RealModScene
s8n

FMV stuttering and long load times with 2 titles , ConnectX and Aurora

hi members ,  i was wondering if anyone has the same issue with these 2 games below.  They both have long load times and stutter in the opening FMV ,  interestingly i have a bandwidth meter and there is about 800-900kbs during the long load times.  Maybe my settings are not right causing these issues ,  i currently use a USB HDD connected to my 360 but i would prefer to stream games through a network.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3

Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

roger that ,  yeah i have a 1TB in an enclosure connected to my 360 too.  I wonder if there is a possibility of a new network plugin being written ?.........or it is just the 360 unable to work well over a network ?.

Thanks for chiming in darkglider

I cant say much on the matter, other than it is a known issue, that is being looked into, and tested. Other than that you will have to wait to see what Aurora 0.7b brings. Quick question... Are you using wireless, or wired connection. I have had better luck with the xbox and loading from a network share if both the machine hosting the share, and the xbox are both running ethernet, and not wireless.

• Like 1

Yeah, Unfortunatly, ConnectX is slow. Since it was developed by MS, for the devkit, it isnt something we have the source for, so it would be a lot of work to reverse it, to rewrite it, just so it can run faster. Hell, I am assuming it was a lot of work to run it through a dissassembler to find the entry points for the functions, finding out what values to pass to the functions, and then patching it to work with a retail kernel to begin with. I guess, if you really understand PPC64 Architecture,  then you could dissassemble it, and find out where the bottlenecks are, and attempt to patch it yourself. Mad Props to you if you even attempt to try it. That being said, you might just spend weeks in front of XBwatson and IDA, before you have the slightest idea of what is actually happening on the xbox side. lol. I am sure all the users of connectX would appreciate a patch that fixes this issue though, if it is even possible without completely rewriting the plugin. I dont know, assembly is not a language I program in if I can avoid it. lol. It might be easier to rewrite the connectx plugin, using the same functions, and passing the same values. Problem is, getting the entry points for the functions to match the previous plugin might be tricky, and depending on how Aurora and/or FSD handle these entry points, your plugin may or may not work as a drop in replacement.

• Like 1