RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
juanii

Xbox fails to glitch after dashboard update

Hello,

I've updated my RGH'd Corona from dashboard version 2.0.17349.0 to 2.0.17511.0 using xeBuild GUI 2.099 (unofficial) and followed Swizzy's tutorial to create the update file[*]. Then I flashed the update using Simple NAND Flasher 1.4b. After the final reboot, the console took something like 2 minutes to glitch and finally boot, which is way longer than before (it used to boot in a few seconds). I checked the new dashboard version using Dashlaunch and it seemed that the update was successful.

After that first boot I turned the console off and prepared a disk with the avatar files to finish the update process but now the console is not booting anymore, I guess because it's not glitching. There are no red lights or other failure indicators and, as stated before, the console successfully booted once after the update. Is there any chance that by updating the firmware I messed the glitch timing or something like that? Is there any way to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

[*] Also, I did some research of my own since while comparing the flash dump with the generated update file I noticed some discrepancies. In the dump, CB_A version was 9188 (and Dashlaunch reported the usage of Glitch2m) so I used -t glitch2m to create the update file. Also noticed that CB_B version was 13182 and found it was something related to the Winbond memory chips so I also used -r WB4G when creating the update file. After these adjustments, CB_A, CB_B, CD and CE all matched in the dump and update files, while CF and CG were updated from 17349 to 17551.

Regards

On 08/03/2018 at 12:27 PM, juanii said:

Hello,

I've updated my RGH'd Corona from dashboard version 2.0.17349.0 to 2.0.17511.0 using xeBuild GUI 2.099 (unofficial) and followed Swizzy's tutorial to create the update file[*]. Then I flashed the update using Simple NAND Flasher 1.4b. After the final reboot, the console took something like 2 minutes to glitch and finally boot, which is way longer than before (it used to boot in a few seconds). I checked the new dashboard version using Dashlaunch and it seemed that the update was successful.

After that first boot I turned the console off and prepared a disk with the avatar files to finish the update process but now the console is not booting anymore, I guess because it's not glitching. There are no red lights or other failure indicators and, as stated before, the console successfully booted once after the update. Is there any chance that by updating the firmware I messed the glitch timing or something like that? Is there any way to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.

[*] Also, I did some research of my own since while comparing the flash dump with the generated update file I noticed some discrepancies. In the dump, CB_A version was 9188 (and Dashlaunch reported the usage of Glitch2m) so I used -t glitch2m to create the update file. Also noticed that CB_B version was 13182 and found it was something related to the Winbond memory chips so I also used -r WB4G when creating the update file. After these adjustments, CB_A, CB_B, CD and CE all matched in the dump and update files, while CF and CG were updated from 17349 to 17551.

Regards

Try open the new updflash.bin with jrunner put cpu key in and select rgh2 like normal also check the cr4 box.

This will make the console attempt to glitch every 4secs if i remeber right

22 minutes ago, ianboy1987 said:

Try open the new updflash.bin with jrunner put cpu key in and select rgh2 like normal also check the cr4 box.

He/she needs a hardware flasher to replace the nand.. since they did not do reasearch before hand.. and messed up their system.. 

52 minutes ago, felida said:

He/she needs a hardware flasher to replace the nand.. since they did not do reasearch before hand.. and messed up their system.. 

No he/she said had it booted since updated, if is no longer booting at all they will need a hardware nand flasher.

2 hours ago, ianboy1987 said:

But if I select glitch2 and tick CR4, the CB_A version in the updflash.bin is 13121, not 9188 as in the original flashdmp.bin. Also, Dashlaunch reported "Type: glitch2m" in the lower right corner of the screen before flashing the update. Can I safely use glitch2 with CR4 then?

Thanks for your suggestion,

Regards

2 hours ago, felida said:

Actually I did lots of research, read, payed attention, tried to think, asked questions in forums, read again and again for several weeks… I'm still a newbie and evidently I missed something, but probably if I'd just blindly followed the tutorials, the console would not have booted even once after the update. But it did, loaded Aurora, let me run Dashlaunch and confirm the new dashboard version was installed. I've been trying to boot it once again to flash the backup file but to no avail. I guess I'll need to re-flash it with a computer, but I'm not any good at soldering so I'll have to find someone to build me the SD card thing and solder to the mobo.

