RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Photonica

best Guide for setting up jtag X360

Hello All,

I recently dug out an Xbox 360 I had and decided to hack into it.  

i started with dash 2.0.6690.0 so i didnt have to do the RGH thing which was good.

I got the J-runner thing working and had fun getting xell reloaded working and put dash version 16202 in place.

I really have no idea what i am doing so i figured I would just ask.

I would like to change the 20 gb hard drive i have to 1tb. 

I want to put some of these games i have on the hard drive so they can be played from there.

I just want to make this thing easy for my daughter to use, but i am worried she will mess up the disks I have.

if someone could point me in the right direction I would be very thankful.

High 5 to the guys that set this site up. Thanks.

Cheers,

Jeff

First thing, you will need to do is flash the disc drive, as it didnt get the firmware update for XGD3, which didnt come until 13599+, so any game that came out after that wont be readable/playable from disc until you do. After that, I would suggest installing aurora. Simplest way I know of to do that is to put 2 copies on a flash drive, one for running, and one to copy to the HDD. Create a launch.ini file on at the root of the flash drive with the default launch option pointing to usb:\<path to aurora 1>\aurora.xex plug it into the xbox and turn it on. Then while in aurora copy the second version to hdd:\aurora, and copy the launch.ini file, excepting that you have to modify the default path to be hdd:\aurora\aurora.xex. As for the 1tb hdd, just drop it in the case, and format it with the xbox. it is as simple as that.

You also might want to upgrade your dash to 17511, as 16202 is old, and make sure that you are also running dashlaunch 3.18.1. For more information on general RGH stuff, I would suggest looking at 

This thread was something I cooked up a while back, and while some of the information might be dated(Such as app versions, dash versions, etc), it is all still relevant, as the process hasnt changed. It does have the launch.ini I use on my RGH, but you can ignore the the other paths that are not default, as one will launch xell on boot, and the other switches nands if you have a demon with the latest firmware, that is wired properly, which in this case you do not, and fakeanim lets you change the boot animation. good luck. if you are just looking for the launch.ini, it is the first hidden content in the second post.

9 hours ago, Photonica said:

Hello All,

I recently dug out an Xbox 360 I had and decided to hack into it.  

i started with dash 2.0.6690.0 so i didnt have to do the RGH thing which was good.

I got the J-runner thing working and had fun getting xell reloaded working and put dash version 16202 in place.

I really have no idea what i am doing so i figured I would just ask.

I would like to change the 20 gb hard drive i have to 1tb. 

I want to put some of these games i have on the hard drive so they can be played from there.

I just want to make this thing easy for my daughter to use, but i am worried she will mess up the disks I have.

if someone could point me in the right direction I would be very thankful.

High 5 to the guys that set this site up. Thanks.

Cheers,

Jeff

Thread moved from Tutorial Section to ----> Xbox other Topics. The Tutorial Section is for Tutorials only !

Dr.Gonzo.