Jump to content
RealModScene
tinpanalley

Trying to get up to date

Recommended Posts

I haven't updated my system in about two years so I don' t know where I stand with firmwares and so on. What information can I provide about my system to get help figuring out if there's anything I need to update, new developments I should have installed, etc?
Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in order for us to help you out there, we need to know what you are working with. jtag/rgh, drive firmware, kernel version, console type. all of this information is needed if you want us to help you, witout wasting everyones time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

in order for us to help you out there, we need to know what you are working with. jtag/rgh, drive firmware, kernel version, console type. all of this information is needed if you want us to help you, witout wasting everyones time.

Well, I wasn't suggesting that I wanted to waste anyone's time. I was asking exactly what you said, what info would be helpful to get help from others. My point was exactly to NOT waste anyone's time.
I'll put that stuff together.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 5:15 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

in order for us to help you out there, we need to know what you are working with. jtag/rgh, drive firmware, kernel version, console type. all of this information is needed if you want us to help you, witout wasting everyones time.

Took some time to find a free moment for this.

I've got an rgh system.
Kernel: 2.0.16756.0
Console type: 360 S

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Took some time to find a free moment for this.

I've got an rgh system.
Kernel: 2.0.16756.0
Console type: 360 S

Heres the easiest way in my opinion.. use swizzys 360 simple nand flasher to dump your current nand, it will give u everything u need, then update with jrunner or xebuild, then reflash with swizzys simple nand flasher..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

First download this, as it has the latest kernel files and dashlaunch. 

Then follow the directions I posted here. Makes the whole process easy, all it requires is the dashlaunch installer, and xebuild with the files, which are included with my updated j-runner.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Then follow the directions I posted here. Makes the whole process easy, all it requires is the dashlaunch installer, and xebuild with the files, which are included with my updated j-runner.

By, the directions, you mean the five steps where you say, " Try using the updserv option. ", correct? Do I first follow the tutorial that person was following, or just your five steps?

I'm getting this:

---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.18.800
---------------------------------------------------------------

---- { Update Mode } ----
setting forced IP to 192.168.X.XX
attempting forced connection to 192.168.X.XX...success!
connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)

*****ERROR: updsvr on console needs to be updated!


***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to parse info reply from console!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tinpanalley said:

By, the directions, you mean the five steps where you say, " Try using the updserv option. ", correct? Do I first follow the tutorial that person was following, or just your five steps?

I'm getting this:

---------------------------------------------------------------
     xeBuild v1.18.800
---------------------------------------------------------------
base path changed to D:\Games\360\Applications\RGH updating\jrunner 17511\xeBuild
---- { Update Mode } ----
setting forced IP to 192.168.X.XX
attempting forced connection to 192.168.X.XX...success!
connected to Trinity with updsvr version 2 (peek version 2)

*****ERROR: updsvr on console needs to be updated!


***** FATAL UPDATE ERROR: unable to parse info reply from console!

 

Honestly just use 360 nand flasher to update.. just use a flashdrive or w.e.. since your update serv is acting up..

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, felida said:

Honestly just use 360 nand flasher to update.. just use a flashdrive or w.e.. since your update serv is acting up..

I tried following a youtube guide I had used before that does it this way. But the problem was that I couldn't find a version of xebuild that had 17511 on it. Is there one that I missed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Oh, I saw that, but that unofficial one is ok? Why is it unofficial?

Because swizzy didnt update to latest, because there is no reason to update to latest unless you use stealth crap.. we dont support that here.. and the only version you want, is 17349(this removed the fatx format on usb, as well removed the 32gb limit on usb too).. or the one after that.. for game use.. since there isnt any new games coming out, none of them actually require dash 17511..

 

Now, to answer your other question, swizzys nand flasher is just a default.xex that will dump or write your nand.. wont actually update kernel version.. it will dump cpukey and all that as well.. no hardware flasher required.

You still need to use xebuild gui or jrunner to update kernel version and create a new nand..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Oh, I saw that, but that unofficial one is ok? Why is it unofficial?

I use it and do not differentiate between it and the official 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, felida said:

Because swizzy didnt update to latest, because there is no reason to update to latest unless you use stealth crap.. we dont support that here..

I definitely do not want to break any rules here, so I hope you can answer, but could you maybe explain what "stealth" would be? Going online to play with a modded console? Or something more than that? What about just getting game updates?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tinpanalley said:

I definitely do not want to break any rules here, so I hope you can answer, but could you maybe explain what "stealth" would be? Going online to play with a modded console? Or something more than that? What about just getting game updates?

Yeah.. you can ask.. just dont expect much help.. 

Game updates are hosted on unity, for everyone lol..

No need for stealth crap

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, felida said:

Yeah.. you can ask.. just dont expect much help.. 

Game updates are hosted on unity, for everyone lol..

No need for stealth crap

Ok, well everything worked. Thanks for the help, guys.
Well, looking around on Youtube it looks like "stealth" is just people playing online multiplayer. I have no interest in that. I play sports games, offline only, by myself. I'm boring. :lol:

But this "unity" I need to learn about. Until now I was only using the function built into the custom dash. Is there homebrew that accesses it directly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Ok, well everything worked. Thanks for the help, guys.
Well, looking around on Youtube it looks like "stealth" is just people playing online multiplayer. I have no interest in that. I play sports games, offline only, by myself. I'm boring. :lol:

But this "unity" I need to learn about. Until now I was only using the function built into the custom dash. Is there homebrew that accesses it directly?

well, technically, the dash is homebrew, lol.. xboxunity hosts title updates and link server, where u play lan games with people around the world

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, felida said:

well, technically, the dash is homebrew, lol.. xboxunity hosts title updates and link server, where u play lan games with people around the world

Ok, is there a guide here for how to get the updates from the unity site to the console?
What I meant by homebrew is whether there is some application that can be loaded inside the dash that can get updates automatically while on the 360.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Ok, is there a guide here for how to get the updates from the unity site to the console?
What I meant by homebrew is whether there is some application that can be loaded inside the dash that can get updates automatically while on the 360.

You can get the updates directly to your console through Aurora.On your game cover press "Y". A menu will show up(https://gyazo.com/2d9cd6d92cf73dda5a7bfe8e8a19189f) Select and open the third icon from top then press "RB".You will have access to all title updates for your game which is available on Xboxunity(https://gyazo.com/a3e1f93d563666c5793b6c75b6280b60).Simply select them to download.Once the title update is downloaded, press "LB" then enable the title update you just downloaded.It will be highlighted once enabled(https://gyazo.com/60e422c4e1267af9a1c8a172ab320378).Hope that's clear, if not tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Thors said:

You can get the updates directly to your console through Aurora...

Hey, thanks. I appreciate it. I don't have that skin but I think I have the same feature. I was just certain that some of my games have updates but aren't showing up there. Just thought there might be some app to install on the console but I guess not.
Consequently, where do you get skins from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tinpanalley said:

Hey, thanks. I appreciate it. I don't have that skin but I think I have the same feature. I was just certain that some of my games have updates but aren't showing up there. Just thought there might be some app to install on the console but I guess not.
Consequently, where do you get skins from?

Skins can be found here on Realmodscene. In the "Skins, Coverflow Layouts, Scripts and Trainers" section.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×