Regards

1 hour ago, juanii said:

Actually I did lots of research, read, payed attention, tried to think, asked questions in forums, read again and again for several weeks… I'm still a newbie and evidently I missed something, but probably if I'd just blindly followed the tutorials, the console would not have booted even once after the update. But it did, loaded Aurora, let me run Dashlaunch and confirm the new dashboard version was installed. I've been trying to boot it once again to flash the backup file but to no avail. I guess I'll need to re-flash it with a computer, but I'm not any good at soldering so I'll have to find someone to build me the SD card thing and solder to the mobo.

Regards

Keep trying the consol if booted once it should do agen, unplug for 5mins and try agen

49 minutes ago, ianboy1987 said:

Keep trying the consol if booted once it should do agen, unplug for 5mins and try agen

Yep, I'm trying every day whenever I'm near the console, but never did the 5min unplug. I'll try it, thanks. I've just found a guy 3 blocks from home that does RGH so he'll be able to help if it doesn't boot anymore.

I know it's off-topic but, is there something definitely wrong in the following xeBuild arguments for a Corona V4 4GB? Don't know if it's important, but when I teared the console down I could see a soldered board with "DGX v1.2S" printed on it, which I'm pretty sure is the RGH. The arguments are:

-noenter -t glitch2m -r WB4G -a nointmu -c corona4g -f 17511 -b <redacted> -p <redacted> output.bin

Thanks for your help.

1 hour ago, juanii said:

Yep, I'm trying every day whenever I'm near the console, but never did the 5min unplug. I'll try it, thanks. I've just found a guy 3 blocks from home that does RGH so he'll be able to help if it doesn't boot anymore.

I know it's off-topic but, is there something definitely wrong in the following xeBuild arguments for a Corona V4 4GB? Don't know if it's important, but when I teared the console down I could see a soldered board with "DGX v1.2S" printed on it, which I'm pretty sure is the RGH. The arguments are:

-noenter -t glitch2m -r WB4G -a nointmu -c corona4g -f 17511 -b <redacted> -p <redacted> output.bin

Thanks for your help.

The dgx, double glitch chip, probably has been converted to rgx, possibly.. this is where the problem could lie, as it isnt a cr4, so the cr4 option wouldnt be used.. or someone could have used a different timing file.. too many variables in this..

You could buy a different glitch chip, flash different timing file, but all require soldering skills to do.. and you'll still need to research or ask the seller how they did the chip.. the dgx/rgx isnt that reliable in my uses.. I'd suggest getting a cr4, looking into ace chips, or something like em.. 

Dgx is basicly a ace chip, can be flashed with all 15432 firmware, the cr4 check box just trys to glitch every 4 secs, with out it check it will try and glitch every 10 secs it works on every rgh2 type install 

27 minutes ago, ianboy1987 said:

Dgx is basicly a ace chip, can be flashed with all 15432 firmware, the cr4 check box just trys to glitch every 4 secs, with out it check it will try and glitch every 10 secs it works on every rgh2 type install 

dgx is not an ace chip, they are different companies, dgx is team xecuter, same people who made the coolrunners, aka cr4.. dgx stand for double glitch chip, because of the way it worked.. 

The cr4 doesnt glitch every 4 seconds, every rgh2 installs go at 5 seconds, not 10, dont post misinformation.. especially when you obviously know nothing.. the dgx could have been flashed with the rgh1.2(modified for slim consoles) by 15432, it could have not been.. can it take it? Yes, but it is recommended to use the latest ace chips.. as they have better compatibility with it.. it is even in the readme file that comes with the different timing files.. but yeah.. i obviously dont know wtf i am talking about at all

Edit: the rgx is the name of the converted timing files, since the code was released to use regular coolrunners, and the dgx was no longer needed to get cpu keys..

47 minutes ago, felida said:

dgx is not an ace chip, they are different companies, dgx is team xecuter, same people who made the coolrunners, aka cr4.. dgx stand for double glitch chip, because of the way it worked.. 

