RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Zane57

New hard drive - cannot scan Games folder

I have bought a 500 G hard drive and transferred games from my old 250G hard drive.  250G had Free Style Dash and Aurora previously.

This time I did not add Free Style. The games I have placed in a folder named "Games" . My problem is that the 500G drive does not find the games in Aurora when I scan. Do you need some files from Free Style for Aurora to work correctly?

1 minute ago, Zane57 said:

I have bought a 500 G hard drive and transferred games from my old 250G hard drive.  250G had Free Style Dash and Aurora previously.

This time I did not add Free Style. The games I have placed in a folder named "Games" . My problem is that the 500G drive does not find the games in Aurora when I scan. Do you need some files from Free Style for Aurora to work correctly?

try re-installing aurora mate.. it might have the old hdd info still in the DB.. 

but to answer your question, no, you need nothing from FSD to use aurora, aurora is a standalone dash..

and a lil bit of advice, dont use a "games" folder, name it something like 360games, and such.. "Game" is default location of ran program, "games" is needed for xexmenu iirc..

if you DO use custom folders, i recommend "360Games" and "XBLAGames"

or just use the content dir as per usual install

What is wrong with games? I use games for 360 games, content folder for live and indie, and OGxbox for OG xbox games, Homebrew for homebrew, and Emulators for emulators. Never had an issue with it. Game is a path, but on the hdd, the path is HDD:\game, not Game:\. In that sense it doesnt make a difference.

3 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

What is wrong with games? I use games for 360 games, content folder for live and indie, and OGxbox for OG xbox games, Homebrew for homebrew, and Emulators for emulators. Never had an issue with it. Game is a path, but on the hdd, the path is HDD:\game, not Game:\. In that sense it doesnt make a difference.

Haha.. what I mean is someone could easily forget the s in games.. 

And it's not always hdd:\game

Could be DVD:\game

Or USB:\game 

Lol.. I was saying that "game:\" is the default path for when an app such as reteoarch is loaded.. the default.xex location becomes "game:\" or w.e..

OK, Ive tried a few things including what was suggested above. Aurora could not find the games. I'm going to reformat and start again. Hopefully better luck this time.

6 hours ago, Zane57 said:

OK, Ive tried a few things including what was suggested above. Aurora could not find the games. I'm going to reformat and start again. Hopefully better luck this time.

you shouldnt need to format.. have you tried actually using the file manager to launch a game?

the only reason aurora shouldnt find a game, is due to not finding the default.xex or god/xbla container..

EDIT:

OR you didnt set the scan depth deep enough.. 9 is a good number

I have reformated and started again. Working now. The games did work on file manager previously and having a longer scan depth work didn't either.

5 hours ago, Zane57 said:

I have reformated and started again. Working now. The games did work on file manager previously and having a longer scan depth work didn't either.

I dunno what to say mate.. 

If u used a fresh copy of aurora, then no problems should have occurred.. atleast in theory.. lol.. could always be that random bug that was causing the issue..

I think perhaps having started with the Aurora that I used on the previous hard drive was the start of my problems. It may have kept some file someone on the system even though I deleted the folder. Thanks for the help and glad its working well now.

21 hours ago, Zane57 said:

I think perhaps having started with the Aurora that I used on the previous hard drive was the start of my problems. It may have kept some file someone on the system even though I deleted the folder. Thanks for the help and glad its working well now.

tbh that SHOULDNT have happened.. lol.. unless you were running aurora while trying to delete it.. as files become locked until aurora cuts off..