RealModScene
MKK hanzo

MAME 0.72 2018 Update!!

All the authors in the credits!!

(Download link at the end!)

MAME72_Release4_2018
An update to MAME 72 Release2 for the xbox 360 originally coded by lantus.
new update by Gamezfan.

Sourcecode included in download.

fixed a graphical issue with the midway mortal kombat/nba jam and rampage world tour games.

MAME72_Release3_2018
An update to MAME 72 Release2 for the xbox 360 originally coded by lantus.
new update by Gamezfan.

Sourcecode included in download.

New games now supported in no particular order

Hyper Street Fighter II
Puzz Loop 2
Title Fight
Air Rescue
Baryon
Cute Fighters
Dream World
Gaia : The Last Choice Of Earth
Rolling Crush
FixEight (bootleg)
DJ Boy
Hyper Crash
Gunbarich
Power Instinct Legends
Counter Run
Dyna Gears
Vasara 2
Sonic Boom
Bang Bang Busters
Ghost Loop
Choutetsu Brikin'ger - iron clad
Sengoku 3
Zupapa
King Of Fighters 2001
King Of Fighters 2002
King Of Fighters 2003
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug 5
Rage Of The Dragons
Power Instinct Matrimelee
Pochi & Nyaa
Snk Vs Capcom : Svc Chaos
Samurai Shodown V
Samurai Shodown V Special
Zintrick
Crossed Swords 2
The Last Hope
Cabal (Joystick with 3 buttons version)
Knuckle Bash 2
Denjin Makai
Asura Blade
Asura Buster
In Your Face
Snk Vs Capcom : Svc Chaos (Bootleg)
Bonk's Adventure
Thunder Hoop
Explosive Breaker
Pack'n Bang Bang
Wing Force
Night Slashers
Joe & Mac Returns
Osman
Charlie Ninja
Boogie Wings
Diet Go Go
Chain Reaction
Pocket Gal Deluxe
Hacha Mecha Figher (Unprotected)
Air Attack
Wonderboy In Monsterland (English Virtual Console Version)
Riot
Teeter Torture
Donkey Kong II Jumpman Returns

Games fixed and or now working

1000 Miglia : Great 1000 Miles Rally
Avenging Spirit
Bakuretsu Breaker
Blood Warrior
Driftout 94
Fire Barrel
Funky Jet
Hacha Mecha Figher
Monster Slider
Rogha Armor Force
Snowboard Championship
Street Fighter (Via Added Speedups)
Task Force Harrier
Thunder Dragon
Twin Eagle 2
Progear

Games now with sound or improved sound

Cosmic Alien
Fire Shark
Vimana
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong JR
Sasuke Vs Commander
Fantasy
Nibbler
Pioneer Balloon
Rohga Armor Force
Vanguard
SD Gundam Psycho Salamander no Kyoui
US AAF Mustang
Bio-ship Paladin
Vandyke
Black Heart
Acrobat Mission
Koutetsu Yousai Strahl
Hacha Mecha Fighter
Super Spacefortress Macross
GunNail
Thunder Dragon

Improvements

Small performance boost for the Midway T-Unit and W-Unit games
Added sound support to Fire Shark and Vimana
Added sound support for Cosmic Alien
Added BritneysPAIRS improved sample support to Donkey Kong and Donkey kong JR
New and improved sample support for Sasuke, Fantasy, Pioneer Balloon and Vanguard
Added sound support for SD Gundam Psycho Salamander no Kyoui
Enabled single screen hack for Lode Runner The Dig Fight
Fixed end of game crash in Double Dragon
Fixed random crashes in Rampage World Tour
Added protection simulation for Snowboard Championship
Added dsp handling for Driftout 94 and Twin Eagle 2 both games now playable
Fixed incorrect game logic in Monster Slider game now playable
Small graphical improvements for Biomechanical Toy and Maniac Square
Backported iq_132's Kaneko16 driver B.Rap Boys and Shogun Warriors wont work though
Updated the Deco Protection Rohga Armor Force now playable
Fixed possible crash in Funky Jet by updating Deco Protection
Fixed sound and music in Rohga Armor Force
Fixed 1000 Miglia : Great 1000 Miles Rally gtmr.zip
Added M6801 MCU dump to Bubble Bobble game now 100% Emulated
Updated the NMK16 driver for many sound and graphical improvements
Fixed a reset problem after level 3 in Night Slashers
Enabled breakable backgrounds in 64th street code via BritneysPAIRS
Improved sprite drawing for Gun Force 2

you'll need new samples for these games listed below which are available via
twistys MAME samples site........

