RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
laukinming

Extracting DVDs using FSD

I hope that this discussion is welcomed.

Before deciding to get my XBOX360 RGHed, I never found out that I can get my 360 original discs extracted to the internal/USB hard drive.

My question is: how versatile is the DVD extraction function on FSD/Aurora? Are there any original disc games that are too "stubborn" to extract to the hard drive and work as per the latest Dashboards available?

The priority of this question is not of essence; I am merely curious.

3 hours ago, laukinming said:

I hope that this discussion is welcomed.

Before deciding to get my XBOX360 RGHed, I never found out that I can get my 360 original discs extracted to the internal/USB hard drive.

My question is: how versatile is the DVD extraction function on FSD/Aurora? Are there any original disc games that are too "stubborn" to extract to the hard drive and work as per the latest Dashboards available?

The priority of this question is not of essence; I am merely curious.

Aurora script makes GoD, FSD makes extracted

No, I would not compare extracting games to rocket science. I can teach a 3 year old to extract games, but try teaching them the physics, chemestry, and trigonometry required to design and build a rocket and I would probably be slamming my head in to a brick wall after 10 minutes. 

Actually, it would be more useful if Aurora could be able to provide both, GOD and normal. That's a +feature on the development list.

16 hours ago, laukinming said:

So whatever the Dashboard, would you compare the feature with rocket science? :)

I think you mean which is more harder to use.. both are relatively easy.. I'd say stick with the GoD conversion(aurora), easier in my opinion..

aurora can do extracted games. There just isnt a script for it. All you have to do is write a script that would recursivly copy all files from DVD:\ excepting the $SystemUpdate folder. Or you can just select all files in from the dvd in the filemanager and copy them to a folder in your game directory, and then rescan for new content. It is not rocket science either way. 

All of the games are copy-protected. That protection is in the way the disc is written, so you cant put it in a computer drive and copy it. To create an iso file, you need an 0800 drive(Phat drive with custom firmware just for this), or an X360USBPROV2 and a drive for the xbox360 you have the dvd key to. That being said, the xbox can copy the files off of the drive, as it is made to read the discs as they are. The reason some games dont work as extracted rips has nothing to do with copy protection, but the filesystem on the hdd. The discs can have longer file names than the xtaf partition can handle, so in some cases key files dont get copied when you rip them. If you create a GOD container, this rule doesnt apply, as this is like putting the files in a compressed format the xbox can mount it as a disc, so it works. This way, you dont run in to that issue. The reason some people prefer extracted rips is because they can remove system update files, and/or modify the game files for what ever reason they see fit. ;) A good example would be NFS:Rivals, which on a RGH, as an extracted rip required you to extract the content file that gets installed into the game directory also, or else it wouldnt find it. Never did find out why.

Keeping what you just said in mind, should I anticipate problems with FSD copying DVD games to the USB hard drive with an unflashed disc drive?

That was what I meant, not directly making a copy of a raw XBOX 360 retail disc into an ISO image to the hard drive. I am sorry for not being clear.

The only issue you will have is if you are trying to rip an XGD3 game, as your drive wont read it. FSD just copies the files from the disc if the drive isnt flashed with a firmware that supports xgd3.

Sorry, I got my threads mixed up, if the console is being RGHed then the drive should already have the firmware needed to read the discs, and you shouldnt have a problem. Another thread that was posted last night was asking about doing this on a freshly done JTAG, which is where the drive firmware becomes an issue. If your console started on dash 13599+ before it was hacked, you already have a firmware that can read all game discs, excepting burned discs, as that does require flashing. As for the downloading of games, we wont ever suggest that, as it is still piracy, even if you own the game. Would it guarantee it to work.... That really depends on if the person who ripped the game truncated the disc.

Just found out from the guy who sold me the XBOX 360 that the XBOX 360 was flashed into a spoof drive. I don't know why he told me this, but I thought I should pass that information to the discussion.

Now, would that information be important if I just use my retail discs to rip to a connected drive (e.g. USB, HDD)?

Remember, I don't want to pirate; I want to backup my retail games.

Thank you.

If the drive is the same type of drive that was in the console originally, it doesnt make a difference. If it was a different type of drive, and it was a retail, then your console would probably get banned. As long as the DVD key in both the KV, and on the drive match, and the drive can read discs that are XGD3, then you should be good.

Yes, xbox live. There are firmwares to get benq drives to pretend to be liteon drives(and such) mostly pre XGD3, and such. using these firmwares on a retail console will get you banned. On an RGH, it doesnt matter. if the console sees games that came out after 13599, you are fine, unless you are playing on xbox live. I dont know how I can make that anymore clear. There is a ton of information on these things all over the internet. Now, you say spoofed, but that doesnt really tell me much, as the person who did it might have just replaced the drive with the type of drive that matches the osig in the keyvault, and just flashed the drive with the propper key. They might have also spoofed the key from a drive, and changed the osig in the KV. They might have flashed a different drive with the propper key, but the osig doesnt match. Long story short, spoofed could mean any of those things, and on an RGH, it doesnt matter. It will only matter if you choose to dual nand the console. I dont think I can be any clearer than that, so if you have further questions, talk to the person you got the console from, and do some research on the topic. 

OK gav, I will.

Sorry for bothering you with the pointless questions, it's just that I'm not too hardware-savvy when it comes to console internals.

Thanks! :)

j'ai un problème avec ma console xbox Freestye .quant le j' extrais des jeux avec le programme de freestyle sa commence a extraire puis sa s'arret subitement sen termine pouvez vous me dire comment résoudre le problème??????