RealModScene
4life

Possible to make a script that keeps the directory name of the game in Aurora?

Hi

I just wondered if it is possible to make a script that allows every game to use its directory name ? I have a larger library of games (500+) the games is all over the place because of the names the games get automaticly. If they would have the directory name it would look much better.

Example:

Dir name: Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare 

Library name: modern warfare 4

The game then goes under the letter M instead of C.

This is possible to change manually i know,but with this many games in the library it takes some time.

Sorry if this is a stupid request.

Sorry for my poor english.

You should be able to write a lua script that modifies the DB, and then you could do something like

This is not LUA, but it gives an idea

if instr(tolower(game_name),"call of duty") then

new_game_name=substitute("call of duty", "", tolower(game_name))

end

then you can update the DB with new_game_name. Now some of those functions I made up, and others are from other languages, but it gives you an idea of how you could do this. There are ways to do this with regex, and I am sure lua has some similar functions. If that doesnt work, then you could always do it in SQLite browser using SQL queries, which you will need to add to your script anyway. With the script, you can get it to loop through all game names. The only other problem with this script idea, is that when it rewrites the names back to the DB, they will all be in lower case, but that isnt a huge deal for most people.

That's actually an interesting idea. I always name my Directories better than the actual Title.

There are some pitfalls tho, like multi-dvd Game Directories or some other stuff, you have to handle.

PS: We wouldn't have this problem, if the Games would simply have consistent names. If it's not Microsoft's, Xbox Store's or the Publishers/Developers fault, than it's Xboxunity.net (Title-Adders). (ye, I don't know where the Titles come from. Edit: actually, after some thinking, they must come from the .xex file, as you also see the titles offline, so it's the developers fault, but anyhow, i think it's inavoidable, so lets not blame anyone)

I may look into that tho.

The game titles come from the header in the XEX file. This is why if you put a game in a retail xbox, without an internet connection it will ask if you want to play <insert game name here> 

A FTP "Name editor" for Windows could also be a nice solution. Perhaps a save function could be implemented,so that if (or when) a new scan in Aurora defaults the names,you could just apply the saved data from Windows. A database could be build with all the names for others to use too perhaps. I would not know how to make something like this myself,so i dont know if that is possible. But i know others that would like such a tool. 

Limitations in a script with only lower case letters is just fine. It would be much better than the xex default titles anyway. 

You could look at modifying Swizzy's Asset Editor. It was made so people could use custom covers, before there was an option to put images in a folder on the xbox. It doesnt currently update the DB for things like titles, but most of the work is done already, and that feature wouldnt be hard to add. The code for that can be found here: https://github.com/Swizzy/AuroraAssetEditor A few simple mods to the code, and you should be able to use it to modify other data in the DB as well, such as titles.

I wrote a little Script that creates a txt-File which shows you the possible Result, if you want to change this via Script.

The main Problem is, that the Database saved the Directory Paths normalized (lower-case). The Script needs to look in the HDD for the real Directory Names.  We also dont want to change Titles which are in the Content Directory.

The lower-case handling and the actual function (apply) are not available. Go check it out and tell me if the results are worth it to continue this.

PS: I consider this as a "Utility Script"

TitleName2DirectoryName.zip

On 26/12/2017 at 10:50, saywaking said:

Escribí una pequeña secuencia de comandos que crea un archivo txt que le muestra el posible resultado, si desea cambiar esto a través de la secuencia de comandos.

El problema principal es que la base de datos guardó las rutas de directorio normalizadas (en minúsculas). La secuencia de comandos debe buscar en el HDD los nombres de directorio reales. Tampoco queremos cambiar los títulos que están en el directorio de contenido.

El manejo de minúsculas y la función real (aplicar) no están disponibles. Vayan a verlo y díganme si los resultados valen la pena para continuar con esto.

PD: Considero esto como un "Script de utilidad"

TítuloNombre2DirectorioNombre.zip 3.69 kB · 26 descargas

try to use the script but it doesn't work