RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
laukinming

Default Requirement for Adding Game Covers

Without an Internet/wireless network connection, does FSD automatically add game covers for XBOX360 once the RGH/JTAG versions of the games are added to the USB hard drive and recognised?

Or do I need to use a connection to connect to the Internet to do it?

1 hour ago, laukinming said:

Without an Internet/wireless network connection, does FSD automatically add game covers for XBOX360 once the RGH/JTAG versions of the games are added to the USB hard drive and recognised?

Or do I need to use a connection to connect to the Internet to do it?

You need an internet connection to download things from the internet..

https://youtu.be/XNZFdZnYR44

OK, perhaps I didn't address my question clearly.

I know I need an Internet connection to download things.

What I want to know is if I need to make preparations to ready my XBOX 360 to my network if one of my PCs was to connect to the FSD Web UI on my 360. For instance, should I invest in a wireless adapter for my 360 as my router is wireless and with four Ethernet connections?

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all Canadians by the way.

14 minutes ago, laukinming said:

OK, perhaps I didn't address my question clearly.

I know I need an Internet connection to download things.

What I want to know is if I need to make preparations to ready my XBOX 360 to my network if one of my PCs was to connect to the FSD Web UI on my 360. For instance, should I invest in a wireless adapter for my 360 as my router is wireless and with four Ethernet connections?

Happy Thanksgiving Day to all Canadians by the way.

Ok, there are multiple ways to accomplish what you mean..

1. Either use a cheap router and cut off Wi-Fi and will make it a switch hub.

2. Use wired connection and bridge pc/360 connection and use pc wifi..

Wifi is super fucking slow on 360, opt for wired connection

Thank you, I believe that answer my question.

Kind regards.

EDIT: I believe I still have one more Ethernet slot on my wireless router; I'll use it.

EDIT: Just one question: do you, felida, use only wired? I hope it's not too "none of my business" to ask.

14 minutes ago, laukinming said:

Thank you, I believe that answer my question.

Kind regards.

EDIT: I believe I still have one more Ethernet slot on my wireless router; I'll use it.

EDIT: Just one question: do you, felida, use only wired? I hope it's not too "none of my business" to ask.

I use wired, yes.. lol.. wifi on 360 only equates to 300kb/s, wired is up to 11Mb/s..

I ran a 50ft cord to an old router, then made it split into my setup..

Well, the main purpose of me using a network connection is to get game covers, so I guess I'll listen to you .

Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving!

I also use wired to my xbox. Thanksgiving isnt for a month and a half. That being said, your network configuration is on you. Personally, I use WIFI on my router as my WAN port, and reconfigure my VLAN to include the WAN port as part the switch. Basically I get all 5 ports as a switch, use the 5Ghz network interface in the router to connect the routers together, and the 2.4Ghz to connect my wireless devices to the router. This setup works well for me, but is tricky, and usually involves custom firmware on your router, and a strong understanding of networking and networking concepts.

12 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

I also use wired to my xbox. Thanksgiving isnt for a month and a half. That being said, your network configuration is on you. Personally, I use WIFI on my router as my WAN port, and reconfigure my VLAN to include the WAN port as part the switch. Basically I get all 5 ports as a switch, use the 5Ghz network interface in the router to connect the routers together, and the 2.4Ghz to connect my wireless devices to the router. This setup works well for me, but is tricky, and usually involves custom firmware on your router, and a strong understanding of networking and networking concepts.

** canadian thanksgiving mate, is oct 9th lol..

6 hours ago, gavin_darkglider said:

lol..... I never really thought about canadian holidays.

Yeah, person posted "happy thanksgiving to all canadians".. ahhaa.