RealModScene
sunspots

Where are the settings/everything stored?

Hi,

I assumed all of the settings (ie custom views/etc) where stored in the settings.db. But after configuring one xbox the way I wanted it, and copying the aurora folder completely to a different xbox, the new xbox loads up with no settings/cover art/views/anything. Then I thought it's probably stored under the profile as a "game save" but I can't find an aurora folder under my profile, just game saves. Does anyone have any suggestions? Another note: I loaded into FSD3 to copy aurora so it wasn't running as I copied it.

Thanks!

20 hours ago, bluewhistled said:

Hi,

I assumed all of the settings (ie custom views/etc) where stored in the settings.db. But after configuring one xbox the way I wanted it, and copying the aurora folder completely to a different xbox, the new xbox loads up with no settings/cover art/views/anything. Then I thought it's probably stored under the profile as a "game save" but I can't find an aurora folder under my profile, just game saves. Does anyone have any suggestions? Another note: I loaded into FSD3 to copy aurora so it wasn't running as I copied it.

Thanks!

the custom filters are saved in the "User" folder.. as for the settings.db, i think that is linked to the Hdd ID, could be mistaken here.

now i DO know the games and such ARE tied to the HDD ID, when not connected to the SAME HDD, the games wont show.

your BEST bet here mate, just do a FRESH install, and you can move custom filters and such over no problem, but the coverart/games/ect all need to be re-scanned on the CURRENT HDD, not just copy/paste them, afaik.

now, there is no "gamesave" or anything tied to a profile in that sense, aurora DOES save the current quickviews and such via profile, but it does not save anything to the profile itself, iirc. those settings are saved within aurora's install folder, and are read once you load the profile. 

Okay, thanks a lot felida. I really assumed I could configure one box, pick out the covers I like/etc, customize it exactly how I want, and then just replicate it over.  

I'm really surprised the data is drive specific. I guess that's so you can have the same game across multiple disks?

Is there anyway to change the disk they are 'tied' to?

Thanks felida!

16 hours ago, bluewhistled said:

Okay, thanks a lot felida. I really assumed I could configure one box, pick out the covers I like/etc, customize it exactly how I want, and then just replicate it over.  

I'm really surprised the data is drive specific. I guess that's so you can have the same game across multiple disks?

Is there anyway to change the disk they are 'tied' to?

Thanks felida!

easily? yes and no.. lol.. its easily done by changing the content.db..

is it easy to find the long device ID? no.. you could load up aurora, scan, then re-edit the old one to reflect the new one, but honestly.. its just too much work when it takes like 5 mins to download covers and such on the new console altogether, versus the hours it could take to change the device id for EVERY entry(might not be every single one, might be, honestly dont know haha).. 

easiest and quickest way, just do the other console normally.. 

Aurora Settings are profile ID based

Game Covers are stored based on the HDD ID, it can be updated in the db if you know it... it's not an easy task to do tho, however, you can easily use my Asset Editor to extract the covers you wish to use followed by importing them back in...

10 hours ago, felida said:

easily? yes and no.. lol.. its easily done by changing the content.db..

is it easy to find the long device ID? no.. you could load up aurora, scan, then re-edit the old one to reflect the new one, but honestly.. its just too much work when it takes like 5 mins to download covers and such on the new console altogether, versus the hours it could take to change the device id for EVERY entry(might not be every single one, might be, honestly dont know haha).. 

easiest and quickest way, just do the other console normally.. 

Sadly, when you're loading 500 titles from a network share, 10 screen shots per, and trailers, it definitely does not take 5 minutes, more like 2-3 hours. Not to mention fixing all of the bad covers/covers I don't like, renaming the horrible names Unity gives some names (some call of duties are COD and others are call of duty, some games come in japanese when they are english versions of a japanese game, some are just named in the weirdest way possible),

Also creating the custom views. I mean it doesn't even default with a 'Favorites' view. Then I have to modify all of the existing ones to not include connectX titles, make a custom "All Titles (Network)" view/etc. Since I like to be able to play the entire library from the network, and then titles we like, we copy to the harddrive, delete when we need space, etc. Like our own game checkout service. And since xboxen are so cheap these days it's nice to have multiple in different areas of the house.

Honestly what would be awesome (and I don't expect this to ever happen) is to have all of the content for network games located on a share and shared by all xboxes, just like how all of my XBMC (Kodi) machines work. If I change something on one, they all get the change in every room of the house since they all access the network for content. Except for locally stored games obviously.

1 hour ago, Swizzy said:

Aurora Settings are profile ID based

Game Covers are stored based on the HDD ID, it can be updated in the db if you know it... it's not an easy task to do tho, however, you can easily use my Asset Editor to extract the covers you wish to use followed by importing them back in...

I mean, if I just have to use an sqlite editor, or some SQL queries that's extremely easy. Is there any homebrew that will display the hdd id? Or would I have to write something. I really really wish Aurora were open source, as a Dev I would love to see how you code for an xbox. Not to mention the aurora code sounds very interesting. It's a shame you guys are keeping it closed. I don't really get why you're nervous about a fork... so what? Just don't support forked code. Not that big of a deal. And honestly, I don't really see anyone forking it, you guys are pretty much what's left of the 360 scene. I wouldn't be so paranoid, and people could learn from it. I would definitely try and add some stuff. I'm a professional dev in C/C++ with 15+ years experience.