The cr4 doesnt glitch every 4 seconds, every rgh2 installs go at 5 seconds, not 10, dont post misinformation.. especially when you obviously know nothing.. the dgx could have been flashed with the rgh1.2(modified for slim consoles) by 15432, it could have not been.. can it take it? Yes, but it is recommended to use the latest ace chips.. as they have better compatibility with it.. it is even in the readme file that comes with the different timing files.. but yeah.. i obviously dont know wtf i am talking about at all

Edit: the rgx is the name of the converted timing files, since the code was released to use regular coolrunners, and the dgx was no longer needed to get cpu keys..

I never said a dgx is a ace chip said its basicly the same i can flash my ace with all the dgx timing files

Rgh2 may not be 10 secs it been along time since i not used the cr4 check box 

Not every rgh2 is at 5sec and cr4 has shorter cycles sure was somethink todo with smc , all far outa my leage sure is verry well documented online maby have a read and dont post misinfomation 

38 minutes ago, ianboy1987 said:

I never said a dgx is a ace chip said its basicly the same i can flash my ace with all the dgx timing files

Rgh2 may not be 10 secs it been along time since i not used the cr4 check box 

Not every rgh2 is at 5sec and cr4 has shorter cycles sure was somethink todo with smc , all far outa my leage sure is verry well documented online maby have a read and dont post misinfomation 

You cant flash the dgx file, because they were never released.. the chip came pre programmed.. the RGX files yeah, doesnt mean they will work.. as they were specifically made for the dgx to be converted.. so saying something is like something when it is not,  is where i say stop posting misinformation.. 

I could easily flash the files to any chip, doesnt mean it will work, now.. i have a dgx chip, used it as an rgx, even tried the modified rgh1.2 for slim, still a pretty crappy chip lol.. coolrunner rev D, cr3lite clones, ect have all worked just fine.. for rgh2.. the rgh1.2 says it CAN work on dgx chip, coolrunner rev c, cr3lite, ect.. but it has way better compatibility on the latest ace chips, v3 i think.. AND the ace chips are way cheaper than anything else price wise.. corona needs the crystal since it doesnt have the on board clock.. for timing.. which is the difference between the official coolrunner rev c, and bootleg rev d..

1 hour ago, felida said:

You cant flash the dgx file, because they were never released.. the chip came pre programmed.. the RGX files yeah, doesnt mean they will work.. as they were specifically made for the dgx to be converted.. so saying something is like something when it is not,  is where i say stop posting misinformation.. 

I could easily flash the files to any chip, doesnt mean it will work, now.. i have a dgx chip, used it as an rgx, even tried the modified rgh1.2 for slim, still a pretty crappy chip lol.. coolrunner rev D, cr3lite clones, ect have all worked just fine.. for rgh2.. the rgh1.2 says it CAN work on dgx chip, coolrunner rev c, cr3lite, ect.. but it has way better compatibility on the latest ace chips, v3 i think.. AND the ace chips are way cheaper than anything else price wise.. corona needs the crystal since it doesnt have the on board clock.. for timing.. which is the difference between the official coolrunner rev c, and bootleg rev d..

You cant rgh 1.2 any slim as far as i know there was only ever rgh2 for slims 

S-rgh with speedup smc.bin for slims 

I get what your saying the ace v1 isnt the same as the v3, but the xilinx chip is the same so isit on the dgx 

I dont have a dgx must be getting kinda rare now days, I needed 1 then rgh2 come out so never ordered one

Can a mod remove all theses replys , we was trying to help then got side tracked lol

35 minutes ago, ianboy1987 said:

You cant rgh 1.2 any slim as far as i know there was only ever rgh2 for slims 

S-rgh with speedup smc.bin for slims 

I get what your saying the ace v1 isnt the same as the v3, but the xilinx chip is the same so isit on the dgx 

I dont have a dgx must be getting kinda rare now days, I needed 1 then rgh2 come out so never ordered one

Can a mod remove all theses replys , we was trying to help then got side tracked lol

srgh is basically 1.2 for slims.. it was what i was getting at.. 1.2 is by 15432, so is s-rgh.. and if you read my earlier posts, i put in ( ) the 1.2 is modified for slims.. not the same as 1.2 is phats.. no shit i know this.. dont take something out of context.. 