Cosmic Alien
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong JR
Sasuke Vs Commander
Fantasy
Pioneer Balloon
Vanguard

gamezfan with code additions via iq_132 and BritneysPAIRS.

BIG THANKS to Trace for compiling!!!

http://www117.zippyshare.com/v/40XM77sk/file.html

• Like 2

On 6/2/2018 at 3:05 PM, Traace said:

you forgot mention me for compile that stuff ;)

meanwhile have fun with this older mame ^^

Ahhhh Trace Im sorry! Fixing it now!! Thanks!!!

• Like 1

On 29/1/2018 at 7:38 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

to bad they didnt add support for the aurora rom launch feature. nice to see an update to something other than aurora though.

It may be because they dont know how it works tho. I requested that feature on the Aurora auto launch emus a LONG time ago :(

21 hours ago, MKK hanzo said:

It may be because they dont know how it works tho. I requested that feature on the Aurora auto launch emus a LONG time ago :(

Tbh, all they need is the block of code that is in retroarchs source on swizzys github.. so there is no excuse for the people who code the emu, to not have it in.. lmao

On 15/2/2018 at 9:29 PM, felida said:

Tbh, all they need is the block of code that is in retroarchs source on swizzys github.. so there is no excuse for the people who code the emu, to not have it in.. lmao

Oh well IDK the details, just that the coder 8Gamezfan) didnt have an 360 XDK to even test the compiled builds. 

3 hours ago, MKK hanzo said:

Oh well IDK the details, just that the coder 8Gamezfan) didnt have an 360 XDK to even test the compiled builds. 

You dont need an xdk haha.. rgh on the otherhand..

but the person could use someone to test, or just ask for the appropriate code.. the team is pretty helpful.. i think swizzy added the code to pcsrx360.. if you could possibly get the source.. it could be added easily..

• Thanks 1

my excuse is I dont care about auto launch feature.

btw its tested on xdk and also rgh. I own both...

felida I share you the source, and you build it in? 2570 postings and always giving constructive suggestions, it must be easy for you to take action on this task.

2 hours ago, Traace said:

my excuse is I dont care about auto launch feature.

btw its tested on xdk and also rgh. I own both...

felida I share you the source, and you build it in? 2570 postings and always giving constructive suggestions, it must be easy for you to take action on this task.

The source to retroarch is available.. in swizzys github.. you just gotta modify the mame source.. then let it compile.. if you send me yours, i can throw it in, and build it.. then post for others here no problem..

Just shoot me a pm with it, and I'll see what i can do, since i do have all the scripts to compile each core

Edit: ofc it would work on either rgh or xdk, but testing i mean you could have someone test the buid.. with the autolaunch feature.. and you dont have to care about the autoaunch feature either, but mkk was asking, so people obviously want it lol..

On 25/2/2018 at 5:14 PM, felida said:

The source to retroarch is available.. in swizzys github.. you just gotta modify the mame source.. then let it compile.. if you send me yours, i can throw it in, and build it.. then post for others here no problem..

Just shoot me a pm with it, and I'll see what i can do, since i do have all the scripts to compile each core

Edit: ofc it would work on either rgh or xdk, but testing i mean you could have someone test the buid.. with the autolaunch feature.. and you dont have to care about the autoaunch feature either, but mkk was asking, so people obviously want it lol..

Awesome Felida! Thanks for the answer! 

