RealModScene
s8n

X-Clamp removal and apply new Thermal Paste , need tips

hi members ,  i want to learn how to remove the X-Clamps on my 360's and apply new Thermal Paste.  What i need to know are there any risks like RROD if i remove the Clamps (yes slightly paranoid) and what method do i apply the Thermal Paste

i have done my PS3's Thermal Paste with Arctic Silver 5 with success ,  so i'm hoping to do my 360's as well.  I can't find a official TX Removal Tool but i found a knockoff on Aliexpress ,  i plan to get one of those to remove the Clamps.

i found a video below on how to reapply new Thermal Paste ,  is this what i should be doing ?

chat soon

The only risk to removing the x-clamp is how you do it. EG. if you dont have the tool to do it, and are using needle nose pliers or a flat head screw driver, and your hand slips, you could knock a component off the board. Just be careful, and everything will be fine. Also, make sure you get all the old stuff off, or the residue will interfere with the thermal transfer.  

thanks for the tips glider ,  i have purchased a copy TX Clamp Removal Tool it should be here in a few weeks.