RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
shannonclark994

PS4 trainers

I was looking around and I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere. I was just wondering if it's possible or will be possible in the future to have trainers for offline games on the PS4. 

I know it requires softwares to be hacked or something but I'm not very well versed in the technical mumbo jumbo. Would love it if someone could give me an "answer for dummies" sort of a reply. Kind of like layman's terms :P

Trainers arent available for retail systems. You need to wait for a hack that will allow you to run unsigned code on a ps4, then you will need to wait for trainers for your game to be developed.

24 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Trainers arent available for retail systems. You need to wait for a hack that will allow you to run unsigned code on a ps4, then you will need to wait for trainers for your game to be developed.

True, sort of.. there will more than likely be something like cheat engine for ps4/xb1 since they are x86 based.. was theorizing with axr a while back lol

2 minutes ago, felida said:

True, sort of.. there will more than likely be something like cheat engine for ps4/xb1 since they are x86 based.. was theorizing with axr a while back lol

Cheat Engine is essentially the same idea as a trainer. If you want to get super technical, you might as well call it a game genie, or pro action replay, as all of these things work in a similar manner by adjusting ram values to a preset value from the user.

1 minute ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Cheat Engine is essentially the same idea as a trainer. If you want to get super technical, you might as well call it a game genie, or pro action replay, as all of these things work in a similar manner by adjusting ram values to a preset value from the user.

Game genie actually changed rom not ram.. used to cause problems with the actual carts, codes would permanently stick, and didnt have as much versatility as the PAR, or gameshark later.. but yeah.. haha.. just meant that it would be different than what was used on 360.. unless someone decided to code it that way

It is kinda hard to change ROM(Read Only Memory), ROM that can be written to requires being erased first, so if that were the case, people would be suing the shit out of them for erasing their games. ;) RAM is Random Access Memory, which is made to be changed alot on the fly, but doesnt stay after power is lost then returned...... Well, If you freeze it first, you can dump it, but that requires alot of precision timing, and is completely off topic.

On 11/3/2017 at 3:46 PM, gavin_darkglider said:

It is kinda hard to change ROM(Read Only Memory), ROM that can be written to requires being erased first, so if that were the case, people would be suing the shit out of them for erasing their games. ;) RAM is Random Access Memory, which is made to be changed alot on the fly, but doesnt stay after power is lost then returned...... Well, If you freeze it first, you can dump it, but that requires alot of precision timing, and is completely off topic.

Im serious lol.. on the snes, the game genie wrote to rom addy, par used ram addy.. feel free to research..

Ok, you are right, kinda..... What the game genie does on the snes is modify the rom addresses in a man in the middle attack kind of way, instead of interfacing with the ram directly. That being said, I was right also, in the fact that it doesnt actually change the rom on the original game. All of that being said, this debate is pointless, because the way you stated it made it seem like it was modifying the original games rom chip, or that is how I understood it. The disadvantage to the way it does things is you cant disable a code in game, but that is a whole different issue, and the game genie never had an option for that, which can cause issues with some games(eg. S.M.B on the nes with the multi jump code not letting you go up pipes).