RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
NZMikey

convert games to god help

is there a way to convert the downloaded games from store front to god format or even iso ive got the game on my usb stick and ive tried extracting it but wont let me

39 minutes ago, NZMikey said:

is there a way to convert the downloaded games from store front to god format or even iso ive got the game on my usb stick and ive tried extracting it but wont let me

If you bough the game digitally, the it is GoD format already...... ::facepalm::

• Haha 1

i cant extract it from my usb ive tried horizon but wont let me ive even opened the game folder up on my rgh and its not in god just say data 00-41

This format also works (if you only have the folder DATA is missing executor) but if you want to convert use the god2iso then extract with exiso to xex

13 hours ago, NZMikey said:

i cant extract it from my usb ive tried horizon but wont let me ive even opened the game folder up on my rgh and its not in god just say data 00-41

10 hours ago, Neocazen said:

This format also works (if you only have the folder DATA is missing executor) but if you want to convert use the god2iso then extract with exiso to xex

GOD format is data000 files.. there is a small file at the root folder that is the launcher for GoD games.

@Neo, ii think that small file is needed to convert, dunno, but 360mpgui has all those programs rolled into one, instead of having multiple programs.. just the single one is only neeeded

Yes , but some games just work right (do not lock) if converted with  iso2god ex. Castlevania LOS 2 or MOH Warfighter.

3 hours ago, Neocazen said:

Yes , but some games just work right (do not lock) if converted with  iso2god ex. Castlevania LOS 2 or MOH Warfighter.

If converted without padding removal, all games work in god format.. the problem lies in the default.xex having a media limitation on them.. which is why they cant be run in extracted version..

6 hours ago, felida said:

If converted without padding removal, all games work in god format.. the problem lies in the default.xex having a media limitation on them.. which is why they cant be run in extracted version..

Official GOD games, ex. XBLA agree. Not necessary

18 hours ago, Neocazen said:

Official GOD games, ex. XBLA agree. Not necessary

You dont convert xbla games, they are in their proper container.. i mean iso2god, every disc will work if the padding removal option is set to none, alot of games work with the padding removed, some dont.. some cant be extracted either..

When using extracted games, some of the default.xex has a media limitation, meaning can be run from disc only.. converting to GoD format skips this check due to how the format is handled.. we can call it a "soft patch" as the default.xex isnt actually written to.. you can remove the media limitation from the default.xex yourself.. but TU's wont work as the xex is modified, and whatnot..

ok i understand what your saying but how do i get it out of that format and into .xex format ive tried using iso2god 360mpgui and nothing reads what i open ive attached a picture of what the files look like when i open up the game folder 

Screenshot (3).png

If you want to convert god games to extracted games, you can use GOD2ISO to convert it to ISO image, then use a tool like extract-XISO(https://github.com/timonier/extract-xiso) to extract the xex, and all files from that image. Personally, I would hold off, as this process wont be needed in the future, as there is a new feature that will allow you to do this much easier, but I cant go into details of what it is, or how it works at the moment. 

9 hours ago, NZMikey said:

cheers gavin the only one that gave me a real answer those other two couldnt quite get it but thanks

No, you couldnt quite get it.. there is a small kb file for all god games.. for example:

/48000000/00000002/ - game folder

In this folder, there is another sub folder, as well as a small (kb in size) file.. the subfolder contains all the data00x files..

All of which you could simply verify by converting an iso with iso2god..

You cant do much without that container file.. the data000 files dont open like xbla ones do

Is it possible to do the reverse way I mean convert a normal RGH game with all their files and folder (sometimes thoundens ;) ) into a GOD format with just few files conteners so I can copy the game faster....