RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
RicME85

ConnectX + Windows 10

I know, loads of threads etc on ConnectX but I am really stumped.  I had everything working perfectly fine but was running the Windows Insider build of Win10 and decided to go back to release candidate. So a clean install later, with the bare minimum on the PC for ConnectX to work....and nothing. My PC can see the Xbox 360 via the network tab in explorer and through Neighbourhood, the console however cannot see the PC. At all.

I have followed everything I did previously and numerous tutorials and videos, the only thing I havent done is completely disable Windows Firewall but I have done almost as much by allowing the majority of things through in both inbound and outbound traffic.

I am completely at a loss.

If anyone can offer any ideas before I do another clean install with a different ISO of Win10 and/or set up a second HDD to dual boot Win7 that would be great.

31 minutes ago, RicME85 said:

I know, loads of threads etc on ConnectX but I am really stumped.  I had everything working perfectly fine but was running the Windows Insider build of Win10 and decided to go back to release candidate. So a clean install later, with the bare minimum on the PC for ConnectX to work....and nothing. My PC can see the Xbox 360 via the network tab in explorer and through Neighbourhood, the console however cannot see the PC. At all.

I have followed everything I did previously and numerous tutorials and videos, the only thing I havent done is completely disable Windows Firewall but I have done almost as much by allowing the majority of things through in both inbound and outbound traffic.

I am completely at a loss.

If anyone can offer any ideas before I do another clean install with a different ISO of Win10 and/or set up a second HDD to dual boot Win7 that would be great.

can you FTP?? if so then there is a problem with connectx info

I can use GODspeed and Neighborhood to send files to the 360. The details for ConnectX are exactly the same as before when it worked (I use same PC name and share name). Log in details are all correct. So confused.

The problem is with the smb protocol version. you have to enable the older version as well. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2696547/how-to-detect-enable-and-disable-smbv1-smbv2-and-smbv3-in-windows-and

Follow the directions there, and I am betting it will work for you. Doing so does create a slight security risk, if your external firewalls arent setup properly though.

• Like 1

Built a new PC recently and thus did a clean OS install as I got an M.2 SSD 😎 Was struggling to get things working again....had completely forgot this thread 😆

hi all

am a little bit lost here

i see my folder on aurora but it doesn't download the games cover and the rest of the stuff, anyone have some idea?

thanks

On 1/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

e smb protocol version. you have to enable the older version

i was banging my head against this for a long time, all checked out, but then found a entry in SMB server log of my windows 10 server, and it said that SMBv1 was unisntalled after 15 days of no activity, so i went into programs and features and had it reinstalled. From what i understand, after you do that, it will not auto-uninstall again.

I doubt anyone will see this, but I have a problem. Even after enabling SMB 1 using PowerShell and it's saying true. The folder doesn't show up. I've even tried to use Dash launch and Aurora.

I made sure everything I did was correct. I even followed Modern Warfares tutorial. but no luck