RealModScene
MBV0tt2Gj2wEt21

Media ID in Aurora for certain games not correct?

So, basically because the Media ID of the games are different from those that hold available title updates, I cannot download title updates from Aurora. So, for example, my Call of Duty: Black Ops Media ID shows on Aurora as "3A8590CD", but when I check on xboxunity.net for title updates, it doesn't show any Media IDs that match mine. Also, if I'm trying to download title updates from Aurora, when I press X to refresh the search for available title updates under the "Unity Marketplace" tab, nothing appears. If anyone knows why this is doing this, assistance in fixing it would be highly appreciated! If you need me to add photos, I will.

That is not a bug. TitleIDs are generic in the sense that all games have one that is individual to that game. MediaIDs help denote the region/base version of the game. So, the TU's for one mediaID might not work with the mediaID of the game you are running, because it is from the wrong region, or a different base version. So basically, if the mediaID is not in the Unity Database, it means 1 of 2 things. 1. The developers dont have that version of the game, so it never made it in, or 2. No one has uploaded a TU for this mediaID, so the DB wasnt updated automatically. Back when XBUC was still online, there were lists of TU files, that were mediaID specific. Unfortunatly, since Unity became the standard, alot of the other sites for JTAG/RGH content have ceased to exist, and this site has become the main source of information(in english) when it comes to this stuff. Well, I guess TX is still around, but that is more on the hardware side of things, and they are very specific in their rules that if you arent using their hardware, then they really dont want to help you. I have even seen use cases on that site where people are asking for help with a demon, but because they were using a matrix glitcher, they refused to help them. lol. 

Well, how do I fix the issue so I can get the proper Media ID of the game to show up? I've been taking GoD versions of the games I'm having problems with from my retail Xbox's hard drive, extracting them to my computer using FATXplorer, converting them to ISO using GoD2ISO, then using 360MP to put the files into one folder. After all that, I transfer them to my console, but it still doesn't help a thing. All of my GoD game copies are from the North America region as I'm guessing Canada is considered the same region as the US. But if they aren't the same region, they were all purchased in the US.

The mediaIDs are embeded into the default.xex file, I dont know of an easy way to change them, without hex editing that file. The only thing I can think of is google search for the tu files for that mediaID, and install them manually, or to download them from xbox live, and copy them to your JTAG. once that is done, you should be able to upload them to unity, so other people who might be having these issues can use the TU's you have uploaded, for that mediaID. I would think that the US versions of the game would have the title updates on Unity already, but who knows, I dont have that kind of access to the Unity server to add a mediaID for you. You would want to talk to Mattie, Swizzy, or JQE(Maintainer for Xbox Unity, RMS, and all other sites related to Team Phoenix) for that. I am just a lowly moderator and tester. lol. Most of these issues have nothing to do with the maintainers, as the DB is not from Xbox live, but pieced together from information that can be gleaned from the reports on this site, and the games that the maintainers of Xbox Unity have.

I was just messing around trying to hex edit the Media ID inside of the default.xex, but that didn't work for me. Perhaps there's some other things that need to be altered to get it to work properly. Oh well, I guess. Any ideas on how to get into contact with either of the three people you've mentioned?

On 9/23/2017 at 7:31 PM, MBV0tt2Gj2wEt21 said:

I was just messing around trying to hex edit the Media ID inside of the default.xex, but that didn't work for me. Perhaps there's some other things that need to be altered to get it to work properly. Oh well, I guess. Any ideas on how to get into contact with either of the three people you've mentioned?

Easiest way, would be to get a default.xex from a different media id.. or, since you have actual GoD's from a retail box like you mentioned, and just transfer the tu, which is easily obtainable, if you own the actual games..