RealModScene
gjf

Aurora cannot read profile data

Latest Aurora release expects problems when trying to read profile data in Kinect Sport (4D5308C9).

When trying to load profile in game itself - the whole system freezes. If the profile is already loaded - sometimes the game shows the message "cannot read the disk" (the game is started from HDD), sometimes it freezes a little bit after.

FSD in the same time works without problem.

Same problem in Splinter Cell Conviction (5553080B). The profile is loaded normally, but the whole system freezes during first few minutes of the game (I believe it happens immediately when the game is trying to save something in profile).

FSD also works without any problem, however it does not find any trace of previous saves in profile made under Aurora - the game simply starts at the very beginning.

Looks very bad for Aurora, have to move back to FSD.

On 8/30/2017 at 10:49 AM, gjf said:

Latest Aurora release expects problems when trying to read profile data in Kinect Sport (4D5308C9).

When trying to load profile in game itself - the whole system freezes. If the profile is already loaded - sometimes the game shows the message "cannot read the disk" (the game is started from HDD), sometimes it freezes a little bit after.

FSD in the same time works without problem.

Same problem in Splinter Cell Conviction (5553080B). The profile is loaded normally, but the whole system freezes during first few minutes of the game (I believe it happens immediately when the game is trying to save something in profile).

FSD also works without any problem, however it does not find any trace of previous saves in profile made under Aurora - the game simply starts at the very beginning.

Looks very bad for Aurora, have to move back to FSD.

first, i highly doubt it is an aurora problem, as aurora doesn't mess with how game saves are stored.

second, maybe the saves are getting corrupted, due to profile corruption or you not having space? check in the memory section of system settings, if the saves have a yellow circle with a ! in it, it means it is corrupted.

felida

First of all thank you for your kind reply. I am a little bit surprised it is not devs who answers in support section, but sometimes users are more friendly and less busy - so anyway it's cool.

Concerning the topic: unfortunately I cannot confirm the reasons you mentioned are really the source of the problem.

1. I have about 10 Gb free space at drive. If the free space is the problem - why FSD works well?

2. Possibly it was not clear but I have started all problem games at first time, so there were no any saves, actually they should be created.

3. As for now FSD works well and saves well. Anyway Aurora still cannot start Kinect Sport.

4. I've checked the memory section in Aurora, there is no problem with yellow circle.

5. I've tried to delete saves in Kinnect Sport and run it once again. Still - Aurora has problem, FSD - not.

16 minutes ago, gjf said:

felida

First of all thank you for your kind reply. I am a little bit surprised it is not devs who answers in support section, but sometimes users are more friendly and less busy - so anyway it's cool.

Concerning the topic: unfortunately I cannot confirm the reasons you mentioned are really the source of the problem.

1. I have about 10 Gb free space at drive. If the free space is the problem - why FSD works well?

2. Possibly it was not clear but I have started all problem games at first time, so there were no any saves, actually they should be created.

3. As for now FSD works well and saves well. Anyway Aurora still cannot start Kinect Sport.

4. I've checked the memory section in Aurora, there is no problem with yellow circle.

5. I've tried to delete saves in Kinnect Sport and run it once again. Still - Aurora has problem, FSD - not.

1. Aurora/FSD do not mess with saving at all mate, now as for loading the game.. dunno, maybe there is a title update not found by aurora, and one is in FSD.. or the TU in aurora is corrupt?? try re-downloading it? or disabling it? then see?? this is the problem i am leaning towards, as BOTH FSD/Aurora save TU's in their own location.. 

2. as for the corruption, you have to go into the stock dash mate, FSD/aurora cant help you on this (yet)..

now, seeing as i dont have a kinect/the game.. i cant provide other insight, my apologies. but i am willing to help..

but i can guarantee you, that AURORA/FSD have nothing to do with how the game saves. that is all internally done by the dash/kernel/whatever you want to call it. and is matched to the profile/xuid/consoleID, all of which can be changed and transferred, between profiles and console ids no problem.

now, as for the space, yeah, you have enough space.. sometimes people forget that when trying, and post random threads lol.. figured i'd cover all the bases here..

now i am not apart of the dev team, but i do know what i am talking about, and are good friends with the team, feel free to try the steps i mentioned above, and i'll try to see if i can get the game on my end, i know my ex's kid has it lol, and see if there is a problem on my end, and i will look deeper into what could be possibly be happening...

edit:

also, your HDD "could" be failing.. this could be the issue as well.. 

1. I did not dl/install any TU for Kinect Sport, so it is not the problem.

2. Once again: I deleted saves and start game from scratches. Aurora fails - FSD - not. Anyway - I have checked in stock dash also, no errors.

3. Since both Aurora and FSD use the same saves - why FSD does not expect problems?

10 minutes ago, gjf said:

1. I did not dl/install any TU for Kinect Sport, so it is not the problem.

2. Once again: I deleted saves and start game from scratches. Aurora fails - FSD - not. Anyway - I have checked in stock dash also, no errors.

3. Since both Aurora and FSD use the same saves - why FSD does not expect problems?

1. ok, it was just an idea.. lol.. the TU thing..

2. the save wouldnt prevent the game from loading, the game would just tell you that your save is corrupted.

3. when you save a game, it goes into the content folder, under your profile folder, then separated by title ID. xexmenu/FSD/aurora/ect do not mess with this in any way, this is how the CORE coding is, always has been. 

now, i will have to go get the game, and try to re-create your issue mate. have you tried any other kinect games under aurora, and this is the only game that gives you a problem? 

edit:

have you tried a different profile altogether? maybe profile is corrupt? just trying to narrow down the issue mate is all..

edit 2:

have you tried seeing if the issue is tied to just Aurora .6b? try using .5b and see if the same issue occurs as well.. reason i say this, is because you mentioned "using latest aurora" so yeah

I understand Aurora/FSD does not matter, but anyway - I can see the problem.

As for other Kinect games - Kinect Sport 2 works well in both.

Just created the second profile - the problem still exists.