RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
saywaking

[Aurora] Quicker Access to Scripts

This is more a concept, which should be discussed in the first place.

The question is: Wouldn't it be better, if Scripts (certainly Utility Scripts) are considered as a content Type, like "homebrew" but is another type like "Utility Scripts", so the Scripts can be accessed faster through Auroras Main Page, instead of navigating through all the menus?

On 1/1/2018 at 1:20 PM, saywaking said:

This is more a concept, which should be discussed in the first place.

The question is: Wouldn't it be better, if Scripts (certainly Utility Scripts) are considered as a content Type, like "homebrew" but is another type like "Utility Scripts", so the Scripts can be accessed faster through Auroras Main Page, instead of navigating through all the menus?

you can create a custom skin that moves it to the front page.. or a button press.. people have shown in skins that menus can be changed around VERY easily.. SOME elements cant.. but im pretty sure the scripts section can be easily moved to somewhere else..

Yeah i guess so.

I wouldn't want to create a custom skin for that still. It could be official and a setting for the Skin, like "display" Scripts in the coverflow area or something like that, but it's not a must have tho. I can just imagine, people would need to start some scripts manually onClick, in some cases, a quick access would be really a nice feeling. Otherwise, i have to click on several buttons and menus start one specific script.

I don't know yet either, just a thought.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:20 AM, saywaking said:

Yeah i guess so.

I wouldn't want to create a custom skin for that still. It could be official and a setting for the Skin, like "display" Scripts in the coverflow area or something like that, but it's not a must have tho. I can just imagine, people would need to start some scripts manually onClick, in some cases, a quick access would be really a nice feeling. Otherwise, i have to click on several buttons and menus start one specific script.

I don't know yet either, just a thought.

a quick access menu is what i was implying lol.. but technically that is how aurora is setup really.. is everything is a quick access menu sort of..

• Like 1

With aurora 0.7b there is a new skin option that will allow you to create tabs on the main page, so in therory, you could create a new tab in the main section of the skin where coverflow is, and put the scripts menu there. Felida did the testing on that feature, so he would be the one to ask about this. I think this will get more use, if MaesterRowen ever finishes his MP3 library for aurora scripts. He keeps saying once he finishes the back end, it would be cool to see how the users implement a front end for this in the skins, and scripts. Who knows when that will happen though. I think in felida's testing, he used it to start and stop different background music, that was included in the skin he was testing with. He posted a video at one point for proof of concept for the developers, and testers, but I dont think it ever made it to the public. As I said, Felida is the person to talk to about this. 

19 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

With aurora 0.7b there is a new skin option that will allow you to create tabs on the main page, so in therory, you could create a new tab in the main section of the skin where coverflow is, and put the scripts menu there. Felida did the testing on that feature, so he would be the one to ask about this. I think this will get more use, if MaesterRowen ever finishes his MP3 library for aurora scripts. He keeps saying once he finishes the back end, it would be cool to see how the users implement a front end for this in the skins, and scripts. Who knows when that will happen though. I think in felida's testing, he used it to start and stop different background music, that was included in the skin he was testing with. He posted a video at one point for proof of concept for the developers, and testers, but I dont think it ever made it to the public. As I said, Felida is the person to talk to about this. 

OR, you could move the settings to one of the tabs.. lol.. so one tab is coverflow, one tab is scripts, ect.. lol.. ALOT can be done once that feature is released lol.. not just for the music parts ;-D

edit:

i think you mean this teaser video??

Yes that was the video I was talking about. lol. I just didnt want to go find it on youtube, because I am lazy. lol. And essentially what I was saying was move the Scripts scene to one of the tabs, so yes, you understood what I was saying. That feature could also be used to create a better NxE style skin as well. As you said, it gives skin developers alot of options for layouts and stuff.