AND you dont find DGX chips, because they were ONLY used to get the CPU key.. the ECC was released to ALLOW other chips(coolrunners/ect.) to get into xell to get the CPU keys, so TeamXecuter released files to convert the DGX chips to USABLE glitch chips, HENCE RGX timing files..

NOW the chips ARE different, DIFFERENT layouts.. DIFFERENT CODING, ect.. 

AND the replies ARENT useless, as the OP can read and come to an understanding of what chip they have in their system, and the BEST way to go from here, seeing as a person with the skills to solder something in isnt that far away.. they could suggest using an ace v3 for the s-rgh.. OR they can get a rev d, or cr3lite, and continue from there.. 

so let's put it this way:

laymens terms - you NEED a chip with a 48mhz crystal for corona.. ace chips arent coolrunners, DGX isnt ace chips, DGX chips have been CONVERTED to RGX for use outside of just getting the CPU key.. CLONES work just like the original IF they are decent quality.. but thats where ACE chips are recommended, as they arent clones, persay.. 

8 hours ago, felida said:

srgh is basically 1.2 for slims.. it was what i was getting at.. 1.2 is by 15432, so is s-rgh.. and if you read my earlier posts, i put in ( ) the 1.2 is modified for slims.. not the same as 1.2 is phats.. no shit i know this.. dont take something out of context.. 

AND you dont find DGX chips, because they were ONLY used to get the CPU key.. the ECC was released to ALLOW other chips(coolrunners/ect.) to get into xell to get the CPU keys, so TeamXecuter released files to convert the DGX chips to USABLE glitch chips, HENCE RGX timing files..

NOW the chips ARE different, DIFFERENT layouts.. DIFFERENT CODING, ect.. 

AND the replies ARENT useless, as the OP can read and come to an understanding of what chip they have in their system, and the BEST way to go from here, seeing as a person with the skills to solder something in isnt that far away.. they could suggest using an ace v3 for the s-rgh.. OR they can get a rev d, or cr3lite, and continue from there.. 

so let's put it this way:

laymens terms - you NEED a chip with a 48mhz crystal for corona.. ace chips arent coolrunners, DGX isnt ace chips, DGX chips have been CONVERTED to RGX for use outside of just getting the CPU key.. CLONES work just like the original IF they are decent quality.. but thats where ACE chips are recommended, as they arent clones, persay.. 

S-rgh was out befor rgh1.2 and only worked on phats becouse rgh1 was only on phats 

No rgh1 for slims so will never be modifided rgh1.2 for slims

U cant use coolrunner or mattix glitcher or any 3.3v chip for s-rgh 5v chips only

13 hours ago, felida said:

The dgx, double glitch chip, probably has been converted to rgx, possibly.. this is where the problem could lie, as it isnt a cr4, so the cr4 option wouldnt be used.. or someone could have used a different timing file.. too many variables in this..

OK this seems to be far beyond my knowledge, I'll have to take the console to the service guy. I'd rather spend some bucks and get it working than fall into the temptation to solder the SD adapter/cable and completely ruin the board.

There's one thing in my simple mental model that I still don't get: where is this glitch timing information stored? Is it in the RGH (or whathever) chip? Or is it in the NAND? If it's the latter case I'd expect the xeBuild firmware customization/patching to keep those settings exactly as in the original NAND dump… if it's the former, why does the console stop glitching? Is it because the bootloaders' code change and ruins the timings? That's something I thought about before updating my system, and a reason to try and assure the bootloader versions matched in the original and updated binaries.

13 hours ago, felida said:

You could buy a different glitch chip, flash different timing file, but all require soldering skills to do.. and you'll still need to research or ask the seller how they did the chip.. the dgx/rgx isnt that reliable in my uses.. I'd suggest getting a cr4, looking into ace chips, or something like em.. 

