. I tried xexmenu, it works for small size folders and files but for some folders randomly it behaves weirdly and it wont copy at all or stops transfer on the way of progress ! I have tried Filezilla and it works only for single files to copy into HDD!. Also i tried xbox360 content manager same as Filezilla!

how do u guys transfer ur data into a new internal hdd !

Any help will be highly appreciated !

58 minutes ago, awaisbhalli said:

Hello guys !

I hope all of you are doing great !

I need ur help/suggestions for setting up my new internal 2TB HDD1 for Xbox360 Slim RGH Corona K17511. I started with formatting the HDD in retail dashboard settings in Xbox to configure to use it as internal HDD1. Problem is i cant move the data which is almost 1.2TB that includes (Content - Homebrew - Emulators - Games) from external USB Seagate HDD to Xbox Internal HDD1. I tried xexmenu, it works for small size folders and files but for some folders randomly it behaves weirdly and it wont copy at all or stops transfer on the way of progress ! I have tried Filezilla and it works only for single files to copy into HDD!. Also i tried xbox360 content manager same as Filezilla!

how do u guys transfer ur data into a new internal hdd !

Any help will be highly appreciated !

1: use the internal file manager of aurora

2: there is a character limit of 42, and can not contain special characters, such as ! Or @... 

3: and it does take time to transfer everything, games and such.. filezilla is problem-matic..

360 content manager isnt for copying the whole hdd, just xbla/god/dlc/tu's.. its not a real ftp client

If you ARE going to use ftp, for some unknown reason.. i suggest flashfxp..

And i dont suggest copying via ftp, since u have an external already.. use aurora or fsd file manager to copy everything.. i do mean copy, as you dont want to "move" stuff and it error out, and u lose something due to this..

On 21.3.2018 at 11:04 PM, felida said:

1: use the internal file manager of aurora

2: there is a character limit of 42, and can not contain special characters, such as ! Or @... 

3: and it does take time to transfer everything, games and such.. filezilla is problem-matic..

360 content manager isnt for copying the whole hdd, just xbla/god/dlc/tu's.. its not a real ftp client

If you ARE going to use ftp, for some unknown reason.. i suggest flashfxp..

And i dont suggest copying via ftp, since u have an external already.. use aurora or fsd file manager to copy everything.. i do mean copy, as you dont want to "move" stuff and it error out, and u lose something due to this..

OMG u are absolutely right !!! This was the special characters issue ! All those folders which had special characters in the name could not be copied into HDD1 as u can see in the screenshot.

I renamed all the folders and tested and  yaaaaay!!! transfers started !

Thanks so much for this help ! Meant a-lot to me ! I literally learnt from this !!!

Did not know about this because i have using data from external USB HDD before.

Just 1 more question , Now i have already copied  (Content - Homebrew - Emulators) into HDD1 one by one and just the Games folder remains and it is almost 984 GB so should i copy it at once through xexmenu/aurora or should copy games one by one .... i mean is there any max limit on xexmenu / aurora?

6 hours ago, awaisbhalli said:

OMG u are absolutely right !!! This was the special characters issue ! All those folders which had special characters in the name could not be copied into HDD1 as u can see in the screenshot.

I renamed all the folders and tested and  yaaaaay!!! transfers started !

Thanks so much for this help ! Meant a-lot to me ! I literally learnt from this !!!

Did not know about this because i have using data from external USB HDD before.

Just 1 more question , Now i have already copied  (Content - Homebrew - Emulators) into HDD1 one by one and just the Games folder remains and it is almost 984 GB so should i copy it at once through xexmenu/aurora or should copy games one by one .... i mean is there any max limit on xexmenu / aurora?

There isnt a max limit.. there just is no popup that says something wasnt copied, nor a error reason..