RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
4life

Xbox 360 Trinity with Xecuter CR4 XL questions

Hi 

A little more than a month ago i shipped my Trinity 360 to a workshop/modder. (Advertises this kind of mods)

The Xbox worked just fine. No Xlive ban,and barely used.  

I thought this would be a quick fix for him to do. I have been an observer to these kind of mods earlier,but never done it for myself,and dont have the tools for it. Maximum time that i have observed with these kind of mods is 2 days.

For 2 weeks ago i mailed him and he said that this console was especially hard to mod for some reason. Something about it was trouble programming it via southbridge,so he would try direct to NAND ??

Can anyone tell me if this is normal,and what the trouble he speak of is? Any tutorial on youtube i could find seems very straight forward,and some may say easy,so i wonder if something has happened to my xbox. Perhaps bricked,and now he just make excuses.

Does it seem like something is wrong,or am i just worrying too much? 

Not that these Xboxes are rare or expensive,so it is not the end of the world i guess,but i am curious though.

Sometimes the southbridge has issues with read/write from spi. it is rare, and can usually be fixed via reflow. That being said, I mod consoles for people from time to time, and the most difficult console I ever did took a day, and most of that was getting decent glitch times. I have had a few zephyrs fail completely, but those consoles are unreliable at best. You might be waiting, because they dont have the hardware to read/write the nand directly. There are 2 devices that I know of that do this, one being a demon, and the other being the progskeet. each comes with their own issues, such as being compatible with the regular software, easy install, easy removal, etc. On top of that, people have lives as well. Then there is the fact that you are trusting someone you dont know on the internet to do this. There are some trustworthy people, but I usually dont deal with people I dont know, or dont have a reputable business. The person who is doing this for you should have left you a way to get a hold of them.  

• Thanks 1