RealModScene
Ceoiss

[Skin] Xbox ONE Experience

Xbox ONE Experience Skin

Hello everyone, I finally finished my first skin for Aurora.
Is a skin based in 'Aurora SteamOS' skin by mrknorton.
With modification in colors, buttons and layouts to match the Xbox ONE Dashboard. Inspired in Xbox ONE Dashboard and Windows 10.

I do not really like Aurora's default skin, so I looked for a simple skin and the theme colors of Xbox One, and the ones I tried were not exactly what I wanted, so I had the idea to create my own skin, I finished the skin and I was very happy with the result, I still have to finish several animations in the menus, but as soon as I finish this I update the topic.

Main.thumb.jpg.b50e891c9283aa2bc70bb8851a4cd000.jpg

Side-menu.thumb.jpg.c37b4d6feafc7311c77bf42d9a93fe49.jpg

Game-scene.thumb.jpg.5be6721db91eec422061502283d5aecb.jpg

Game-achievements.thumb.jpg.b67202fef49f5488bf7044b8fba0cdcd.jpg

File-manager.thumb.jpg.8514aa4a8e2487fa57c40d0af1e59c3f.jpg

Scripts.thumb.jpg.7525311fc0beb77c1def11a588c6131b.jpg

Yes, I got some problems with screenshot, so here are photos that I have taken with my phone :P

Currently available to Aurora 0.6b

Download link: mega

Besides the skin, I made some modifications to the Aurora itself.

I modified AuroraRepo's "Main.lua" by editing its description (scriptDescription). Now the text is: "Download and install new Content Scripts", this description is shorter and succinct, I believe it was better this way.  

I also modified the script icon "LiNKTop5", filling the number 5 (which was transparent) with the white color.

How to install: Go to your Aurora 0.6b folder, and go to: "User" / "Scripts" / "Utility" and in the "AuroraRepo" folder, just replace the Main.lua file. And in the "LiNKTop5" folder (if you use this script) replace the icon.png file.

All these modifications are included with the skin.

Hope everyone enjoy!

Edited by Ceoiss
Text enhancements
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 7/27/2017 at 3:57 AM, cashonly said:

looks good, i will try it tonight. thank you!

Thank you too, I'm glad you liked the skin.

On 7/27/2017 at 11:11 AM, salah.rgh2 said:

good well done

Thanks dude.

7 hours ago, mrknorton said:

First skin? Impressive! Well done :thumbup:

Thank you man. Yep, my very first skin and it took several failed attempts to finish.

Here are my thoughts, as I am just now looking at this..... It looks really nice. It is nice to see someone do something a little different with the theme layout, such as moving the back menu to the side, and not making it a box in the middle of the screen. That being said, the changes you made to the Aurora Repo, while ascetically pleasing, give the wrong message. The scripts are utility scripts. One of those utilities could be downloading content, but there is so much more that can be done there, such as changing fan speed, getting system information, finding out how many people are on link, adjusting temperatures in SMC, getting local weather information, etc. So calling them content scripts implies that some sort of content will be downloaded, like DLC, which will never be supported by team phoenix. It should be doable with the api that is there, if anyone is brave enough to go one on one with microsoft. lol. Just dont release the script here. lol.

Hello, and thank you very much for the skin, but I would like you to modify some simple things, even if only for a user.
1-At the beginning of the sound, is something out of line, and what really if it could be removed below the home screen, the routes, and other things that it scans?
2-This is the most important, with how beautiful are the backgrounds of the games, when one is covered, after cover, why are opted? You could put them clearly visible

Thanks for everything.
Gracias, no hablo inglés, espero no les moleste la traducción del San Google. jajaja

58 minutes ago, gavin_darkglider said:

It always takes a while before skins get updated. It is a process, which basically has to be redone with each new version of aurora.

Yup, can u pm me the stuff? Lol since i cant access phoenix.unity? And ill get started tonight after work on doing some skins lololol 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WillisVonDoom said:

Love it! Any chance of updating it to work for 0.7b?

I just saw the release of the new version of Aurora, I'll test it and update the skin to 0.7b 

I'll try to do it as fast as I can. And thanks for the interest!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, VictorELDios said:

Any tutorial to start making some skin? P.D. Forgive my English

Yes, in tge tutorial section...

24 minutes ago, VictorELDios said:

Any tutorial to start making some skin? P.D. Forgive my English

I started by extracting and editing Aurora's default skin, modifying colors and elements, I looked at the tutorials here in the forum and I learned more about animations among several other things.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ceoiss said:

I just saw the release of the new version of Aurora, I'll test it and update the skin to 0.7b 

I'll try to do it as fast as I can. And thanks for the interest!

Awesome can't wait! :D

9 hours ago, Darkstereo said:

Yes, please. Also, how do you update skins for the various versions?

a couple of things..

most important is making sure that all animations and such are mapped in the new skin, for the new features.. otherwise it will not work properly.. it is not just a simple change either

On 6/17/2018 at 9:56 PM, felida said:

a couple of things..

most important is making sure that all animations and such are mapped in the new skin, for the new features.. otherwise it will not work properly.. it is not just a simple change either

Ahhhh... I see.  Thank you master! May the force be with you.