RealModScene
pattonthompson

Problem with long boot

I have a RGH xbox 360.  It has about 800

games.  It boots straight in to aurora.  Only problem is each time I boot or exit a game and aurora re-loads it takes about 1-2 minutes to scan through every title before going back to coverflow.  I tried turning off “auto-scan” and I opened settings.db and TUScanAtBoot was already set to 0.

I attached a video that shows what I mean.  This might be perfectly “normal” for aurora and thats fone of it is, it is only slightly annoying to wait 1-2 min everytime I switch games.  If there’s a way to turn this feature off please let me know.

6C9091D0-E68D-4243-B56D-FAFDC90AB25A.MOV

There needs to be a new concept and it is not going to change in 0.7 for sure.

800 are many but 2 mins are also really long. Didnt check the video yet, it can be caused by deep paths also.

18 hours ago, pattonthompson said:

I have a RGH xbox 360.  It has about 800

games.  It boots straight in to aurora.  Only problem is each time I boot or exit a game and aurora re-loads it takes about 1-2 minutes to scan through every title before going back to coverflow.  I tried turning off “auto-scan” and I opened settings.db and TUScanAtBoot was already set to 0.

I attached a video that shows what I mean.  This might be perfectly “normal” for aurora and thats fone of it is, it is only slightly annoying to wait 1-2 min everytime I switch games.  If there’s a way to turn this feature off please let me know.

6C9091D0-E68D-4243-B56D-FAFDC90AB25A.MOV

14 hours ago, saywaking said:

There needs to be a new concept and it is not going to change in 0.7 for sure.

800 are many but 2 mins are also really long. Didnt check the video yet, it can be caused by deep paths also.

There isnt a problem here.. there is no additional scanning or anything..

You have 859 games, each title needs to be parsed and loaded.. basically its loading the coverflow n such..

Aaaaaannnnd.. each boot isnt that long

All in all takes about 50 seconds to boot.. your video shows this.. aurora starts at the 0:04 mark.. if you had tu scanning enabled, it would take alot longer.. go ahead and see.. everything works as it should..

Edit: and of course some one with only 100 games would be shorter, just like someone with 1500 games would take longer than yours to fully parse n boot.. 

Edit 2: you want faster boot times? Without lowering your catalog? Not possible.. technically, smart phones are technically way more powerful than the 360, 360 has 512mb ram, and a slow cpu.. its not a damn server pc where terabytes of data is handled, ect.. lololol.. and you should look into how computers work.. each instruction is read, executed, then next is brought up.. quantom processing isnt a reality.. nor would work in the 360..

Well. The boot time is long. I have 1069 games that scans in the same way,but much faster. Perhaps your drive is dying,it is really slow by default,or it need some defragmentation. SSD would be the best. 

23 hours ago, 4life said:

Well. The boot time is long. I have 1069 games that scans in the same way,but much faster. Perhaps your drive is dying,it is really slow by default,or it need some defragmentation. SSD would be the best. 

slow by default, AS 2.5" are mostly 5400 rpms

SSD, or FLASH DRIVE/Thumbdrive, ALL have faster read speeds, so booting would be quicker... if it is a more recent usb drive.. older ones tend to be slower..

I have an xbox 360 slim with the aurora mod and when I turn it on it takes 5 minutes on a white screen that says "xbox 360" then shuts off and does it again do you know how to fix this

4 hours ago, Wolfienator2268 said:

I have an xbox 360 slim with the aurora mod and when I turn it on it takes 5 minutes on a white screen that says "xbox 360" then shuts off and does it again do you know how to fix this

aurora isnt a mod.. its a custom program.. your problem sounds like its using a stealth service.. which we dont help with

The solution to this is to simply allow the content to load in the background, and keep a static database on the hard drive.  I see no reason that it needs to parse all the content before initializing, it just means there might be a delay if you want to get to content towards the end of the alphabet