RealModScene
hdcastiblaga

Could you put YouTube?

Two options. Someone patches/TU the app to bypass the live checks.

Or you write an own app.

İ could actually build a youtube script but somethings like videoplayback and dynamic xuiobjects etc. are missing :)

The script would give you the option to search, list videos and stream them.

• Thanks 1

Not quite sure how you would stream them with out a html5/flash video player, which is not included in Aurora Scripting. Patching out live checks would probably be the easier option, which could be done with a trainer, but this would need to be modified everytime there is an update to the app. Maybe you could tie it into the built in html5/flash libraries of the xbox browser, but I dont know if this is feasible at this point either.

Scripters wouldn't worry about, how that could work. If the API is giving us the functions, we can go ahead.

Youtube Videos are saved in different formats. One of them is simple MP4.

Videoplayback is already possible with XUI-Stuff. We have Trailers, it's basically the same.

Also RTMP for Livestreams is possible, according to the XDK.

Simple Youtube "Plugins" for Kodi are coded the simple way. You retrieve the information, build your list, and the items are references to the Video in certain formats.

The Main Problem is, that the API of Youtube is changing fast, but let ignore that fact first. :D

All in all, it's more of API Extensions, that i can only recommend.

I hope i pointed out, how powerful the Utility Scripts could be, even if they aren't implemented for those intentions.

5 minutes ago, saywaking said:

Scripters wouldn't worry about, how that could work. If the API is giving us the functions, we can go ahead.

Youtube Videos are saved in different formats. One of them is simple MP4.

Videoplayback is already possible with XUI-Stuff. We have Trailers, it's basically the same.

Also RTMP for Livestreams is possible, according to the XDK.

Simple Youtube "Plugins" for Kodi are coded the simple way. You retrieve the information, build your list, and the items are references to the Video in certain formats.

The Main Problem is, that the API of Youtube is changing fast, but let ignore that fact first. :D

All in all, it's more of API Extensions, that i can only recommend.

I hope i pointed out, how powerful the Utility Scripts could be, even if they aren't implemented for those intentions.

You dont have to point out how powerful the Utility Scripts can be. I already know what is capable with them, I was just pointing out a few caveats that would be difficult to overcome with the current API. Even if you could stream them in an MP4 format, which would be much more bandwidth intensive than flv, or html5, you would still have to find a way to interact with the Video XUI element, which is really restrictive on what it can do. And since you cant currently take advantage of the video card hardware, to do on the fly conversions to formats that would be usable by the Video element, it would be a lot of work. Also, Kodi uses Python for most of its stuff, which in a lot of ways is similar to a scripted version of C, there is a lot more that can be done there, since you can expand the api with an addon .py file. Not saying you cant do this with LUA, but what is included is very basic, and would need huge libraries added with a script. These libraries would also have to be coded for the PPC64 arch the xbox is running, which is a pain also. As you said, to do this, and do it right, you would need more for the API, and possibly a port of FFMPEG, that is tied into the api. Long story short, it is a lot of work. MaesterRowen has been playing with a port of a basic MP3 library, and even that is a lot of work, video is on a whole different level than sound.  

Then YT is not added because it is a lot of work? 

I'm used Google translate I'm sorry if you do not understand

Because

- Native support is a lot of work (XDK App)

- Patching the app is researching and Reverse Engineering is a lot of work. No one can say if it will work for ever, as there are API updates  an APP updates

- We can't use generated/dynamics Lists with controlled XUI Objects and especially  video Element in Gizmo Scenes, yet