Hmm the console was advertised as having a CR4 when I bought it but since I couldn't open it without voiding the warranty I just recently learned that it's not really a CR4. Too late for any claims.

Regards

28 minutes ago, juanii said:

OK this seems to be far beyond my knowledge, I'll have to take the console to the service guy. I'd rather spend some bucks and get it working than fall into the temptation to solder the SD adapter/cable and completely ruin the board.

There's one thing in my simple mental model that I still don't get: where is this glitch timing information stored? Is it in the RGH (or whathever) chip? Or is it in the NAND? If it's the latter case I'd expect the xeBuild firmware customization/patching to keep those settings exactly as in the original NAND dump… if it's the former, why does the console stop glitching? Is it because the bootloaders' code change and ruins the timings? That's something I thought about before updating my system, and a reason to try and assure the bootloader versions matched in the original and updated binaries.

Hmm the console was advertised as having a CR4 when I bought it but since I couldn't open it without voiding the warranty I just recently learned that it's not really a CR4. Too late for any claims.

Regards

The glitch chip is what has the timing file, and open the console only voids the M$ warrenty.. if the person saying it said if u open voids the warrenty, they probably didnt want u knowing that it didn't have a cr4 in it.. cr4 are good, expensive.. you can get a cr rev d, it is a clone/modded rev c, you can get a cr3lite clone, or ace v3 chip,  and have the person near u install it.. the cr4 comes preflashed, the others dont..

the only "real" difference would be more stable boot times.. like i said earlier, ive used the dgx->rgx chip.. wasnt that great in my uses.. wasnt that great in alot of other peoples uses.. 

http://www.modchipcentral.com/store/Xecuter-CR4-XL-RGH/JTAG-SLIM-and-PHAT-USA-Canada.html

$25 for cr4, the other chips are cheaper, and probably way easier to find.. 

As for the sd adapter.. you might not need it, if u replace the chip.. there is that option.. if you're looking to fix it all, then yeah u might need the sd adapter installed, as a backup if the console refuses to boot.. i hate coronas lol

1 hour ago, ianboy1987 said:

S-rgh was out befor rgh1.2 and only worked on phats becouse rgh1 was only on phats 

No rgh1 for slims so will never be modifided rgh1.2 for slims

U cant use coolrunner or mattix glitcher or any 3.3v chip for s-rgh 5v chips only

Im just going to stop talking to you.. because your nitpicking 1 line and trying to be all keyboard warrior..

Ofc rgh1 was never for slims, because slims have always had the split cb, phats didnt.. in laymens terms, anything modded outside of the original method is a moddified version.. is where the fuck i was getting at.. but your simple behind wants to nitpick.. 

21 minutes ago, felida said:

The glitch chip is what has the timing file, and open the console only voids the M$ warrenty.. if the person saying it said if u open voids the warrenty, they probably didnt want u knowing that it didn't have a cr4 in it

Of course I didn't mean I'd lose the M$ warranty but the seller's warranty. In fact this glitch problem happened within the first year I had the console (and that time it wasn't me fiddling with it) and they repaired it at no cost.

Unfortunately most sites selling CR4 won't ship to my country and if they did, the shipment would be more expensive than the board and I'd have to wait two weeks for delivery. A CR4 here is in the $60 - $65 range. If this guy can successfully flash my previous firmware I'm OK with that, boot times were not very stable but under 1 minunte 99% of the time.

Thanks for your help

24 minutes ago, juanii said:

Of course I didn't mean I'd lose the M$ warranty but the seller's warranty. In fact this glitch problem happened within the first year I had the console (and that time it wasn't me fiddling with it) and they repaired it at no cost.

Unfortunately most sites selling CR4 won't ship to my country and if they did, the shipment would be more expensive than the board and I'd have to wait two weeks for delivery. A CR4 here is in the $60 - $65 range. If this guy can successfully flash my previous firmware I'm OK with that, boot times were not very stable but under 1 minunte 99% of the time.

Thanks for your help

You dont need a cr4, thats why i suggested the clones.. as they are cheaper, easier to find, and all that.. maybe the person near u has a spare chip.. the ace v3 chips are less than $10.. and would land you a better boot time as well.. i'd ask..

