RealModScene

Hi,

This Script gives you the ability to manage your Console-Temperature directly with Aurora.

Script:

Icon:  tempManagerIcon.png.aaeba5e9f6967062f5e79c986d0c0913.png

Name: Temperature Manager

Description: "This script displays and manages your fan speed and target temperatures."

What it does:

- Displays you the current CPU, GPU, RAM and CASE Temperature in Celcius (°C)

- Displays you the current FAN-Speed

- The Values are updated every Second (live), without refreshing the Scene

- Optional: Sets the Target Temperatures permanently(requires reboot)

- Optional: Sets Fan-Speed temporarily. (lost after reboot)

Screens

tempManager1.thumb.png.31ccb187c2a3ba6c71041a8f59200efb.png

tempManager2.thumb.png.1d04a8db88102f6d3a67a7e58943f925.png

tempManager3.thumb.png.46d8e82721e398e3f811dba55ddf8957.png

Why did i create this?:

Hmm, don't remember.

What are the benefits?:

- You can watch temperatures live

- You can set permanent target Temps  (Reboot required)

- You can set temporary Fan-Speed        (no Reboot required)

- You can finally stop for asking Fan-Speed Features :D

Disclaimer

Be aware. Even though the given values should be in a safe range, i don't recommend setting anything above 70°C  and under 30% Fan-Speed. If your console burns down, i won't help you.

Is it final?:

It's Version 1.0

Anyone who wants to contribute, can report Bugs, Suggest Features/Fixes or extend by using GitHub or this Thread.

Where is the download?:

When it's released, with the Aurora Script Repo, you can download it directly to your console.

There was a canceled Version: TemperatureManagerCanceledVersion.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 6

This is much better than what I released a year or so ago. I would recommend using this, as it has a much better representation of what is going on, and gives you the ability to easily change values. I tried to keep my script as simple as possible, as I wrote it on a lunch break while I was working. lol. That being said, keep up the good work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, salah.rgh2 said:

Good work :)How long is released !

There is one thing missing, current Fan Speed. I hope we can get it sorted out somehow. Everything else is working fine. If you want to test it early, you can pm me.

41 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

This is much better than what I released a year or so ago. I would recommend using this, as it has a much better representation of what is going on, and gives you the ability to easily change values. I tried to keep my script as simple as possible, as I wrote it on a lunch break while I was working. lol. That being said, keep up the good work.

Your scripts inspired me too. Credits on you.

• Thanks 1

I see no reason why it shouldnt work on an xdk, assuming your xdk lets you run retail built apps like aurora. If you cant run aurora on your xdk, then the script will not work. You can always dump the nand, and adjust the smc yourself though, assuming you have a hardware flasher, and the know how to inject the new smc back into the nand image you dumped, as unless it is RGloader on an RGH, it will be more difficult to adjust these values.

7 hours ago, Traace said:

Might work on XDK ? That would be awesome, since there is no dashlaunch :)

7 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I see no reason why it shouldnt work on an xdk, assuming your xdk lets you run retail built apps like aurora. If you cant run aurora on your xdk, then the script will not work. You can always dump the nand, and adjust the smc yourself though, assuming you have a hardware flasher, and the know how to inject the new smc back into the nand image you dumped, as unless it is RGloader on an RGH, it will be more difficult to adjust these values.

i am pretty sure that scripts will work.. aurora has no problem itself running on xdk, freestyle plugin and link dont.. but that is expected lol

The scripts are developed for Aurora, which itself uses LUA for many internal stuff. İf Aurora and the used APİ works on XDK, the script should be working.

4 hours ago, saywaking said:

The scripts are developed for Aurora, which itself uses LUA for many internal stuff. İf Aurora and the used APİ works on XDK, the script should be working.

I'll bust out my xdk tonight and check.. lol.. i dont see a reason it shouldn't tho.. as it doesnt require dashlaunch n stuff...  

Thanks for the answers. I'm looking forward for your test results @felida .

In fact we got 3 real XDK's here (aurora runs fine without plugins tho), they would like new fan settings, the nands are dumped of course but set smc by hand takes to long for me.

Something that takes less than 5 minutes per console takes too long..... Yet you have actual dev kits, which means you are potentially a developer? Tracking a bug takes in any software can take longer than that. lol.

38 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

Something that takes less than 5 minutes per console takes too long..... Yet you have actual dev kits, which means you are potentially a developer? Tracking a bug takes in any software can take longer than that. lol.

and considering the fanpatch xexs are easily found.. hahaha..

Have you reached the current speed of the fan Or still is ! .... I tried a script  Which you sent and it works well 

3 hours ago, saywaking said:

I haven't and i can't till API Update. I hope @MaesterRowen got my message, that this is needed, to have a release with Aurora 0.7b

I dont recall that being in the script function updates. There is stuff for uploading, stuff for downloading, a few things for xui, but nothing about getting current fan speed. I will add it to the feature request stuff where the devs and testers post notes, but I dont know if it will come in 0.7b.

edit: Added it to the new feature tracker.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It takes a bit more than 5 min to edit the nand and inject it back via hardmod.

However, I got the fan xex patches but they are not so suitable for us. We like to edit max temp and let SMC do the fan speed then, something that these fan xex patches can't. They set the fan to fixed speed. But this Plugin seems to do the job :) | @saywaking you got PM

9 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

edit: Added it to the new feature tracker.

Thanks. I think, this should be something, that can be added quickly without any complication.

On 1/14/2018 at 4:27 AM, saywaking said:

Thanks. I think, this should be something, that can be added quickly without any complication.

Unfortunately, there is not a way to get the current fan speed from the xbox system- no readily available variable that is holding that information- likely because fan speed is so volatile.

What we did in FSD3.0 was when a user set a fan speed, we would store that speed in our database so that when you opned the fan configuration scene, it restored that setting and also, did the same thing at boot.

One solution might be to store the setting your self.  Possibly have your script set up to runitself in main.lua or something so it can behave similar to what was done in FSD3.0.

Hmm that's bad. İ can't imagine why something has a setter but no getter yet, but i guess there is nothing to do.

The fan speed setting is intended to be temporary anyway, so i never needed to store the current speed. İt would have been just easier to listen and decide whether you have to go lower or higher from the current fan speed. İ can store that information, but its only needed, when a permanent setting is wanted, which was never recommended. İ dont want to edit the main.lua thing to set up an autostart functions, before there is no good autostart concept implemented. İ want the script to set up autostart stuff or a special directory where people can place their autostart script files. Editing an already edited file would be not good at all.

İ think this will change some of the concepts.

What do the users wish? Permanent fan speed or the less dangerous temporary fan speed?

I cancel this, as it's deprecated. I'll split the Target Temperature and Fan Speed into two different Tools. The canceled version is attached in the first post.

Well, i tried to split this, but it wasn't as good as the original one.

Therefore, i decided to revive this and optimize the usablity. There will be a Version 1.0 soon in the Repos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saywaking said:

Well, i tried to split this, but it wasn't as good as the original one.

Therefore, i decided to revive this and optimize the usablity. There will be a Version 1.0 soon in the Repos.

Well, good luck :)