RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Plimut

Aurora 0.6b r1238 Does not run games through SMB (ConnectX)

Greetings to all forum members and developers. There is a problem when running games via SMB client, initialization and connection is normal, the interface ConnectX correctly displays the free space on a network drive, scan games, as is normal, they appear among others. But the run ends with a return to Aurora, see the log.

Please help, or give direction to solve the problem, Shell FreeStyle runs these same games without a problem. (perhaps playing the role of connectx_patch.xexp) I'm not sure it applies to the Aurora or not.

{ "time" : "17:32:37.000", "thread" : "0xF9000000", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "TaskManager", "message" : "Scheduling Task:  411C5130" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.169", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "CONTENTLAUNCHER:  INITIALIZE" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.169", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "-------------------------------------------" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.170", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "Properties:" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.170", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "ContentID = 62" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.170", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "-------------------------------------------" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.200", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentItem", "message" : "Launch failed.  Unable to open container, 752a85fa64d2578c3666" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.210", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "error", "filter" : "ScnProgressUI", "message" : "DoWork failed... aborting." }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.210", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ScnProgressUI", "message" : "Progress Item completed with error code:  997" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.211", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "-------------------------------------------" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.211", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "ContentLauncher", "message" : "CONTENTLAUNCHER:  FINALIZE" }
{ "time" : "17:32:37.212", "thread" : "0xF9000008", "type" : "normal", "filter" : "TaskManager", "message" : "Completed Task:  411C5130" }

This would happen when multiple xboxes access the same file (or any other program) with exclusive access.

Do you have an Aurora 0.5 in your network that also launches this title? Or any other program that keeps the file open without providing access?

Это произойдет, когда несколько xboxes получат доступ к одному и тому же файлу (или к любой другой программе) с эксклюзивным доступом.

У вас есть Aurora 0.5 в вашей сети, которая также запускает этот заголовок? Или любая другая программа, которая поддерживает открытие файла без предоставления доступа?

No, I use linux SMB server for Enigma2, there are no other machines connected to this server, access RW allowed, here is my configuration.

[global]
   load printers = no
   guest account = root
   log file = /tmp/smb.log
   log level = 1
   security = share
   server string = OpenPLi SEZAMMARWEL network services
   workgroup = OpenPLi
   netbios name = SEZAMMARWEL
   case sensitive=yes
   preserve case=yes
   short preserve case=yes
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   preferred master = no
   oplocks = no

[Root]
  comment = Everything - take care!
  path = /
  read only = no
  public = yes
  guest ok = yes

[Harddisk]
  comment = The harddisk
  path = /media/hdd
  read only = no
  public = yes
  guest ok = yes 

I've checked the documentation for ConnectX and basically it states it only supports the Windows Vista/7 implementation of SMB, so it could be the fact that you are on linux....

If you can test it on a Windows share, then we'll know for sure.

I tested on windows 7 launch is successful, it seems that SMB linux does not behave as expected Aurora. I will use wireshark to determine the cause, in any case, I'll write about my results here.

I was confused by the fact that FreeStyle with the same daemon SMB client starts the game with the linux server successfully.

Thanks for the direction. 

I was messing with this yesterday with linux, and was running into issues with it even connecting to the server. The closest I got was setting up the server to use ldapsam, but without going through the extra effort to set up an ldap server, all it did was take a little longer for aurora to load, as I am guessing it failed authentication. I will mess with it more tonight after the kids go to bed. I do recall having it working in like 2014, with samba and linux, but there have been a lot of changes to the samba implementation since then.

I found on a translated russian forum that on older versions of samba it requires wins support = yes to be included under global. I will do further testing tonight and get back to you. Also, which version of Samba are you running? It might make a difference, as I was able to use it with a samba share in linux a few years back, and now I cant seem to get it to work at all. If I get a working configuration going, I will create a thread dedicated ConnectX and Samba with instructions to configure just for this, and link it here.

Follow Up:

So, after further investigation with wireshark, 2 things are happening. 1. it is connecting via netbios, which is not enabled by default in samba. 2. It is not properly authenticating with the server, so it is getting status_logon_failure. Also, if you try to set up public access on the share without a valid user, so anyone can see it, and then dont insert a username in the ConnectX settings, ConnectX is automatically filling in a username for you(Xenon). This means that unauthenticated access isnt going to work. The next thing for me to try is changing accepted password authentication protocols to the server, possibly trying to get the server to accept NTLMv1 hashes......

Here is the relevant PCAP  information, from both a windows share and a linux share. I stripped out the irrelevant information.  Dont bother trying to crack the password hash, the password used in this was 1234 on both machines, so the hashes being passed should match. The windows machine(WIndows 7) being a virtual machine running on top of the linux machine, with a bridged network connection. This is being posted for information purposes only. On linux the samba version is samba 4.6.7. if this information helps you figure out why connectX wont connect to samba, or allow you to play your games, feel free to send me a PM, and let me know what you come up with. I did have some luck, where I was getting successful login, but then ACCESS_DENIED errors if I redirected failed login to guest user, and set the guest user to be xbox. I did not include those packets, as it still failed to login, and used a slightly more complicated config than the one here. What I did find is that connectX is using NETBIOS for authentication, which is really old, and has since been replaced, hince why I did leave the NETBIOS config options. I will spend some time tomorrow messing with the version of samba on my NAS server, and see what I get there. it is running samba 3.6.25, and will report back what I come up with there also. Unfortunatly, I dont want to run wireshark on it, as it will also collect all my network traffic(NAS is also router).

Samba config File(The relevant information):

[global]
	workgroup = WORKGROUP
	server string = %h
	disable netbios = no
	netbios name = LAPTOP
[XBOX360]
	path = /home/xbox
	valid users = xbox
	public = no
	writable = yes
	printable = no
	create mask = 0765

connectx-stripped.pcap

Hey all, I decided my problem, it was indeed in the version of smb server 3.0.37, it didn't support smb v2, updating on 3.6.25 everything runs like clockwork. Here is the working config in any case.

[global]
   guest account = root
   security = user
   map to guest = bad user
   server string = EGAMI %h network services
   workgroup = WORKGROUP
   log file = /tmp/smb.log
   log level = 1 
   socket options = TCP_NODELAY
   netbios name = SEZAMMARWEL
   username map = /etc/samba/private/users.map
   smb passwd file = /etc/samba/private/smbpasswd
   encrypt passwords = yes
   passdb backend = smbpasswd
   idmap backend = smbpasswd
   obey pam restrictions = yes
   unix charset = utf-8
   max stat cache size = 64
   null passwords = yes
   unix password sync = yes
   pam password change = Yes
   passwd program = /usr/bin/passwd %u
   passwd chat = *Enter\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *Retype\snew\s*\spassword:* %n\n *password\supdated\ssuccessfully* .

[Root]
  comment = Everything - take care!
  path = /
  read only = no
  public = yes
  guest ok = yes
  valid users = root
  force create mode = 600
  force directory mode = 700
  force security mode = 600
  force directory security mode = 700

[Harddisk]