1 hour ago, felida said:

Im just going to stop talking to you.. because your nitpicking 1 line and trying to be all keyboard warrior..

Ofc rgh1 was never for slims, because slims have always had the split cb, phats didnt.. in laymens terms, anything modded outside of the original method is a moddified version.. is where the fuck i was getting at.. but your simple behind wants to nitpick.. 

No nitpicking just correcting your misstake 

Also note i dint swear once in my reply or state you know nothink dispite your posts

- dgx is a 5v chip is compatible with all s-rgh timming files 

- selecting the cr4 check box in j-runner will shorted the glitch cycle 

Is the points i was trying toake here 

10 hours ago, felida said:

As for the sd adapter.. you might not need it, if u replace the chip.. there is that option.. if you're looking to fix it all, then yeah u might need the sd adapter installed, as a backup if the console refuses to boot.. i hate coronas lol

TLDR: Even having the courage to solder the SD adapter I probably couldn't have fixed the console.

A few hours spent in the service guy's garage but still nothing. He uses AutoGG and, upon loading the original NAND ("original" as in "before my update", not the retail of course) it reported a "Fake CPU key". He said it was bad, though I'm still not sure what it means since I couldn't find any documentation. He then re-created an image from a donor using the same CPUKey and AutoGG turned to green this time. New image flashed and… no glitch. He tried (a looong) full NAND erase and re-flashing the image but to no avail. Not sure what would happen by re-flashing the "original" (backup with the "Fake CPU Key") image, the guy says it's not worth it because it wouldn't work. He's gonna do some more tests, but suggested I try to find the retail NAND, uninstall the RGH and start again from scratch. So the story is still open ended. I'm also deeply hating Coronas.

3 hours ago, juanii said:

TLDR: Even having the courage to solder the SD adapter I probably couldn't have fixed the console.

A few hours spent in the service guy's garage but still nothing. He uses AutoGG and, upon loading the original NAND ("original" as in "before my update", not the retail of course) it reported a "Fake CPU key". He said it was bad, though I'm still not sure what it means since I couldn't find any documentation. He then re-created an image from a donor using the same CPUKey and AutoGG turned to green this time. New image flashed and… no glitch. He tried (a looong) full NAND erase and re-flashing the image but to no avail. Not sure what would happen by re-flashing the "original" (backup with the "Fake CPU Key") image, the guy says it's not worth it because it wouldn't work. He's gonna do some more tests, but suggested I try to find the retail NAND, uninstall the RGH and start again from scratch. So the story is still open ended. I'm also deeply hating Coronas.

If you used simple nand flasher to dump your nand, the cpu key is real.. it created a txt file with it in it.. AND, to get the cpu key, you just need the console to boot into xell.. all of which is achieveable.. this "no cpu key" is bullsh*t lol.. THEN you take the cpu key, create a new nand using donor nand, and go from there.. 

Seriously, you dont need a nand to get the cpu key.. lmao.. the only problem would be the disc drive i think, due to frtc.bin which needs to be pulled from nand iirc.. but since u have a back up of nand that DID work, i assume this is achievable.. 

Edit: and ofc if you create a new nand and patch the cpu key in, it will say it is the same.. like no f*cking sh*t it matches, because you placed it in there hahahahaha (not cussing at you, just stating the obvious here.. dont take offense)

Edit 2: just have the person close to you flash the ecc, boot to xell, and get the cpu key.. why the hell they didnt do this (it is literally the 1st damn step in doing rgh's) is beyond me.. lmao.. the cpukey can not be changed within the cpu.. hence why it CAN always be pulled via xell.. go back to said person and metaphorically "lay the smack down, if you smeeeeellllllll, what the rock is cooking!" <-- sorry only some will get the reference to thay joke..

8 hours ago, juanii said:

Hava a read here

http://www.hackfaq.net/main/s_rgh/

Try rebuild nand using smc.bin included in download

You cant use any retail nand on console inly the console original nand you could build 1 as long as you have the kv that match the console