Jump to content
RealModScene

Recommended Posts

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a LUA Script allowing access to friends from xbox unity from using other scripts, or your own. Then if you could make a party chat for your friends to talk to them in game and from Aurora dash. I would also like the party option to be on the pop up dash, in the same part as joining xbox link/unity. But also it justing being a script works to. If possible to have the party chat script or in, pop up dashboard. To has access to xboxunity website friends list to create a party on the website and you join from website. Finally to have the option to join anyone or create your own party on xboxunity site. So the choices are run party chat from xboxunity site, 2nd to run on jtag/rgh from scripts menu on aurora dash, 3rd to have the option on the pop up dash.

A special please and thanks if created and for reading my suggestion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jumbo_Blunt said:

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a LUA Script allowing access to friends from xbox unity from using other scripts, or your own. Then if you could make a party chat for your friends to talk to them in game and from Aurora dash. I would also like the party option to be on the pop up dash, in the same part as joining xbox link/unity. But also it justing being a script works to. If possible to have the party chat script or in, pop up dashboard. To has access to xboxunity website friends list to create a party on the website and you join from website. Finally to have the option to join anyone or create your own party on xboxunity site. So the choices are run party chat from xboxunity site, 2nd to run on jtag/rgh from scripts menu on aurora dash, 3rd to have the option on the pop up dash.

A special please and thanks if created and for reading my suggestion.

 

1 hour ago, saywaking said:

see

 

Tbh, something like this was done before, LiNKChat, but that is discontinued.. but with the jrpc plugin, you can use the xnotify stuff, and get popups when someone messaged you..

 

Someone just needs to figure out how to make it work based off 360, instead of a server

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, saywaking said:

Aurora Plugin Development. That would be interesting, yes.

This is already being worked on, has been for a couple of years now...... It is called Nova, and LinkV2. Truth is Nova will come out before LinkV2 does. The current progress on Nova is mainly updates to the plugin source to get it up to date and some bug fixes. Also being worked on in that department is the WebUI. Once they get the base stuff done, the LinkV2 stuff will be added, and tested.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To hear all this good news is great. I wish I could help in a way. Im signing up for school and start next year. How many people would be online in beta probably on LiNKv2? Anyone also possibly know any ways to get in on beta? If you would like me to expand on my rep, and have beta offer pm me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jumbo_Blunt said:

To hear all this good news is great. I wish I could help in a way. Im signing up for school and start next year. How many people would be online in beta probably on LiNKv2? Anyone also possibly know any ways to get in on beta? If you would like me to expand on my rep, and have beta offer pm me.

There was a whole list of people who were asked to help test this when it is ready, like 2 or 3 years ago. I dont know the status on the actual testing timeframe, or when it will be open for those testers to test it, or how many of them are still interested in testing it. That being said, the only people I can guarantee will be asked to test this are the active testers for aurora, who already know who they are. I can say this, if you ask to test, you probably wont be testing. The team looks for a certain skill set in testers. Most of us are amateur programmers, IT people, skin developers, mod chip installers, etc. The general people in the scene dont contribute to the scene, or actually understand how their RGH works. It is hard enough to develop and test this stuff, for the people who know what they are doing. The last thing we need is people testing this stuff, who dont know how to fix their consoles if they break while testing builds, or people who have never bug tested software. The first testing of Linkv2 will be a small group of people(10-15) to make sure the service can handle a decent number of connections. After that it will be included with the publically available Aurora and Nova, which will then be the final test of the service, as the whole of the aurora userbase will be connected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

There was a whole list of people who were asked to help test this when it is ready, like 2 or 3 years ago. I dont know the status on the actual testing timeframe, or when it will be open for those testers to test it, or how many of them are still interested in testing it. That being said, the only people I can guarantee will be asked to test this are the active testers for aurora, who already know who they are. I can say this, if you ask to test, you probably wont be testing. The team looks for a certain skill set in testers. Most of us are amateur programmers, IT people, skin developers, mod chip installers, etc. The general people in the scene dont contribute to the scene, or actually understand how their RGH works. It is hard enough to develop and test this stuff, for the people who know what they are doing. The last thing we need is people testing this stuff, who dont know how to fix their consoles if they break while testing builds, or people who have never bug tested software. The first testing of Linkv2 will be a small group of people(10-15) to make sure the service can handle a decent number of connections. After that it will be included with the publically available Aurora and Nova, which will then be the final test of the service, as the whole of the aurora userbase will be connected.

I think there are some ways to do it, like with python you can write/read from a txt file, or w.e.. just figuring out how to incorporate it to 360, would you use a server, or use the hdd itself, to write/read to? And do like saywakings script does, and when you want to read the msg, just open the text file.. but as i said.. figuring out what and how, is the bottleneck of this feature..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought there was an example in the SDK, and im sure it will be possible. Either way peer to peer or with a server. The developsers of nova probaly will get this working :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Andy Banger said:

I thought there was an example in the SDK, and im sure it will be possible. Either way peer to peer or with a server. The developsers of nova probaly will get this working :)

The example is the SDK uses the xbox live service. For this to be effective, we need a server app on xbox unity to handle logging of all messages. SMTP(Or an email server) that is connected to Unity accounts, would work. Then all that would be needed is a basic client on the xbox side built into Nova, which will be loaded automatically with Aurora 0.7b. Then all you need is a way to type messages, which is one of the holdups, as getting the on screen keyboard to work in Hud Space is a very tricky ordeal. Ro has gotten a basic messaging service working, but it required a chatpad, or a usb keyboard attached to the console. Even then, this is already a planned feature for Link V2, which is going to change the fundementals of how link works. Currently, every thing is request based via http/https, which is easy enough to implement, but slow. The basic VPN is going to stay the same, because without it, the service wont work at all. So, when it is done, there will be a new server, that is running it's own custom protocol, that will handle everything much better, and speed up the process immensely. It is a long way off, as we are just now getting to releasing the first version of Nova, which is basically a bug fix/backend upgrade version of the FSD plugin with better API handling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

The example is the SDK uses the xbox live service. For this to be effective, we need a server app on xbox unity to handle logging of all messages. SMTP(Or an email server) that is connected to Unity accounts, would work. Then all that would be needed is a basic client on the xbox side built into Nova, which will be loaded automatically with Aurora 0.7b. Then all you need is a way to type messages, which is one of the holdups, as getting the on screen keyboard to work in Hud Space is a very tricky ordeal. Ro has gotten a basic messaging service working, but it required a chatpad, or a usb keyboard attached to the console. Even then, this is already a planned feature for Link V2, which is going to change the fundementals of how link works. Currently, every thing is request based via http/https, which is easy enough to implement, but slow. The basic VPN is going to stay the same, because without it, the service wont work at all. So, when it is done, there will be a new server, that is running it's own custom protocol, that will handle everything much better, and speed up the process immensely. It is a long way off, as we are just now getting to releasing the first version of Nova, which is basically a bug fix/backend upgrade version of the FSD plugin with better API handling. 

Oh nice to hear, im not that advanced with the behind the scenes stuff, but well im glad to learn new stuff tho :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×