I also asked if this specific fix could be ported into the already sxisting Retroarch MAME 360 core:

https://www.libretro.com/index.php/retroarch-1-6-4-released/

MAME 2003 – DCS sound issues fixed! Proper sound now in Mortal Kombat/NBA Jam/WWF Wrestlemania!

mk3_a.png
For a long time, the MAME 2003 core has suffered from an issue where the sound could deteroriate after a couple of minutes for about 30 seconds before restoring itself. This would happen in Midway DCS-based games such as Mortal Kombat 1/2/3/Ultimate, NBA Jam, etc.

A bounty had been submitted by dankcushions some time ago and finally this bounty is on the verge of being completed! It should finally be possible to play these games at fullspeed on something as low-fi as a Raspberry Pi without being put out of the game by sound bugs and being reminded you are running an inaccurate emulated version of the game.

This is just the fix for the DCS using gaes (Mortal Kombat 3 is the most needed IMO). 

Thanks in advance!!!!! (I can test)

1 hour ago, iamadrunkguy said:

Anybody have the artwork to this so it shows up in emulators instead of blank?

Thanks !!!!

Does the emulator even have that coded into it?? That should be the question lol.. I was trying to add that into the retroarch cores that have the auto launch feature..

But from 0.98 to 1.0.0.2, waaaay too much has been changed, and I am limited in my c+ knowledge.. lol.. I've pitched the idea to dreamboy who did the pcsxr builds, as well as the source.. but nothing has come from that.. 

I would think if you could dump the changes from swizzys build, you might be able to add it to a newer, or older version for that matter. It would be a bit of work, but most of the hard stuff has been done already. Also, I was looking the other day, and git hub says that the changes have been merged up stream, so you might be able to build the latest version of retroarch for the 360. I dont know for sure though. I am actually busy building all the cores for the switch at the moment. lol. Going to integrate it into kodi 18, with the retroplayer plugin, among other things. Once I get my base done there, I am going to jump into attacking some of these driver issues with USB, sound, and stuff.

20 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I would think if you could dump the changes from swizzys build, you might be able to add it to a newer, or older version for that matter. It would be a bit of work, but most of the hard stuff has been done already. Also, I was looking the other day, and git hub says that the changes have been merged up stream, so you might be able to build the latest version of retroarch for the 360. I dont know for sure though. I am actually busy building all the cores for the switch at the moment. lol. Going to integrate it into kodi 18, with the retroplayer plugin, among other things. Once I get my base done there, I am going to jump into attacking some of these driver issues with USB, sound, and stuff.

while a lot of stuff is there for the 360.. there also isnt a lot.. such as a makefile lol.. 

they incorporated the widgets and stuff into the xui.cpp.. but there isnt much else defined there to the new updates.. nor has the actual skin and such been modified to implement these changes.. so while the 360 salamander stuff IS there and modified recently.. i dont know if the port would be functional

I dont know, I havnt looked that close, I was thinking about looking at porting the changes, but it said they were merged already. as I said, I am already building it for one system at the moment, and running into all sorts of fun issues. lol. It appears not all cores will build for Arm64 processors. 

4 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I dont know, I havnt looked that close, I was thinking about looking at porting the changes, but it said they were merged already. as I said, I am already building it for one system at the moment, and running into all sorts of fun issues. lol. It appears not all cores will build for Arm64 processors. 

haha.. FUN times.. yeah a lot of changes have been merged.. but it is mostly just folder structuring from what i can tell right now.. 

May I play this game "Run and Gun 2"  on MAME 0.72 2018 Update ?

http://www.mamecn.com/jiejiyouxixiazaijieshao/16400.html

Hi !

Thx for your files, all works on my JTAG 360 !!

BUT,

I can't close a game and come back to menu, to choose another game..

I press back + start,

but nothing.

For me, back=credit P1 and start=Start P1..

Must i do something else ?

Thx for your support !

Hello,

I cannot find anywhere artwork pack. i have the 0.72 rom set in my rgh xbox but i am missing the artwork.

Can someone please help me with this??