RealModScene
bogdanval

xbox freezes

Hi there! It's been a while since I use my xb so... the past days I want to play something and surprise... the console freezes no matter what... if I browse games, I run a game, in the dashlaunch settings, aurora settings, or even I do nothing. It's time to look for a new hdd? I manage to make backup of entire hdd (only 60G) but I know there is another partitions that I cant see them (I integrate hdd in to windows from FATxplorer program and tried to view with an partition manager but it appears like an whole drive). About that, it is an tut for partition / prepare the new hdd for xbox or I just put the new hdd in the case and let the xbox do the rest ? I have 3.16 dashlaunch and 17502 kernell (if I remember well). There is another program whitch I can see partitions (network neighborhood like).

I upload the crash log from aurora

debug.log.last

There is a tool for xbox with which you can create the partitions in case you use a thirdparty hdd. You could also do that on pc. i didnt look into the log file but you can find out if the hdd does problems by not using it to be sure.

Freezes send cold solder in the memories or even in the APU. do a test
If your console is lying down, stand up or vice versa.

It's worked fine before... I guess it was happened long ago if it was a cold solder...

l.e. I check the solders tho... and doesn't matter if is lying down or standup

Tnx! I have FATXplorer and I see format tools but I didn't use so far... Ill try hddhakr too, but strange thing is when I make backup FATXplorer didn't "say" anything about bad sectors or something and it work flawlessly without any glitches....

L.E. first, I want to make kernell and dash update...

Not sure which type of console you have, but it might not be a hdd problem at all. Some falcons, and jaspers have issues using the stock SMC power config options with RGH. Just google falcon freeze fix. I have also had consoles using RGH1 type wiring, that had a "dirty" signal on cpu_pll_bypass, that would cause freezing issues, and a cpu_pll_bypass  cleaner fixed those issues. That being said, the easiest way to rule out the HDD is to install aurora, and a game on a flash drive, and remove the HDD. If it still freezes, then you know the problem lies somewhere else. if not, then you know the problem is a hdd issue.

It's a jasper, RGH1 (if I remember -I have somewhere a swizzy's xebuildgui screenshot...) I'll upload some glitch recently made photos... I'm not shure what "cpu_pll_bypass cleaner" means that I have to check all solders (have in plan that) or ... :D anyway I didnt know whitch wire cpu_pll_bypass is. Next step is to try aurora with flash...
here's the photo...

sorry, but I didnt know how to hide... (there is no "hidden content" option in editor?)

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

DSC_0566.jpg

OOO MM GGG !!! I see what "cleaner" means :wallbash: help me with this... what is the idea behind wiring.... what are rules to follow.... If I rewire the yellow one (keeping that loop) beneath those 2 X from heaters it's ok ?

On the another hand, I have pretty much time on boot (5-10 sec). My though was "HDMI handshake" was guilty but now...

8 hours ago, bogdanval said:

OOO MM GGG !!! I see what "cleaner" means :wallbash: help me with this... what is the idea behind wiring.... what are rules to follow.... If I rewire the yellow one (keeping that loop) beneath those 2 X from heaters it's ok ?

On the another hand, I have pretty much time on boot (5-10 sec). My though was "HDMI handshake" was guilty but now...

The hdmi handshake can be patched.. which i suggest.. as the tv might not detect the boot, and the xbox will wait til you swap to and from source.. the patch is nohdmi in jrunner/xebuildgui

:D :thumbup: I know that and I wanted to do it last time but I didn't. It will be done on next upgrade... Till then I have to solve this freeze...

Update... I put another cap beside existing one and now there is about 68n... boot time ~ 4sec. But strange thing I've discovered... (strange are IT ways) I put aurora and NFSMW on a stick... if network cable was plugged in console freeze -no matter when; if not, I was able to play more than 1h... else :D doesn't matter if the ip was static or dynamic the fact was the same: it freeze at a time. Did you encounter same behavior on another consoles ?

Next step.... I want to go to a friend to try on he's network to see if I have same behavior... I'll try to upgrade...

L.E. there is another log other than that from aurora ?