2 hours ago, bluewhistled said:

Sadly, when you're loading 500 titles from a network share, 10 screen shots per, and trailers, it definitely does not take 5 minutes, more like 2-3 hours. Not to mention fixing all of the bad covers/covers I don't like, renaming the horrible names Unity gives some names (some call of duties are COD and others are call of duty, some games come in japanese when they are english versions of a japanese game, some are just named in the weirdest way possible),

Also creating the custom views. I mean it doesn't even default with a 'Favorites' view. Then I have to modify all of the existing ones to not include connectX titles, make a custom "All Titles (Network)" view/etc. Since I like to be able to play the entire library from the network, and then titles we like, we copy to the harddrive, delete when we need space, etc. Like our own game checkout service. And since xboxen are so cheap these days it's nice to have multiple in different areas of the house.

Honestly what would be awesome (and I don't expect this to ever happen) is to have all of the content for network games located on a share and shared by all xboxes, just like how all of my XBMC (Kodi) machines work. If I change something on one, they all get the change in every room of the house since they all access the network for content. Except for locally stored games obviously.

I mean, if I just have to use an sqlite editor, or some SQL queries that's extremely easy. Is there any homebrew that will display the hdd id? Or would I have to write something. I really really wish Aurora were open source, as a Dev I would love to see how you code for an xbox. Not to mention the aurora code sounds very interesting. It's a shame you guys are keeping it closed. I don't really get why you're nervous about a fork... so what? Just don't support forked code. Not that big of a deal. And honestly, I don't really see anyone forking it, you guys are pretty much what's left of the 360 scene. I wouldn't be so paranoid, and people could learn from it. I would definitely try and add some stuff. I'm a professional dev in C/C++ with 15+ years experience.

I get the whole 500 library thing, and you can easily turn down the screen shots down to 2, ect.. 

Now, the team chose to leave it closed source as many software devs do, and you obviously havent seen how people post and complain about stuff here, even trying to get help from guides from other forums lol.. you can easily get the xdk, and learn how to code for the 360 via their examples and stuff.. you can look at Swizzys github as well and look into the retroarch source and see how they coded that for 360, without the xdk installed.. 

Taking it down to 2 is a compromise instead of a solution. Swizzy said something about the asset editor. Can one of you please link me to that? I have never heard of that tool. I see the "import" option but no "export" which is odd.

I would love to see Aurora's code base because from the sounds of it it's a nice clean code base, and from using it I know it must be very nice code to achieve its current level of sophistication. Retroarch is just recompiled emulators I thought? Perhaps I'm wrong.

How do I go about impressing the right people with my mad hax0ring skillz so I can get involved? Just kidding, about the skillz, not kidding about trying to get involved with the team so I can add features and view the code base. I've had a few beers. I hope this doesn't sounds like bragging but I was a presenter at DEFCON 18 for code I wrote that was extremely involved and almost exclusively algorithms. I only say that as maybe proof that I'm not an amateur? I don't know. I've got spare time now as my fiance is swamped with school work and this sounds like a fun project to be apart of. But I totally get that I'd need to prove myself in other ways, but how? I could send nudes? That would probably end my engagement though. Worth it.

Only the people working on aurora get to see aurora's code base. As for the question original question, all you have to do is replace the UUID for old HDD with the new HDD in either the settings, or the content DB. I dont remember which one exactly. There is a table just for mounts, and this is where you will find what  are looking for. You can use connect the drive to yr actual computer to find out the UUID of the partition. I have done this with hdd clones, when all the games show up grey, like they arent there. you only have to modify 1 entry, and it all starts working again.

Retroarch is an emulator designed around libretro. Libretro tries to be a library that is used to make such emulator cores cross platform.... Blah blah blah. You can read about it more on their site. The cores released here were patched, and fixed by the Aurora developers, so something was supported by the aurora rom browser feature. PCSXR360 has since been added to that list, but that was done by another developer, named dreamboy. Neither is actually supported by Team Phoenix.

I'm really surprised the data is drive specific.

This is to avoid Game rip share on Retail for instance.

is it easy to find the long device ID? no..

Take something that was created on the HDD you want the Device ID.

For example a Profile, a Game rip, the Cache in System Settings, etc...

Take it by the network ( ftp, Samba ) or by putting on the HDD to PC. Don't copy\transfer to an USB device.

Is there any homebrew that will display the hdd id?

Use Horizon for example and it will show your HDD ID.

On 9/4/2017 at 10:47 AM, Blackjack said:

This is to avoid Game rip share on Retail for instance.

Take something that was created on the HDD you want the Device ID.

For example a Profile, a Game rip, the Cache in System Settings, etc...

Take it by the network ( ftp, Samba ) or by putting on the HDD to PC. Don't copy\transfer to an USB device.

Use Horizon for example and it will show your HDD ID.

What do you mean a Game rip share on Retail? All of my consoles are retail, I guess what's a game rip share? All I'm aware of are GOD/Extracted games.