RealModScene
Sign in to follow this  
Idle Moment

Contents folder - help please.

Hi guys.

Need to understand the Contents folder in Aurora a bit better and was wondering if someone could help me out.

A bit of background, I have an RGH 360 running Aurora. It has a 500GB internal and a 2Tb external. I have just put together a 2nd RGH 360 and am busy setting this one up. The problem is that this new one only has a 120Gb internal. I'm transferring all my content across, but because of the difference in size with the internal, I need to be very careful about what content I take across.

Ok, first question: Does the Content folder need to be on the Internal HDD, or will Aurora still work correctly if I install all this data on the External? I'm particularly thinking about games that require an installed portion like GTA V...?

2nd question - I'm seeing 4 folders inside my Content directory. I understand what 3 of them are, but cant work out what the 4th folder is?

The 00000000000 folder is obviously the place where my updates, installs and dlc go. The other 2 folders are user folders and my save games are stored there. I also have a 4th folder which is a bunch of numbers, but it seems to have installed content there too. It's a very large folder (over 100Gb). It looks to have duplicates of some items in my 000000000 folder. For example I can see a 1.6GB file in there for Medal of Honor Warfighter - which appears to be the install disk content from disk 1. The issue is that the same file appears to be inside the 000000000 folder. I'm seeing something similar for a lot of other games like battlefield 3 and 4 etc. I'm wondering if this 4th folder is supposed to be there or if it is just a duplicate folder left over from my FSD days perhaps?

Is all installed content and dlc stored in the 0000000 folder by default or does the 360 sometimes move items to another directory perhaps?

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

16 hours ago, Idle Moment said:

Hi guys.

Need to understand the Contents folder in Aurora a bit better and was wondering if someone could help me out.

A bit of background, I have an RGH 360 running Aurora. It has a 500GB internal and a 2Tb external. I have just put together a 2nd RGH 360 and am busy setting this one up. The problem is that this new one only has a 120Gb internal. I'm transferring all my content across, but because of the difference in size with the internal, I need to be very careful about what content I take across.

Ok, first question: Does the Content folder need to be on the Internal HDD, or will Aurora still work correctly if I install all this data on the External? I'm particularly thinking about games that require an installed portion like GTA V...?

2nd question - I'm seeing 4 folders inside my Content directory. I understand what 3 of them are, but cant work out what the 4th folder is?

The 00000000000 folder is obviously the place where my updates, installs and dlc go. The other 2 folders are user folders and my save games are stored there. I also have a 4th folder which is a bunch of numbers, but it seems to have installed content there too. It's a very large folder (over 100Gb). It looks to have duplicates of some items in my 000000000 folder. For example I can see a 1.6GB file in there for Medal of Honor Warfighter - which appears to be the install disk content from disk 1. The issue is that the same file appears to be inside the 000000000 folder. I'm seeing something similar for a lot of other games like battlefield 3 and 4 etc. I'm wondering if this 4th folder is supposed to be there or if it is just a duplicate folder left over from my FSD days perhaps?

Is all installed content and dlc stored in the 0000000 folder by default or does the 360 sometimes move items to another directory perhaps?

Thanks for the help. Appreciate it.

1st: the content folder will work as is on external if your kernel is 17349+, only a handful of games wont, because the require "install content" to be on the internal drive.

2nd: the other folders are your profiles, as well as their saved games..

3rd: the stock kernel of 360 does not install other stuff for games outside of the 00000... folder, the fact of it being over 100gb seems like it is an error from previously moving stuff around, and not being placed in correct location. Afaik

Edit:

Also, i believe the optional media update gots into the fff... folder, but i cant remember if that goes before the 0000.. folder, or inside it.. lol sry

• Thanks 1