RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
redmancanada

Installing Aurora Question

Hi.  I have FSD on my 360 and just realized TU wasn't working when my kids went to play a game that required an update.  From what I read, FSD is done and Aurora is the new thing.  Is there an easy way to get Aurora installed and to work without being too invasive?

Can I just install Aurora to my 360 HD and get DashLaunch to point to the Aurora folder instead on my FSD3 folder?  Do I need to update my DashLaunch for it all to work?

If there is a handy tutorial then I'd appreciate that too.

Thanks!

I dont know that I would call one more invasive than the other. lol. Also, in some ways FSD is more advanced, such as the fact that it works with a kinect, but when it comes down to it, I prefer Aurora, especially with larger libraries. I have like 700 games in my list, and it loads fast, and doesnt randomly crash, like FSD did with my library.

Thanks.  Yes, I am in the same boat.  I have a external hard drive loaded with games so speed would be good.  I just hope I hope I don't have to go through the hassle of updating my kernel and all the headaches I barely remember from years ago.

I'll give this a go and see how it flies.

So far this is dead easy to set up!  Many thanks for the video link.  It appears to see all my games on the USB HDD and is downloading all the TUs now by the looks of it. 

All sorted out and working.  This is a great interface!!!!

Thanks.

Edited by Dr.Gonzo
Postings merged. Next time if you want add information, please use the edit function